[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 40

File: pat.jpg (17KB, 601x338px) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
17KB, 601x338px
Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients.
>>
how the fuck do I get red of hyper-pigmentation and scar indentations
>>
>>12299949
>hyper-pigmentation
sorry, not sure what that is
>>
How significant the impact of coffee on skin is?
I eat according to /fit/, no junk food, soda or alcohol, do workout and basic skincare routines, but coffee is the thing I just can't get rid of.
Daily coffee intake is about 0.5 - 0.75 L (black, no or little sugar).
>>
after i have a pimple on my forehead sometimes it leaves an indent even after the red scar fades. will these go away over time or am i fucked? collagen remodels for up to a year after acne right?
>>
>>12299949
You cannot get rid of scars without professional intervention, but for hyper-pigmentation you can use AHA exfoliants, and vitamin-rich products.
I enjoyed vitamin C serums, rose hip oil, and other serums packed with vitamins.
>>
asian guy over here --

used to use neosporin for acne.. kinda greasy and didnt rly work that well but sometimes it reduced some big ones

had a period using some shit my pediatrician prescribed for me as a kid. meh, nothing special

used/using benzoyl peroxide or whatever (i think 3 or 5%) for a couple years. good results in the beginning but not much these days, also dries out your skin so be careful

for acne scars (everyone gets em) i used mederma which works wonders... and sunlight, get a nice tan and it gets rid of blemishes in general (including acne woah)

regular skin maintenance i use olay regenerist (25 a bottle at costco or something)... pricey but works wonders, keeps my skin moisterized. i put it on first thing in the morning and after anytime i wash my face. Cerave equivalent facial moisturizer works fine too, a little cheaper

used to wash my face with hand soap cuz i already felt high maintenance as a guy but these days ive been trying out some neutrogena naturals face wash (10 a bottle) cuz the ex recommended it in the past or something

oh i have nice asian skin that people often compliment by the way
>>
>>12300307
1. Coffee isn't in that list.
2. /fit/ knows v. little about skincare.
3. Try caffeine pills or preworkout? Make sure you drink a lot of water if you're going to be having caffeine throughout the day.
>>
how the fuk do i close my huge ass pores!!
>>
>>12301014
Eat healthy, drink a lots of water.
Use a delicate cleanser and a toner.
Exfoliate your skin.
Use masques: I really love NIOD ones, they turned my skin around.

My friend had positive effects with baking soda but I never tried.
>>
>>12301029
which masque did you use?
>>
>>12301482
I have the flavanone mud and the myrrh clay. Both work amazingly.
The flavanone mud in particular is probably the best beauty product I've ever had. Makes my pores shrink and makes my skin look really smooth. If I have a breakout, or a cyst, or red skin it disappears. It's pretty quick to use, takes just 10 minutes each week.

I am saving to buy this:
http://niod.com/product/nid-set-treatments
>>
>>12300978
more info on removing acne scars/marks?
I got rid of the acne but my cheeks are still filled with marks
>>
So, tell me if you know - is sparkling water alright to stay hydrated? I really can't stand still water, it do not refresh me. So I stick to the tea, sparkling water and ocasionally natural lemonades. Is this bad?
>>
>>12301558
Sparkling water is more than fine.
>>
aesop products have worked really well for me. also, accutane is the best thing to even happen
>>
>>12301509

laser resurfacing can help you with that as well as chemical peels. another alternative would be dermarolling.
>>
>>12301682
What Aesop products did you use?
>>
Some days i dont wash my face, or moisturise etc, cause my skin is pretty good, no spots etc.

BUT, just case I have no spots etc, is there stuff im missing out on?, Will i phyiscally look better, i mean more awake/aware, I think I read it will make your face look less puffy, but cant remember.

Am i missing out on other stuff by not moisturising?
>>
>>12301836
>dermarolling.
does it werk?
>>
>>12302483

I have only tried it a couple times. not enough to provide any results. the glowing reviews seem to point to yes though.
>>
So i've been using both Cerave & Cetaphil cleansers along with Cerave's moisturizer lotion (i apply them on at night and sometimes in the morning) but my skin is not showing much signs of improvement, also I'm starting to get out of my house more but i have no clue about good cheap sunscreens, any help?
>>
remember to check your shampoos everyone! I had dermatitis for several months and it was because I was using Tresemme. Switched to head and shoulders and now my hair and face look way better
>>
>>12302992
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen is really good! I have darker skin and it doesn't leave a white cast on me
>>
File: th8liml.png (501KB, 910x914px) Image search: [Google]
th8liml.png
501KB, 910x914px
2 rounds of accutane and I still have acne. Pretty bad bouts of depression each time. I really have no idea what to do and I fucking hate my skin.

On top of this, I'm Asian and we're expected to have good skin.
>>
>>12303037
What have you been trying so far in terms of routine/diet/etc.?
>>
So I'm home for break atm, and I mentioned to my father that the electric razor I've used since I was a teenager kind of sucks and I'm thinking of switching to the DE meme. He showed me the brand he uses, called Harry's razors. I tried it and while it was a lot better than the electric, I was wondering how it compares to other options.

Has anyone heard of this brand or its reputation? Is DE or wet shave worth the trouble?
>>
>>12303037
Try sudocrem that shit has been working for me pretty well
>>
>>12303054
Right now I'm just cleansing and moisturizing in the morning and at night.

Before I used to do cleanse+moisturize+sun screen in the morning and the following at night:
- Cleanse
- Alpha Hydrox Acid exfoliator
- Aztec clay mask with apple cider vinegar 1-2 a week
- Moisturize
Hydroquinone for scarring.

I stopped after my dermatologist said this was all basically bullshit.
>>
>>12303037
>>12303054
>>12303073
Sudocrem? Huh, interesting that it's an antiseptic. A quick google search seems to indicate it helps with scarring and not acne itself though.
>>
>>12303122
It's been helping me with both and it's so cheap you're not really missing out on much if it doesn't work
>>
Currently when I shower I use:
exfoliator (not every day),
soap,
cleanser,
shampoo,
astringent,
and moisturizer, in that order.

If I were to start using benzoyl peroxide, what would be the best place to insert it?
>>
File: Envase Black Head.jpg (226KB, 1600x804px) Image search: [Google]
Envase Black Head.jpg
226KB, 1600x804px
Currently using this meme on my nose and cheeks to get rid of my million black heads, it kinda works but it seems they are too deep into my nose, also i can't close my huge pores on my cheeks, they are so red i look like an alcoholic, any suggestions?
>>
File: 1452390016373.jpg (32KB, 410x396px) Image search: [Google]
1452390016373.jpg
32KB, 410x396px
My routine in the morning is:

Facial Cleaner
Exfoliator (only wednesday & sunday)
Benzoyl peroxide (only if I have an outbreak)
Aloe Vera gel (for reducing acne scars)
Moisterizer

I have oily skin and some acne but it got better after I started doing this routine, I still have some decent amount of visible acne scars left though.
Is it fine if I only do my routine once a day?
What should I do at night, the same routine or...?
Is the order fine?
The aloe vera gel worked a little against acne scars but if there is something else that works I am willing to try that out.

Thanks in advance

>>12303437
I tried those aswell and they only pull the little ones out. The visible big ones are still there on my nose
>>
>>12304067
It is fine if you do your skincare just once a day, but do it at night.
In the morning, wash your face with water and then use some sunscreen before you go out.

Acne scarring cannot be removed without a professional.
You can eliminate some dyschromia by using chemical exfoliation and serums with vitamins (A, E, C, B especially).
I am using a serum with alpha arbutin and it helped.
>>
>>12301499
Can anyone recommend an alternative to a pore reducing mask? This is rather costly.
>>
>>12304110
You can buy the masks separately, the one flavanone mud is like 35€ - which is pricey but not extremely expensive like the set deal.

Clay masks in general are pretty effective on pores - I've heard good things about the Aztec Secret one (which is cheap as hell).
>>
>>12304150
Yes, I did find it for £29. I don't normally purchase skincare products so it still seems a little pricey to me. Or does that count as averagely priced? If so, I'll get it. Do you reckon it'll last a while?

Thanks
>>
>>12304309
It is between average and high-end. There are a lot of cheaper options that might be as effective, this one worked particularly good for me.

I am very happy with it, I have been using it for 3 months and I really see progress. I am almost at half of the 50 ml jar, and I used it for about 15-20 applications. You use a very thin layer of it.
>>
>>12304329
Alright, I'll see if I'll be able to afford it. Else, I'll go for the Aztec one, which I've found for about half the price. But thank you very much for the in depth explanation.
>>
>>12303437
>>12304067

Try this and then apply the meme black cream. Vapor opens your pores making it easier the black head removal.
>>
File: mamma mia.jpg (435KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
mamma mia.jpg
435KB, 2203x2937px
I've always used Ivory soap on my body, and I get mild eczema occasionally. I'm looking into the Dove bar and the Cetaphil bar.

Why are these marketed as soap-free when they list soaps in their ingredients? Sodium stearate and sodium tallowate are common soaps and in both bars.

Also why are the ingredients so complicated? The Avene bar is more natural looking, but it has mainly the same ingredients too. Plus, it costs a fortune.

Honestly, the more I research these products, the more I want to just go full-Roman oil cleanse method.
>>
what would you guys recommend for a beginner routine?
>>
File: pepe sad.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pepe sad.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>12301682
I keep breaking out on my chin, it's so small it's hardly noticeable but still annoying. Any tips??
I've been off of it for about 2 weeks and I thought it was really working, but my stupid chin won't chill out. Do I just need to give it time??
>>
>>12298443
I'm on accutane. I am miserable.
>>
>>12305840
For the morning:
>Wash your face with cold water
>Moisturiser with sunscreen

For the night
>Wash your face with a delicate face wash
>(eventual treatments for your skin problems)
>Moisturiser
>>
File: Deer-Takes-The-Bus.gif (3MB, 392x271px) Image search: [Google]
Deer-Takes-The-Bus.gif
3MB, 392x271px
>>12298443
Maybe you guys can help me
> showerd long, with very warm/ hot water for 1-2 Months.
> Skin feels dry and is somewhat "unelastic"

Beside taking only short showers with cold and pee warm water, what can I do to fix my skin?
>>
>>12306617
moisturise or shower less often
>>
I have large pores on my nose. How do I make them smaller and not make the problem worse?
>>
Can you guys help out with eczema? I have it on my face and it sucks.
I currently use epaderm cream, I also exfoilate every other day (should I tone that down a bit?)
>>
>>12304787

>opening pores

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE THIS
>>
File: IMG_20170311_232232.jpg (422KB, 1296x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170311_232232.jpg
422KB, 1296x2304px
what can i do to change this red fucking skin? i already drink a lot of water, eat well, and exercise. i tried using coconut oil for two months and it didnt do anything
>>
>>12307633
Use a chemical exfoliant or something like Eucerin or Amlactin. Or get a steroid cream from your derm. two days of steroid cream has solved all my toughest eczema spots.
>>
>>12307877
Uh because they still do that at spas when you get a facial lol.
>>
who /caveman/ here?
>>
File: IMG_7301.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7301.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
works for me
>>
File: IMG_.jpg (879KB, 1212x2313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_.jpg
879KB, 1212x2313px
I always get these red spots on my neck after shaving. Sometimes they'll get inflamated and huge, bright red
What exactly is this and how do I stop it from happening? Someone told me I should try electric beard trimmers instead of a razor
>>
File: images(49).jpg (23KB, 553x554px) Image search: [Google]
images(49).jpg
23KB, 553x554px
Thoughts on pic related?
>>
>>12309334
How are the toner and the masque?
I tried their creams and they're great.
>>
>>12309372
learn to shave faggot
>>
>>12309372
looks like folliculitis
>>
>>12309372
It's razor burn. Sanitize your razor with rubbing alcohol or buy a new cartridge if you use disposable. Use shaving cream when you shave and look up tutorials on YouTube about how to correctly shave.
>>
>>12309375
absolutely sublime. Probably my favorite products from them, along with the Parsley Seed cream.
>>
I started using a cleanser and moisturizer (standard Cetaphil and Cerave recommendations) and they are great! My acne is mostly gone now.

What is the next step? Toner? Sunscreen? Asian memecare?
I could use something to heal all of these acne scars.
>>
>>12309694
I'm also interested in finding out what clears acne scars
>>
File: 71Pqc6vEQOL._SL1500_.jpg (113KB, 491x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71Pqc6vEQOL._SL1500_.jpg
113KB, 491x1500px
>>12309373
i'm considering buying pic related for acne on my back
>>
My skin is very dry.
I already use tons of moisturisers, oils and whatever. It still feels dry as fuck after a few hours, to the point make up is unbearable.

How do I fix it?
>>
>>12308870
I sometimes use steroids, but prolonged use isn't viable.
Basically a steroid cream fixes my skin, and then after a couple days off them it just comes back.
>>
Are there any particular ways to use BHA/AHA

So my routine is currently:
Cetaphil Cleanser
AHA Toner
Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid
Eucerin pH5

Should I drop one of the AHA/BHAs?
>>
My skin is fucking disgusting, i got a fucking bermuda triangle of ance on my damn face
>>
>>12309794
Do you shower in hot water? If yes, stop doing it and go cold shower.
>>
>>12309789
Okay the stuff I linked actually made the redness of my acne a lot lighter. Actually made my whoke face less red. I have yet to see if it stops giving me more pimples though.
>>
>>12308854
help me out goons
>>
Anyone try out some of Lush's face products like their exfoliators?
>>
File: 1348721661885.png (184KB, 376x505px) Image search: [Google]
1348721661885.png
184KB, 376x505px
Going to sound stupid, but what hygiene routines do you have for your eyes and eyebrows? I used to think ears didn't need anything until I started looking at other men and seeing disgusting dark hairs coming from their ears and noticed rank shit forming behind my ears. Now I pluck my ears and get my gf to also pluck them (I do it first so I don't look like a complete animal)

I'm trying to make a list for every body part of little things to do.
>>
>>12301014
You can't open nor close pores.
>>
File: 1489288433070.jpg (1MB, 1521x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1489288433070.jpg
1MB, 1521x1175px
been on accutane twice and each time has made my eyes have pretty dark circles and get kind of scaley. anyone ever had this and found a way to fix it?
also is laser my only option to get rid of acne scars, accutane stopped the acne but scars have been here for years
>>
>>12306646
https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

Do not use nose strips to remove what's in your pores, you will stretch them and they will become bigger and more noticeable.
>>
>>12309373
Don't know how much SA would work since it needs to be left on the skin to become effective, not going to do much if you just wash it off. Look into gentler body washes, something pH balanced and not too drying (no sulfates), because it can ruin the moisture barrier of your skin, really depends how often you shower and how dry you are making your skin. If your skin gets really dry it produces more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture, also if you're ruining your skins protective barrier it can leave your skin vulnerable and prone to breakouts.

I used to shower then go to bed, then the next day I woke up I had painful cysts sometimes, even though I had clean sheets/ pillow cases/ shirt etc.
That was my experience that could be the same for you?
>>
Anybody try The Ordinary line by DECIEM?
It's a line of serums that are pretty affordable compared to other serums on the market. The most noticeable serums are the retinol ones, considering it's a high end ingredient that costs a lot and you would have to buy over the counter.

Thinking about buying a few of their products soon.
>>
How can I safely get rid of blackheads, particularly on the nose. I dont have an established regiment or anything but im looking for tips
>>
>>12311881
They're expensive because the bottles are sample sizes
>>
>>12301509
if it's just "marks" like darker areas of scars, mederma will work wonders (in my opinion). like results in a week for me...

the other methods are probably more effective but certainly more expensive... lasers, peels...microdermabrasion is another term ive heard

no experience mysself
>>
File: serveimage (1).jpg (90KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).jpg
90KB, 800x800px
Why is my skin so bad? I don't have any acne and my acne scarring is minimal. I don't have any wrinkles. My skin is just kind of... I don't know, leathery? But also greasy. It has a shitty rotten tone and doesn't look smooth.

What should I do?

I wash my face with water every time I finish in the toilet.
And I bought a big tub of sunscreen with Vitamin E. I'm gonna start using that every day.

Anything else?
>>
>>12311967
Well they are serums, a few drops is enough for your whole face, and being 30ml is quite a lot, I think anyway.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-30-19-32-05.png (999KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-30-19-32-05.png
999KB, 1920x1080px
Sup /fa/ggots, not sure if this has been covered yet.
I have a problem with flaky skin on my face and hairline. I wash with body wash as I've read that soap is bad mmkay, but no matter how much I wash and use moisturizer, mainly nivea for men, it still happens. Bot so much lately but a little bit. Talked to my barber about the dandruff and he said dont bother using head and shoulders, just regular shampoo works. Can anyone help me out here? Cheers mates!
>>
File: 5915616584869841.jpg (15KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
5915616584869841.jpg
15KB, 355x355px
Can sunscreen clog pores and give me pimples? Or make my skin oily?

I want to try pic related, is it a good choice?
>>
>>12312160
Don't know about the former but I heard it's not really oily and sticky like most American/western sunscreens and it simply absorbs in your skin. May need to reapply if you go out frequently under the sun though.
>>
>>12312160
nvm just read this post from OP:

http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/wear-sunscreen-right.html#.WMZkK9KGPIU

>Virtually all UV filters are oil soluble, which means they are not removed by water. To completely remove sunscreen, it’s best to use an oil-based cleanser (milky/cream type cleansers or cleansing oils) or some kind of makeup remover that can remove waterproof actives.

>Just like how you should wash off any makeup before going to bed, you should remove sunscreen before going to sleep. This will prevent any unnecessary irritation and clogged pores that the sunscreen may cause.

etc.
>>
>>12311881
I did! I have purchased quite a few.
I have a fairly dry skin but due to hormones I had been breaking out a lot.
I got clear skin in a month using them.

>Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
I like it, really helps reducing breakouts when I get them. I cannot apply it to my whole face because otherwise it feels like sahara, but.
>Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
Good, but not exceptional.
>100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
Can't even explain how much I love it. I use it every night and it makes my skin feel extra soft. I didn't break out from it, which is rare for me with oils.
>Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
I like it. It's really thick, but I like it.
>High-Spreadability Fluid Primer
Probably the best primer I've ever used.
>Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
Cleared up my skin LOTS. My dischromia disappeared. I had a break out when I started using it and it didn't leave marks.

Vitamin C makes my skin too irritated, so I haven't tried their products.
>>
File: mizon.jpg (87KB, 690x680px) Image search: [Google]
mizon.jpg
87KB, 690x680px
>>12308854
pic related or any snail cream tb h, but that is if the redness was caused by acne.
>>
>>12312200
Did you try the minzon snail cream? I've been wanting to buy it forever.
>>
What do you use to moisturise your body, /fa/?

>>12299949
Rosehip seed oil has been helping me with my hyperpigmentation.
>>
>mixed oily skin, only T-zone

Is the Cetaphil Gentle Skin a good face wash or is the Cetaphil Face Wash superior?
>>
Is this sunscreen any good?
It's super convenient to find.
>>
>>12311866
My face always feels really oily. I actually used to use gentle skin cleaner while having a shower and then the day after it'd get cysts in the bits of my skin I didn't wipe or clean hard enough with a towel (leaving bits of skin cleaner on my face). That's when I got the cycsts.

The stuff that I bought makes my face dry, but soft, also makes it stiff. Which I'm not sure is a problem.

I feel as if my face is too oily and putting moisturiser on will make pimples (it's what happened when my sister told me to moisturise for 2 consecutive days).

If I have a cyst-like thing tomorrow I will know not to use it.

Then again I haven't showered for 2 days due to being at a friends house and I thought it were to be weird having a shower at his.
>>
>>12301509
Sudocrem
>>
redpill me on muji skin products please. Are they worth it?? Also why the fuck is it so hard to buy muji products online without having to pay around 40 euro just for delivery charge unless you live in Uk..Fuck
>>
>>12303122
But it does help with acne.
I only use it when I have really bad pimples/acne and it cures it super fast.
At least give it a try.
>>
>>12312200
you had me at snail cream
>>
how bad of an idea is doing accutane over the summer? I have a 3 month summer holiday off Uni and could hopefully do it over the summer
>>
should i wait till im out of college for the summer to start accutane?
>>
File: il_570xN.543511148_rh8g.jpg (21KB, 570x405px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.543511148_rh8g.jpg
21KB, 570x405px
>>12305816
>Roman oil cleanse method.
This is interesting to me. Has anyone here tried this? It seems like a next level no-poo.
>>
File: 129518235553.png (92KB, 598x682px) Image search: [Google]
129518235553.png
92KB, 598x682px
>born with green eyes, curly light-brown/caramel hair, square face/maxilar, /fit/, did some model books util 16 yo
>acnes vulgaris grade 4

My father had it, but i never knew when it would came. My life was arruined. I did a treatment with Isotretinoin, but it only worked while i was taking the meds (but after that treatment, i've never had acne in my back). 2 years later the treatment, the acne is returning stronger than ever in my face (nothing in my back, thank lord). Is it worth do do a second Isotretinoin (the most famous brand in my country is Roacutan, not Accutane) treatment? Is it risky? I'm /fit/faf, I go to the gym everyday. I'm going to need to stop my fitness routine? I remember almost killing myself in the first month of treatment with Roacutan, so...

Tetralysal didn't work, btw.
>>
spent two weeks in Arizona. my skin cleared up a shit load in this time.

what's the best way to keep this going in Ohio where the sun is nonexistent currently?
>>
>>12312442
If it's stiff it's probably really dry and needs hydration, if it's really dry it's going to produce more oil. I'd look into a leave on Salicyic Acid, because that's what's going to help with pimples, I'm not sure what the underlying problem would be though. I like Stridex, but many people find it to dry out their skin, but I moisturize 20 minutes after. You might want to look at your lifestyle, such as what you put into your body, getting enough vitamin d, sweat helps to clean out what's inside your pores etc.
>>
File: astra superior platinum blades.jpg (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
astra superior platinum blades.jpg
19KB, 600x600px
>>12303064
DE blades cost less than cartridge blades.
Buy a decent DE razor and some Astra blades and see if you like it
>>
File: 1455393173743.jpg (20KB, 259x253px) Image search: [Google]
1455393173743.jpg
20KB, 259x253px
how do i stop touching my face
>>
File: IMAG0699_noexif.jpg (468KB, 1088x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0699_noexif.jpg
468KB, 1088x1920px
Acne finally slowing down, I'm very worried it's affected my chances of growing a beard. I'm 19, /fa/ is there hope?
>>
>>12314005
Buy Merkur. They are made in Solingen, Germany. Astra blades are made in Russia. Everything else is chinkshit or worse.
>>
>>12313919
>My father had it
Well he seemed to deal with it then. Grow a dick.
>>
>>12314437
i don't think it has anything to do with it, as far as facial hair goes you are likely fucked, but you'll know for sure in 5 years. if you don't have a brother with facial hair or a dad with it you're likely boned. just my experience
>>
>>12314465
my brother has a full beard so i'm hopeful, although my father is textbook male pattern bald with shit-tier beard so I might be fucked
>>
Hi,
For the last couple of years every few months i try to use some kind of product, everytime its a new one, only exfoliating every few days and using a face wash and moisteriser a couple of times a day

but every single time, even with different products i get pimples for a little bit then i stop using products and they go away, (i dont useally get any pimples on my face)
my question is am i fucked, can i just not ever use products? or am i using the wrong kind of ones? im 20 btw
thanks
>>
Got one of the Lush fresh cleansers. How often should I be using this roughly? Is it worth doing under the neck as well? What should I be looking for to know it is working well?
>>
>>12315607
>Lush
>How often should I be using this roughly?

You shouldn't.
>>
>>12303064
DE takes longer, saves money and reduces waste. But I think the shave is higher quality. If it sounds like a good idea to you then it's cheap enough to buy a starter set. Watch geofatboy's tutorials on YouTube.
>>12314005
>>12314448
blades are pretty subjective. while it is true many are made in Russia that doesn't mean they're bad. I recommend buying a sampler pack of blades from a retailer, ebay or tryablade.

I am finding the Greek made BIC to be a good alternative to the Turkish made Derby.
> tfw no british made blades
>>
>>12315684
oh and also the Israeli made blades come pretty highly rated. You can get unbranded Israeli blades from Tesco and Boots if you can't find the Personna brand.
>>
File: Mastic 01.jpg (852KB, 852x1278px) Image search: [Google]
Mastic 01.jpg
852KB, 852x1278px
Can somebody redpill me on Mastic gum for facial gains? What are the good brands, how do you use them etc
>>
>>12315708
To clarify things I intend to use this for a more prominent jaw
>>
File: WaterGlass.jpg (6KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
WaterGlass.jpg
6KB, 269x188px
I cannot stress enough how important water is. If you think you're drinking enough now, double that. and when you've gotten used to that amount, double that again. Water is love, Water is life.
>>
How do I get rid of blemishes on my body?
>>
>>12312262
Can someone answer this please? ...
>>
File: IMG_2824.jpg (151KB, 1299x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2824.jpg
151KB, 1299x750px
Mornin routine:
Gell acne cleanser
Cucumber toner
Iris essence
Hydroplump serum
AP serum
Ultra facial cream

Night routine:
Oil cleanser
Cucumber toner
Iris essence
Hydroplump serum
AP serum
Night oil
PV skin renewing cream

And I do my micro derm and a few masques around 3 days a week.
The free stuff and discounts I get from my job sure help keeping my skin look effay :')
>>
>>12315916

Are you a yuppie serial killer?
>>
>>12315932
I wish. But I'm J ust an anon with a job in skin care
>>
>>12298443

Do teeth-whitening toothpastes work, and is teeth whitening in general bad for your teeth?

My teeth are ok, nobody really notices but they're definately yellow.
>>
>>12301558
Just be aware that the carbonation leaches calcium from your bones.
>>
>>12303037
I hope it'll work for me, I'm visiting derm tomorrow and I hope he prescribes me it.
>>
>>12315708
>lookism
Brand doesn't really matter just buy whatever mastic gum from amazon. Soften in your mouth and chew for one hour a day, everyday.
This compensates for modern soft food diet. Mastic gum is also like 3x harder workout than falim gum, I've used both. Combine this with mewing and proper swallowing and you're golden
>>
>>12316079
thanks anon
>>
>>12316079
how to swallow properly? especially while mewing
>>
>>12308854
Use sunscreen everyday even on overcast days.

Looks like rosacea. You can get some ointments that kill the bacteria/mite growth that add to redness

You also might be allergic to something. My uncle looks like that when he eats chocolate but no other time.
>>
>>12309794
what specific moisturizers do you use and what climate do you live in? Do you have acne? Not enough detail to give advice
>>
>>12310085
go to the dermatologist and ask for accutane.
>>
>>12311520
their lip exfoliator is good for chapped lips but I wouldn't do face exfoliation. make it more red/aggravated if you have acne.
>>
>>12311848
Accutane completer as well. I started using sunscreen everyday in the morning on years old scars and they have faded immensely. Great for ppl who can't afford to keep going into the doc...

not sure on eye circles. maybe accutane's dehydration/drying out effects also dried out your eyes. try a nightly moisturizer and if that doesn't work, derms do fillers (but $ and plastic surgery)
>>
>>12311892
do not use white strips
clean your face every night with a low pH moisturizer
blackheads may respond well to topical skin treatments.
>>
>>12312014
Don't overwash your face. Could really be adding to the drying effect.

Wash your face twice a day MAX. Since you don't have acne I would recommend once before you go to bed.

Moisturize at night and apply sunscreen every day. Be consistent with care.
>>
>>12312155
https://www.amazon.com/Selsun-Blue-Dandruff-Shampoo-Moisturizing/dp/B001TSNM34 try this instead of head and shoulders.

Flaky skin on face sounds like a drying issue. Try a nightly moisturizer. People like cetaphil, aveeno, ect. Don't pick and don't overwash your face.
>>
>>12313919
Dude get tested by a doctor you might have a hormone imbalance or something.

Other ideas might be something from the environment... allergies, likely. Switch your laundry detergent to unscented. change pillowcase every 2-3 days.
>>
>>12313922
tanning booth
>>
>>12316257
>>12316233
These vids are pretty much all you need to understand it. Practice proper posture while you mew so breathing is easiest. When you swallow, swallow with focus on maxilla as he explains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNqbvOALZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKpQ5Aq4UjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9OqEd5z1k
>>
>wiki claims drinking water and eating different food will help your acne
this should be removed, it's completely false.
>>
>>12316260
thanks for the tip. do you think this sunscreen would work well? http://www.dermstore.com/product_Solbar+Zinc+SPF+38_993.htm?gclid=CjwKEAjwqZ7GBRC1srKSv9TV_iwSJADKTjaDIx6blrjg1a5gS3CqqpC6UJcziVcWpzsvxXwClqeZhhoC9TDw_wcB&scid=scplp993&sc_intid=993&utm_source=fro&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_term=Skin+Care&utm_campaign=100062
>>
Avoid sugar.

Use distilled witch hazel and cotton wool for your face with a good moisturiser.

Sleep.
>>
>>12316933
Diet has no effect on acne.

Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>12316956
>what you put in your body has no physical effect on your body
>>
>>12316956
My skin is real good until I eat sugar, all I'm saying.

In any case, sleep and witch hazel do wonders for people with "normal/average" skin.

Acne I have no clue about as I've luckily not had to deal with it and i'm sure normal rules do not apply for it.
>>
>>12313940
But the acne wash has Salicyic Acid in it?
>>
Does anti-aging lotions help even skin tone?
>>
>>12316996
Again, it's not going to do that much because it'll be washed off. Might still something but your better off with something that's left on, such as Stridex.
>>
>>12317840
Okay, thanks. Sounds like a plan, Jan
>>
>Went through alopecia for a while, mostly grown back from effected areas on my head
>it's been moving to my body
>want to speed up the process

Anyone know any decent natural remedies for this? A quick search online yielded a remedy made out of turmeric, water and flour (flour only for thicker areas). Anyone tried this before?
>>
I am sorry, forgot to check the thread.

>>12310157
Nope, always did cold showers.

>>12316266
I have a bunch and I alternate them.
I have:
>Klairs, Rich moist soothing cream
>Aesop, Primrose moisturiser
>Benton, Snail-bee steam cream
I also use rosehip oil at night.
Other than this I use hydrating toner, low pH cleanser and an oil make up remover.

I don't have acne. I used to, but my skin cleared out over the last 6 months.

I live in a pretty humid, continental weather.
>>
I've been told that using a sun bed helps treat acne.

Is this true?
>>
File: neck.jpg (15KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
neck.jpg
15KB, 480x380px
What does /effay/ use to clean the neck? Face or body? Do you moisturize it?
>>
>>12318443
meant to type "face or body wash"*
>>
I use Nivea Revitalizing Creme Q10 for men,
and I also have the same formula as a creme for the skin around the eyes which reduces eye bags, tiny wrinkles and all that. it also explains that it both covers the sunscreen aspect.

but I do wonder, what more should I use to complete my skincare routine? I just got into it recently and those cremes I actually bought ages ago and so I just use them up now.
>>
>>12318443

Facial cleanser.
>>
>>12299966
Not him, but my skin is really red and inflamed without much actual acne. It's not sunburn though.
>>12300307
Most derms I've talked to have told me that the only food product consistent in almost everyone for dairy, so only you can tell if coffee affects your skin.
>>
I think my exfoliator is giving me tiny bumps. I'm using the Stridex recommended in the wiki, is there something else I could use that's easier on the skin? Currently Using Cetaphil for cleansing and moisturizing.
>>
>>12319945
If anything were to give you bumps it would be the moisturizer over an exfoliator such as a BHA like Stridex. I've never heard of it giving people bumps, but consider what else you're using in your skincare routine.
>>
File: IMG_20170316_023638.jpg (3MB, 3488x3488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170316_023638.jpg
3MB, 3488x3488px
I have small, very fine hairs coming out of the sides of my nose and on the cheek/skin on either side of my nose.
Also, I have black little dots that go around the point of my nose.

I know these aren't good for me, but they are a temporary solution.

What can I do to absolve them completely?
>>
>>12320028
I never thought it could be my moisturizer. I figured it was my exfoliator since it was the only harsh thing I was using compared to the Cetaphil products (Gentle Skin Cleaner and Moisturizing Cream).

I've been contemplating switching to something that doesn't leave my face so oily the morning after but I figured the tiny bumps had no correlation to shinny skin. Thoughts?
>>
>>12320294
>What can I do to absolve them completely?

Nothing
>>
>"oh, a skin thread, let's just have a quick lo-"
>order £60 of skincare products

I'm not even sure what a toner is. But so long as I follow the FAQ I'll get clean skin, right?
>>
>>12321132
the single most important things you can do for your skin is free (you can actually save money from doing it):

- abstain from dairy products
- abstain from high GI/GI load foods
- stay out of the sun

if you have some kind of acne or blackheads, you can consider applications 1-2 times daily of something containing salicylic acid, any AHA, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids, or antibiotics. daily cleansing is recommended, but not as essential.

then sunscreen (optionally moisturizer and retin-a) to prevent skin aging.

s i m p l e
>>
>>12303107
nigga did you cut out dairy or not
>>
Whats the best face wash guys
>>
I need some cheap moisturizer for oily skin.
I have sum acne and lots of scars.
>>
>>12321214
Available in EU btw.
>>
>>12308873
They're lying to you, Karen
>>
>>12312160
I have it and it's pretty great! I've heard Biore makes one of the best cheap sunscreens so yeah. I originally found out from my friend who had been a long time user of it. It's really light and it almost feels like a moisturizer.
>>
>>12315949
What's your job like? Does this mean you get free skincare?
>>
>>12321277
Aren't most mosturizers with suncreen included nowadays? Isn't it the same shit basically?
>>
>>12321288
He/she seems to be a Kiehl's Customer Representative (KCR). That's a fancier term for Kiehl's skincare product salesperson. They are generally make-up artists or skincare therapists, but can also be neither.

They are educated (imo indoctrinated) by the company (L'Oreal) about the products, and can buy them 20-40% off depending on where they work.

They also get freebies on new products, in order for them to get accompanied with the products to help them sell better.
>>
>>12314437

Your beard will probably get better in the coming years. I was more or less like you at that age and now I have a decent beard. You'll probably never get one of those thick dense woodcutter beards though.
>>
>>12298443
So I've been following the routine specified, but my face has been turning red and I've started to break out on my forehead and nose now.

I use three times per week a charcoal scrub. I use a cetaphil cleanser in the shower. I finish it up by applying a alcohol-free 1% a-something another acid astringent that contains witch-hazel, and I finish it up with a cetaphil moisturizer and SPF for oil control.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>12314481
Male pattern baldness and beard growth are two different things. If there's a good amount of people on your dad's side that have any sort of healthy beard growth, then you might be in luck. You'll just need to wait and see. It took a while for stuff like my connectors to grow in (started to come in around 25).
>>
>>12321781
witch hazel can be a bit too drying for the skin.
also scrub your face less often.

experiment a bit and find what works for you.
>>
Tfw blessed with olive skin which is perfectly healthy. Sometimes, god is good.
>>
>>12320294
>hair on nose
don't fucking touch them bro. trust me, you don't want that shit growing back. just leave them as they are.
>>
>>12299949
Silicone sheeting
>>
>>12321288
The other anon is pretty spot on. I work as a salesperson for Kiehl's. We get very good discounts on the products and any new products we also get for free to try out.
>>
File: tumblr_o4c4ttqwEq1rao536o1_540.gif (2MB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4c4ttqwEq1rao536o1_540.gif
2MB, 540x230px
>>12318443
do everything you do for your face.
>>
File: pp.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>12321212
>>
>p 10
>>
>>12321781
Every person reacts differently to different products.
I used to break up for every product and what I did was just going 3 weeks without using anything but a moisturiser, and then introducing products slowly. Whenever something made me break out, I stopped using it.

In 6 months I got a perfect skin and I have now a drawer of products I love and can use according to my needs.
>>
File: XrtWcU0_zOk.jpg (31KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
XrtWcU0_zOk.jpg
31KB, 400x323px
Anyone try naturally lightening their skin? I've spent too much time in the sun over the years. I'm afraid I'm going to start looking like an indian if I don't do something. What have you guys done to get a lighter skintone?
>>
>>12324855
sunscreen + minimum exposure to the sun
I forgot to wear sunscreen yesterday and stayed in the sun, my arms look like toast.
maybe vitamin C serums
>>
>>12308854
cold showers nia
>>
>>12307633
i've had eczema on pretty much my whole body my whole life. it's kind of under control now.

exfoliation is a weird thing where you need to do it to actually penetrate the skin under the gross shit, but it can irritate you even more. play around with frequency controlling for everything else and see if every other day works.

i exfoliate every other day right now with lush's "angels on bare skin" face wash (lush is probably trash but this stuff works for some reason? not gonna question it), use cerave foaming cleanser daily, and then follow up paula's choice recovery serum and cerave moisturizer.
depending on the season, i'll put some vaseline on my lips/eyelids before leaving the house or aveeno protect+hydrate sunscreen.

can't recommend the serum enough though, it clears up my patches, healed over some of the scarring i've got and reduced the fine lines i'm getting around my eyes from all the flare ups i get on my eyelids
>>
File: IMG_20170318_163755.jpg (2MB, 5120x3794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_163755.jpg
2MB, 5120x3794px
Got those red marks on my right calf a couple months ago and they thought they'd disappear but they didn't.
They never hurt or anything just appeared randomly.
What are these and what do?
>>
>>12324855
Why would you want that? Pale skin is incredibly unflattering espec if you have dark features.
>>
>>12326362
from the thumbnail I thought that was an armpit

Apply lotion and go outside
>>
>>12326379
I disagree. Pale skin is very effay in my eyes although that's not what I'm trying to get. My skin tone is very uneven. My face is lighter than my whole body. My neck and arms are pretty badly tanned and my feet are pale white. I just want to get one or two shades lighter to kinda fade this uneven tan away.
>>
>>12326409
what kind of lotion?
by outside you mean in the sun or?
>>
>>12326379
Definitely disagree. Pale skin is gorgeous, especially on guys with dark hair.
One of the most attractive guys I've ever seen had green eyes, black hair and very pale skin and he looked amazing. Tan looks cheap as hell.
>>
What causes jawline acne? I have dispersed acne everywhere but it's concentrated pretty badly below my jaw on the sides.

Also, what are some good cleansers for oily and sensitive skin? I have CeraVe foaming cleanser, but it causes me to break out if I use it daily or twice a day, even with moisturizer.
>>
>>12298443
I can't be sure its not just in my head but I think I have dark rings under my eyes. Could just be natural shadow from being under non-natural lighting but in any case what to do about puffy/dark bags?
>>
File: dubs.jpg (268KB, 736x721px) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
268KB, 736x721px
>>12298443
I've got this weird problem with what appears to be blackheads on my chest. I also have terrible pores on my t-zone on my face. Is there a one size fits all solution here or do I treat the two areas of skin differently?
>>
Rec me a good loofah please
>>
>>12327310
American Psycho & Christian Bale
>>
HOW DO I GET RID OF PEELING SKIN THIS FUCKING MOISTURIZER DOESN'T DO SHIT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: Capture.png (185KB, 310x332px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
185KB, 310x332px
How can i get these in Australia without the shipping costing me like $10+
>>
>>12327565
pumice stone
>>
>>12327565
On the face? Exfoliate. You can use a brush, a cloth or a scrub (my favourite is the Vitamin C scrub by the body shop).
>>
>>12326863
Please reply
>>
File: How-to-Get-Rid-of-Rosy-Cheeks.jpg (6KB, 225x220px) Image search: [Google]
How-to-Get-Rid-of-Rosy-Cheeks.jpg
6KB, 225x220px
I posted a separate thread about this but I was heavily scolded for that, so I will post this here.

My cheeks are naturally rosy, somewhat similarly to the related pic (I'm male, though), and in combination with the overall poor look of my skin and face, it makes me feel unattractive. I am interested to find out if I would look better if my face wasn't so red, so I was wondering if any of you guys have tried anything to diminish the natural rosiness.

tl;dr is there a good way to get rid of rosy cheeks for males?
>>
>>12328977
a short reply has been posted in your original thread
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.