[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /fa/. I have a question about what's acceptable in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hey, /fa/. I have a question about what's acceptable in public. I'm going to a grad school visiting day, and I've got pretty long hair for a dude and I want to be nice to these people, make 'em feel comfortable and stuff, instead of being the typical field-jacket-wearing, slouching, eyes-to-ground, hair-in-face, wastoid that I am. So along with ditching the jacket (to be replaced by whatever I can find at Goodwill [or failing that, Target] tonight that seems nice), I was thinking a hat and I put the hair through the back of it (I also considered a ponytail, but then I would have to acquire some sort of hair tie, as I don't believe a rubber band will cut it this time), which struck me as a standard, slightly more formal, long-hair look. However, last week when I employed this technique as an impromptu disguise to hide my identity from a liquor store employee with whom I have a history, my roommate made fun of me by telling me that he supports my decision to transition.

So, my question, is the hair through the back of a hair a female-only thing in Western society? I sort of see where he's coming from, but I'm not sure. Additionally, any other tips on looking like a functioning human being while still maintaining long hair is appreciated.

pic related its jeff bridge
>>
File: 1463462424252.jpg (17KB, 214x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463462424252.jpg
17KB, 214x300px
>>12296970
I don't know what your roommate is on about, I don't see how doing that is any more or less effeminate than having long hair in the first place

Just go to Rite Aid and buy a black hair tie and do a ponytail, man buns are meme now
>>
>>12297285
good stuff thank you obama maybe i will snag a hair tie from my sis she probably has mad ties
>>
just don't go OP you are insufferable

if you want to be polite don't expose others to your autism
>>
>>12297296
update: she had mad ties
>>12297300
Nice dubs, but it's too late; once you accept a visiting day invite you can't just cancel. The physics community at large would be shocked.
>>
Is this the face of autism? Get a cut and learn some facial reckognition my main dude!
>>
>>12298464
no deal my friend, the hair stays on
>>
>>12296970
hair through hats looks bad on any of the thousands of genders

just... go there with your hair

if you are honestly ashamed of your hair, cut it off. If you're not ashamed of your hair, wear it proudly. Doing something in between is going to make everyone feel awkward.
>>
post your face dude blur out your eyes and stuff if you dont want ppl to judge you, but we gotta see what we're working with to really help.
>>
File: hairs.jpg (158KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
hairs.jpg
158KB, 2000x1333px
>>12296970
What this guy >>12298906 said. We need something to work with.
If nothing else, you could do something like pic related where just the top part is pulled back, although I'd just put it in a ponytail rather than a bun tBh
>>
>>12298850
I think it looks kinda hot on chicks, though. That's what sort of reinforced what my friend was saying to me, and is part of why I wasn't sure about it.
I'm not ashamed of my hair, I just thought that I look kinda non-approachable in general and I wanted a sort of "nicer" look for the day so that they feel better about their decision to accept me and are more comfortable meeting with me. Also, as sort of a test run for the look in general, since it's probably what I'd wear when I'm TAing, since I don't want to off-put any students that might not feel as comfortable asking me for advice and help with stuff.
>>12298906
>>12298927
I actually already went there today; went with the pony-tail through back of the hat and didn't get any weird looks, so I guess it works. I asked my sister and she said that I looked like a functioning human being, also, so I am feeling pretty good about it, overall.

Never considered a bun, btw; I don't really get them at all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.