[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was a teen I had this irrational fear from seeing sneakers+suit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: vanzwithtux.jpg (183KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
vanzwithtux.jpg
183KB, 864x576px
When I was a teen I had this irrational fear from seeing sneakers+suit that our generation would be the one to completely ruin formal-wear starting with the Chads adopting this "style" then growing up and making their employees of their father's company wear vans or converse only with a suit.

Did anyone else fucking hate this look?
>>
>>12287871
Never seen it b4 but it looks terrible
>>
>>12287871
its an autistic look but your ungrounded fear about it is even more autistic
>>
>>12287879
>>12287883
Half the dudes at my school dances did this including the homecoming king and class president.
>>
>>12287891
wait 6 months after youve graduated highschool and youll realize that no on does this except highschool seniors, who have been doing this since before your mom bought you black ops II for your 13th birthday
>>
When I was like 10 I saw an episode of 4 Weddings (a British reality show in which 4 people compare weddings) where a young couple was getting married and to "keep it chill" the whole wedding party, groomsmen and bridesmaids, wore high top Converse with their formal suits and dresses and I have never forgotten this.
>>
Id rather walk comfy you autists
>>
>>12287871
Living in a big city I can confirm that grown ass business men wear tailored suits+sneakers. Not always as cringy as the OP but pretty damn close. I'm with you anon, shits disgusting.
>>
>>12289470
This is because they carry around a pair of dress shoes for the office and a pair of sneakers when walking on the streets for comfort
>>
>>12289470
Nope, they just wear sneakers all day. I used to work at a Starbucks that was in the lobby of an office building and saw the same people everyday. Even with tons of money some of these people still managed to look like shit in a suit.
>>
Read an article awhile back that said this along with tattoos and piercings are becoming acceptable in the workplace.

Shit I worked at a Mcdonalds 10 years ago and we weren't even allowed to wear flashy sneakers there. If you wore sneakers they had to be all or mostly black. This was the case with most fastfood and other establisments.

Now I go into places and employees are wearing sneakers of any color, popular brands.
>>
>>12289970
Most people have no idea of how to dress in a setting like that, millennials are fucking idiots and it's like all the world's knowledge predating the 00s is lost on us. I don't understand how a younger generation could be dumber than their parenta but hey...

All this ironic unique in the business place shit needs to stop. I mean you see fuckinh script-monkey yuppies wearing dumb shit like bowties and try to dress to the nines for some mundane "office job" they think puts them above the rest. Business casual is the worst thing to happen in years. It's so refreshing to just see a guy in a dress shirt, normal tie and some slacks, or a woman in a normal
pants suit or even skirt suit, it's usually older people though.

Everyone between the age of 25-35 still
thinks the Urban Outfitters Hipster 2009 huge needless scarf thing still looks good.
>>
thank god
i hope it dies very soon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.