[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't really know where else do take this thread Basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: footsy-fest 2013.jpg (65KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
footsy-fest 2013.jpg
65KB, 600x451px
Didn't really know where else do take this thread

Basically looking for input on /fa/ man cave items or themes.

Long story short, I kept the house in the divorce and it's still got "married couple" written all over it. The only things I have from my past man caves scream "high school adolescence", so I'm just looking to refine my home. Nothing grandeur, but something interesting and classy.

I've always liked band posters, but my music tastes have changed, and I think posters are a little cheap, would canvas prints be cool of say Tom Waits, maybe even a classy Bowie?

I'll post pics of the larger things I've done to masculine up my home, but I'm somewhat out of ideas.

The only things I haven't gotten to that I know I'm going to be doing is wrapping my hearth in a natural edge slab of walnut and making some sort of booze bar for a nook in my "hallway".

My hobbies don't lend themselves easily to home decor, video games are certainly a no, firearms are hick as fuck, wood working and drinking works and I've got a couple walls of vinyl albums.
>>
>>12275464
Stripper poles
>>
File: 20160830_115608.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160830_115608.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Here's the coffee table I made, old couch is gone since this pic.

Pupper is still around

>>12275469
I said classy...
>>
File: 20170223_185540.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_185540.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Dining room table I finished last week (took 4 people to move that heavy bastard...), benches are almost done, that's a pretty dope ammo crate turned dog food station in the back.

Looking for input, thanks guys.
>>
File: 111.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Here's the pic I was thinking for the Waits canvas.
>>
Bumping.

To off-topic?
>>
>>12275614
Id try in /diy/
>>
>>12275464
Wainscoting in cherry or walnut

Dedicated library rooms are always classy, do that or a study with the book if you don't have that many, one or the other is a given unless you're a pleb who doesn't read

Cellaret with brandy and whisky on a side table, optionally other shit but liqueurs are a bit gay

Big heavy chairs in leather or dark upholstery

Don't do what the ignorant faggot in your OP pic does and have a wine collection where the bottles are constantly lit, there's AFAIK no solid science on this but those in the know worry about high amounts of light affecting the contents of bottles so the best practice is to keep the wine cellar dark if possible, not deliberately light it up

Actual paintings or repros of paintings recommended, not posters unless they're art nouveau era

Your other pics have a really rustic type of woodwork going on so t b h I'd maybe not worry about firearms or anything else being "hick as fuck", you gotta get rid of that old-lady rug, tho
>>
>>12275951
Man I thought this died in the night, thanks for the input though senpai. I never thought of doing a wainscot and certainly have never seen any outside of white. I'm absolutely looking into that.

I've got a couple spare bedrooms and one is kind of a catch all at the moment, turning it into a study could certainly work. I wish I had more books, I recently got into it as odd as that sounds so my collection is growing.
>>
>>12275464
>mancave
lmao
>>
>>12275464
Don't get stuff printed on canvas. Honestly it's the most tacky looking presentation medium for art work unless someone has painted onto it. A high quality photo print or poster in a well matched frame with a mount looks infinitely better.

Don't go with canvas printing. Cheap and ugly.
>>
>>12275464
thumbnail looks like the bridge from a new Star Trek series
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.