[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about getting dreads for the first time, more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: neglect_dreads.jpg (1MB, 3296x2472px) Image search: [Google]
neglect_dreads.jpg
1MB, 3296x2472px
I'm thinking about getting dreads for the first time, more than likely natural (neglect) style. Anyone have any advice/tips? Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 358x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 358x365px
>neglect style
>>
if you're not black, your dreads are really just matted hair and that's gross
>>
if you're not black don't do it

this is the one thing everyone from actual nazis to black activists can agree on. listen to the consensus, please.
>>
>>12245465
neglect doesnt work
wash your hair
>>12245477
>>12245478
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>12245477
>>12245478
dreads are apart of cultures worldwide of literally all races
>>
>>12245480
they look ugly on you,
stupid white boy
>>
File: 1487248505960.jpg (94KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
1487248505960.jpg
94KB, 640x716px
>>12245484
I have a shaved head my melanin enriched friend
>>
File: 3948620918_11437331af_b.jpg (337KB, 1024x844px) Image search: [Google]
3948620918_11437331af_b.jpg
337KB, 1024x844px
>>12245480
quote:
>everyone from actual nazis to black activists can agree

what kind of white person likes dreadlocks? really. ive never met anyone who thinks they look good.

i'd rather be the ass slave of some douche who drives a lifted truck with truck nuts than be in the company of a white fag with dreadlocks for more than 10 minutes

literally EVERYONE thinks they look like shit. listen to everyone
>>
>>12245494
I've met a few people with them, looks decent sometimes. I've seen white people who suit them and black people who don't. I used to know a korean girl who looked really cute with them.
I don't hold any hairstyle on some sacred cultural pedestal and neither should you, it's kind of pathetic.
>>
>>12245480
>>12245482
that's not what i'm saying
for any nonblack person to get dreads, you have to purposely make your hair matted
and matted hair is disgusting, regardless of texture, regardless if you're white or black
it's just gross as fuck

but also, the non black cultures who had "dreads" had long, matted hair, not locks
it's different
>>
>>12245502
>have you MET every white person with dreadlocks???
sorry you sound like youre the one who belongs on tumblr.

i tlooks like _ABSOLUTE_SHIT_

think about why I care so much. I don't even care about you personally, I would love for you to humiliate yourself just by leaving the house. but its an offense against beauty itself. i'm mad it even exists.

you realize 100% of people think it looks bad right? its not an arbitrary line people draw that you're transgressing. you're not pushing boundaries. it just looks REALLY bad on white people.

whites are blessed with great hair anyway. embrace it. dont fuck it up because you want to be unique
>>
>>12245506
What do you think black dreads are?
It's all matted hair, black people's hair just matts easier because of its texture.
Black people can have other styles that people confuse for dreads that look similar, like two strand twists. But actual dreads, regardless of race, is a controlled matting process.
>>
>>12245512
Go blog about your holy opinion on your tumblr you trigged SJW faggot
Read a book you fucking mongoloid, "100% of people" aren't your personal zeitgeist
>>
>>12245513
>a controlled matting process
to an extent
black people have different textured hair
i cant think of it off the top of my head, but one of those textures can actually develop as dreads through a combination of matting and braiding
not that large of the population of black people have this texture, and that's why some people can actually naturally grow dreads
the others have to matte their hair to achieve it
>>
>>12245521
After a certain extent it's the same for caucasian hair types also, it's just harder to start off in straighter hair types because the hair doesn't naturally cling together, so you have to do stuff like backcomb it. Once it's matted up, it will grow into dreadlocks naturally
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.