[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i develop a style? This is a photo from a few years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: how do i get fa.png (372KB, 310x702px) Image search: [Google]
how do i get fa.png
372KB, 310x702px
How do i develop a style?

This is a photo from a few years ago and it's how I usually dress. Work a job now that's business casual, but I really don't feel like I have much of a style.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 627x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 627x486px
>>12244903
>How do i develop a style?

find things you like...go shopping, browse in stores, look in magazines or hobbies you like...inspo threads, tumblr and instagram...

its all about finding what you like, experimenting and seeing if it works. style isnt made overnight. its a combination of what you do, the culture youre in, how you want to present yourself, phases of interests, etc etc.

find some hobbies. social groups. go shopping different places but dont need to buy. just look and figure out your taste.
>>
>>12244903

developing a style is super easy! get together a ton of things you like, i recommend getting a tumblr and roaming fashion-centred sites. take queues from musicians and artists. take everything you like and mash it together, tastefully. if you randomly throw stuff you like together you will look just a tad autisitic. learn what works and what doesn't and don't be afraid to try new things
>>
>>12244943
>>12244932

thanks senpai

how did i do with that outfit in OP?
>>
also not to sound totally autistic, but is consistency part of defining a style?

I feel like i have no common theme running through what i wear.
>>
>>12244960
depends on the degree. obviously you probably wouldnt wear running shoes with a tuxedo. but that being said, if it makes sense to you...go for it. if it turns out to be a mistake, then you've learned something. you've refined your taste that much more
>>
>>12244903
I dressed like you until I saw a p a l e w a v e thread
>>
>>12244903
you're already rocking kidsinthehallwave friendo
>>
>>12245189
what's that, literal fashion newfag
>>
File: 1486572150318.png (2MB, 2002x2237px) Image search: [Google]
1486572150318.png
2MB, 2002x2237px
>>12245192
Some band probably
>>
File: 1486572037634.jpg (150KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486572037634.jpg
150KB, 1000x800px
>>
>>12245200
lol was literally just looking at that infographic after i googled palewave.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>12245192
The Kids in the Hall was a Canadian sketch comedy in the 90s
>>
>>12245192
also these days there's shitloads of aesthetics that end in _____wave or ____core

I was making a joke, I apologize for the confusion
>>
>>12244903
you don't
i don't want to sound like a cunt here, but you can't just get into a style, or change all your clothes. it would be just like changing personality from one day to the other. it ould be unnatural. just wear what you think looks nice and comfy, and you'll get a style. when you start buying new clothes, put more attention into it even if you hate shopping (as i do). you may be well or bad dressed, but who cares in the end, there are more important things in life
>>
>>12244932
>>12244943
>>12245724
What do you do if you don't like anything enough to form a coherent style? What do you do if the style you like is avant-garde artsy shit and you're a broke engineering college student?
>>
>>12246498
Save money or make your own clothes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.