[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

most /fa/ areas of study? my votes are philosophy, medicine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

most /fa/ areas of study?
my votes are philosophy, medicine math, physics, and literature
>>
>>12236505
medicine, math*
>>
Math and Physics definitly, philosophy and literature depend on the univerwity, where only a few are really worth it.

not medicine though, shit makes you depressed and is filled with fags
>>
Anything but engineering.
>>
>>12236505
Philosophy is too difficult for /fa/. Stick to your memes.
>>
>>12236505
education
>>
Medicine, maths, philosophy (only at a good uni), economics (at a good uni), law (at a good uni)
>>
>>12236777

lolno
>>
these are respectable but not effay
it has to be something unique
>>
>>12236788
semiology
>>
>>12236505
the occult
>>
Film
Philosophy (you need to really stick with it for it to be though)
English/lit
Design
Physics
>>
maybe this is weird but I think fashion is the most fashionable thing to study

because it's fashion
>>
>>12237438
So crazy it might work
>>
>>12236505
Economics
>>
>>12237438

My thought exactly.
>>
Philosophy I think is #1 but only if you take it seriously. Getting a bachelors in phil because you didn't know what to take and then trying to get a shitty job out of college is not /fa/.

If you follow through with it and go to a good university and take it seriously, maybe become a prof and writer and such, then its really /fa/.
>>
File: witty.jpg (155KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
witty.jpg
155KB, 1024x771px
>>12236505
Study in the humanities can be very effay so long as you reject identity politics and focus on pure aesthetics.

Studying philosophy is effay so long as you study the right philosophers. Analytic philosophy is not effay when it gets too stem-cucked (see Dennett for example). Contintental philosophy is usually very effay, but generally has more of a prevalence in humanities departments, which, as a rule, supress the natural effayness of the subject with identity politics.

Sciences are naturally uneffay, but an effay person can, with a little effort, make them effay. So, to study maths becuase you were good at it in high school and muh STEM job prospects is very very uneffay, but if you study maths out of a genuine aesthetic appreciation for its pure abstraction and cool detachment from the physical world (especially if your appreciation of mathematical abstraction and detachment is bolstered by your turbulent mental health, which you use maths to escape from), there is nothing more academically effay.

In short, effay people study effay subjects, and uneffay people study uneffay subjects. It's not what you study, but how you inject an aesthetic sensibility into your engagement with that subject.
>>
>>12237681
Do people tend to call you out for using the word "aesthetic" too much?
>>
>>12236505
mathfag here
can confirm math is effay as fuck
just don't interact with any math people because they themselves are hideous
>>
>>12236788
studying something irrelevant is not effay
>>
>>12237438
that's ridiculous, anon
>>
>>12237693
aesthetics is an actual area of philosophical thought, anon
>>
>>12237693
No because I only ever use it in a technical sense talking about philosophy or a meme sense shitposting on /fa/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.