[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am planning on investing in some quality oxfords/brogues for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I am planning on investing in some quality oxfords/brogues for my business-casual look.
Should i settle for a pair for 500€ calfskins or should i only get some good cordovan shoes for around 800€?
Has anyone had any experience with these leathers?
>>
Buy 2 calfskin pairs and rotate? It's going to last you longer than 1 cordovan pair, and you get versatility.
>>
>>12230529
Fuck that
You can get a quality pair for under 200€
>>
>>12230529
meermin.es, buy a pair of RTW calfskin oxfords so you can verify sizing, then wait for them to post a cordovan MTO you like: boom, you have both options for €600.

Literally no reason to buy any other brand unless you have a ton of money and really like their particular style.
>>
>>12230737
Btfo pleb
>>
>>12230776
Lol meermin is entry-level tier in terms of quality

You obviously don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>12230804
Read again OP's budget
>>
>>12230831
What's your point ?
>>
>>12230529
>Spending this much on a pair of shoes
You are a victim of capitalism and the internet. Thinking that this much money will buy you a pair of shoes that is this much better in quality and looks too. It just won't. At the same time, you come here and post on the internet about it, thinking that anyone cares. Absolute nonsense.
>>
>>12230804
Goodyear welted + full grain leather is not entry level.
>>
>>12230804
>h-hey youre a pleb and i know more than you
>but i wont say why or whats actually good
>>
Cordo is besto
>>
>>12230529
People can tell the difference between, a 50-100€ shoe and a 200+€ shoe.

But people cannot tell the difference between, say, a 400€ shoe and an 800€ shoe.

Just spend somewhere in the ballpark of 200-300€ and spend the rest on accessories.
>>
File: pommy.jpg (110KB, 700x454px) Image search: [Google]
pommy.jpg
110KB, 700x454px
OP here
Money is not a problem, i am currently changing my wardrobe and most of my shoes are in the 100-200 EUR range.
Since i have money to spend i would like to slowly start investing into brand, high-end brand shoes which will last longer.
What is /fa/s opinion on these?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Cordovan-Brogue/MH00471,et_EE,pd.html

Horween cordovan seems to be the best quality out there, together with a Goodyear welt.
>>
>>12230901
Seems like you cared enough to make a response and try and to belittle OP for having the funds to pay for such luxuries. Maybe you should make more money to hide your own insecurities.
>>
>>12230804
>Meermin is entry-level tier in terms of quality
Kek, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Meermin is definitely better than the likes of Crockett & Jones and Church, and there's literally no quality difference between my Meermins and Carminas or Edward Greens.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.