[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Adidas become so popular all of the sudden? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How did Adidas become so popular all of the sudden?

I remember when only slavs and poorfags who couldn't afford Jordans wore Adidas
>>
>>12229262
t. dumb american
>>
>>12229262
> all of a sudden
they were a long time the biggest sports brand in europe (now they are on the second place after nike if i remember right)
and are well represented in the USA for ages
>>
>>12229262
3 coinciding marketing home runs:
1) hipster fashion metatrend + relaunch of 'originals' collection a la luxottica for ray-ban (take all models out of supply and reintro classic silhouette with strategic push) lead to re-appreciation of their classic model range superstar stan smith
2) Adidas boost sole tech created interest in modern models. both by runners and fashion people
3) Yeezy, and to a lesser extent collabs with n.e.r.d.-guy, pusha T and other singers/celebs.
>>
they're doing collabs with big names: Ye, Rick, y3, Raf, Pharrel, Ronnie Fieg, Bape, Palace and like every other streetwear brand

Nike literally only has Supreme and Ball shoes
lines rn

plus Adidas keeps putting out alright shoes with a lot of hype behind them. People buy them and then buy into the next hype release. I'm sure NMDs will be run into the ground and then replaced with a better model in the next 8 months. JUST ADD MORE BOOST
>>
>>12229262
adidas has always been pretty big mate. Lately though whoever they've got designing their shoes is fucking killing it.
>>
>>12229917

fuck streetwear. i can tell you go there, faggot.
>>
>>12229262

K A N Y E
>>
Because of y-3
They basically just take his designs and plebify them for mass consumption, I'm not even mad because the results are usually nice looking relatively cheap shoes
>>
>>12229981
No, literally all Yeezy inspired adidas look horrible.
>>
>>12229977
Autism
>>
>>12229977
how far is your head up your ass if you think street wear had nothing to do with adidas success?

it's just that and their appeal to regular people with their re-release of retros
>>
>>12230109

Yeah, but that doesn't stop retards from buying his shoes.

Probably the one of most popular shoes ever created next to the original Air Jordans
>>
RUN DMC rapped about Adidas in like 1985, they've been huge forever
>>
>played a game last night in which you gotta stand up when you wear or have X thing
>"if you wear Adidas..."
>only me stand up

Where is that Adidas new popularity /fa/ talks about everyday ?
>>
>>12230474

They rapped about the adidas superstar but now normies ruined them
>>
Fuck off Americuck! Adidas has always been pretty popular here
>>
Been massive in England for time. Especially with football fans
>>
>>12229917
Nike does have ACG and Gyakusou at least.
>>
>>12229262
All these people saying kanye are delusional. I remember the uptick started in America with wings.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.