[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do asian exchange students dress so tryhard and gaudy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: giuseppe.jpg (283KB, 1571x1571px) Image search: [Google]
giuseppe.jpg
283KB, 1571x1571px
Why do asian exchange students dress so tryhard and gaudy?

Pic very related
>>
>>12227059
It is a point of pride amongst a lot of them to have expensive items, and they want people to know they spent money so subtlety isn't an issue
>>
>>12227076
this
though I see it far more with arab exchange students, I think its because they don't want to be seen as a dirty bomb builder and they over compensate to the point of looking ridiculous
>>
Indulgence in "cool American excess" in a way that allows them to nevertheless keep among themselves: participation in their vision of the west while in the west without engaging in the west.
>>
>>12227144
>participation in their vision of the west while in the west without engaging in the west.
this
>>
it's weird because they pull it off so well. i couldn't imagine anyone else dressing that way and looking good.
>>
>>12227059
Holy fuck my state school is pouring with shoes like this, what the fuck
>>
rigondeaux
>>
when I was in high school there were a ton of rich gooks. I convinced them I had a Vetements plug and sold them fake vetements at real prices. I made about 8k
>>
>>12227485
>Implying they pull it off well

Calm down, no they don't. Shit looks retarded on no matter who wears it. You probably have yellow fever too.
>>
>>12227586
Cx
>>
>>12227673
nice
>>
You get this from Arab and Asian countries, sometimes russians because they come from traditionally poor countries. Only in the last 20 years or so have these populations have money, and they are using it to compensate for their heritage that is lacking in affluence. Notice how rich europeans dress very understated and cool, this is because these families have had rich for hundreds of years and dont feel any need to show off.
>>
>>12227757

This is the right idea.

Chinese students have parents who pour money into their accounts as a way to show off how rich the family is. The kids are tools and they know this. Eventually, when the grow old, they will get into whatever family business, give up all the flashy clothes, and do the same thing to their own kids.

Also, consider that it's a form of affection from parents to kids. The parents devote their entire waking lives to work, and therefor spend very little time with these kids. They hire nannies and send them off to affluent schools and pay their room and board. The money is a sad way of telling them they love them.
>>
>>12227769
>The money is a sad way of telling them they love them.
:( yea that puts it into perspective
>>
>>12227769
wow i feel sad now
>>
I think it's more like all the shit in the US is cheaper than it is in China, so less wealthy kids in China can now suddenly afford a lot of expensive shit when daddy sends them here for uni.

I know a kid who bought an Aventador because "they're so cheap here"
>>
File: 1458606362591.png (631KB, 1600x905px) Image search: [Google]
1458606362591.png
631KB, 1600x905px
L O N D O N
>>
>>12227627
I wonder if someone would just go on the internet and tell lies
>>
>>12227059
>why are asian students so tryhard
>spends all day on a fashion board spending the little money he has on trendy clothes
>>
>>12227485
Yeah that's a big no. They look gaudy AF with moschino, Versace, hba and Marcelo burlon layered on top of each other
>>
as seen on Border Security kek
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.