[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/ fall-2017-menswear/calvi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: raf.jpg (767KB, 1000x1005px) Image search: [Google]
raf.jpg
767KB, 1000x1005px
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2017-menswear/calvin-klein-collection

rafy's debut CK line is out, lads. surprised there is no thread on this.

thoughts?

I think it's safe and
>>
>>12226635
>I think it's safe and

meant to say safe and boring af
>>
File: _KLE0787.jpg (2MB, 2777x4172px) Image search: [Google]
_KLE0787.jpg
2MB, 2777x4172px
I actually liked it a lot. It was safe and composed of a lot of basics, but the silhouettes were nice.
>>
>>12226637
>meant to say safe and boring af

wow nice critique, how long did it take you to come up with that
>>
File: _KLE0443.jpg (2MB, 2784x4182px) Image search: [Google]
_KLE0443.jpg
2MB, 2784x4182px
>>12226700
also I thought this plastic covering stuff was pretty interesting

I'm most curious to see how this will affect the ck stuff you see at low end stores like macys though
>>
>>12226701
u start the thread next time big guy
>>
>>12226710
it's not about that, you just suck at critiquing fashion

>>12226700
so do you
>>
>>12226637
Was CK even intersting in terms of design beside all the heroin chic models?
Because it's not Raf's diffusion line, it's a normie brand.
>>
>>12226714
>it's not about that, you just suck at critiquing fashion

I typed that up to spur discussion. Stop being a sperg and type out your own critique.
>>
File: calvin-klein-fall-2017-runway-15.jpg (164KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
calvin-klein-fall-2017-runway-15.jpg
164KB, 800x1200px
>>12226635
Yeah, this show was kind of underwhelming, Raf played it cool and kept most of his designs relativity conservative. There are some elements of the show I did enjoy, patterns and textures that broke up the monotony of traditional clothing, but most of it was boring.

I have to believe that CK being a very wealthy company and not a dedicated artistic venture influenced some of this show's outcome.
>>
File: _KLE0375.jpg (129KB, 900x1352px) Image search: [Google]
_KLE0375.jpg
129KB, 900x1352px
I was hoping that it would be a bit more minimalistic, but I still like the line quite a lot. The silhouettes were really good IMO. Not a big fan of all the sheer and clear materials tho.
I'll agree that it's playing on a little on the safe side, but hey it's his first season with CK.
>>
>>12226815
calvin klein isn't minimalism
>>
File: _KLE0391.jpg (132KB, 900x1352px) Image search: [Google]
_KLE0391.jpg
132KB, 900x1352px
>>
File: 1482444529195.jpg (154KB, 1200x858px) Image search: [Google]
1482444529195.jpg
154KB, 1200x858px
>>12226815
>those fucking hands

Jesus, put some moisturiser on your hands. This is disgusting.
>>
>>12226816
I'm well aware, but it was a little more so in the past. (Late 90's I think)
So sue me for wanting Raf to take the label in a more minimalistic direction, similar to his design work at Jil Sander. I was being hopeful for something I realize isn't realistic of modern CK.
>>
>>12226635
I'm pretty happy with it. I'm glad Raf's in a brand that allows him to focus his designs on Americana and American teenagers, because that's his strong suit by far

Any idea when this stuff is going on sale?
>>
>People thinking Raf has as much control over CK as Hedi and SLP.
>>
File: _KLE1163.jpg (2MB, 2803x4210px) Image search: [Google]
_KLE1163.jpg
2MB, 2803x4210px
I think it's very lovely. It's very wearable, and I don't think it's boring. It's more retrospective instead of inventing but I don't like that people feel that fashion always needs to tread new ground instead of realizing beautiful visions drawing from the bits and pieces we already have available. Here raf makes new things from old concepts already available instead of completely switching silhouettes and styles up, and that's okay and wearable and comfortable. Also, raf needs to clearly communicate his future vision for CK and he can't do that by branching into specifics in the very first show, he needs to show "this is my new aesthetic" in order for business to be good and that is best done in a safer way.

One of the things I especially liked was the texture achieved in pic rel with the feathers below the plastic, a bit like brush strokes.
>>
>>12226816
It's shitty watered down americanised minimalism
>>
>>12226849

He's been given FULL CREATIVE CONTROL, you fucking retard, all the way down to the underwear sold at walmart.

It just wouldn't make sense for him to come fuck shit up super hard and change everything because CK isn't just a high fashion brand like ysl was before hedi, they got a lot more people and demographics to market to.

I thought the collection was great but am waiting for a staple piece from the more affordable ranges, like those jeans in the latest ads with models standing in front of sterling ruby and richard prince pieces look really promising, not sure if theyre part of the ck collection though hope not
>>
>>12227511
>Thinking that full creative control actually means full creative control.
So young, so naive.
>>
>>12227580

Shut the fuck up retard, that's not an argument.
>>
>>12227585
that looks like a statement to me
>>
>>12227605

Yeah exactly, it's not an argument, fucking retard
>>
>>12226700
canadian tuxedo its lit
>>
>>12227613
are you even aware of who you are responding to
>>
>>12226704
it wont affect your basic tier macy's garbage, im pretty sure. Its only going to be the ready-to-wear stuff thats raf influenced
>>
boring, colors are overkill, fit is weird
>>
>>12226635
WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
>>
Why do new collections that are similar to retro styles always look like cosplay gear for retro-themed parties?

As opposed to like wearing the Levi's that have been the same all these decades that just look normal / classic.

Or am I a pleb for thinking this?
>>
>>12226784
this coat is great

any idea what the retail will be
>>
This is bad but americans will love this.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.