[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of any boots like these that don't break the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 81k-X6NVhuL._UL1500_.jpg (204KB, 1500x1159px) Image search: [Google]
81k-X6NVhuL._UL1500_.jpg
204KB, 1500x1159px
Anyone know of any boots like these that don't break the bank?

I have a budget of around $200 and have never bought a pair of boots in my life, but I love the style of these so much.

/fa/ pleb here
>>
bamp
>>
>>12216145
check out Chippewa and LL Bean Katahdin boots. You may also like Solovair 6 eye Hawkins boots.
>>
>>12216145
Red Wing Iron Rangers (What your photo is). Solid quality, decent price. But I prefer more of the Viberg aesthetic, the Wolverine 1K miles is similar and in your price range.

If you can stretch a bit, look into the Charcoal Nubuck service boot from Dayton - pic related
>>
thanks for the help guys

I think I'm going to go with these.
Same sorta look but a bit cheaper.
>>
>>12216187
I have the Daytons and they're a 10/10 boot once broken in. Hiked through Alaska and put them through the ringer. Well worth it.
>>
>>12216202
360 degree welts are for plebs
>>
>>12216205
>360 degree welts
idek what that is
>>
>>12216213
Do some reading before you buy a boot. Differences in construction, styling, materials etc all make a huge difference. You want something that is solid, will last and not look like shit after one season. Cheapest is not always the answer.

I say this because you clearly have no idea what you're looking at.
>>
>>12216228
There's a reason why you only see new product photos for cheap shitty footwear, and you see plenty of worn-in and well used photos for more expensive ones. What you're paying for is how well the boots will look in years to come, and poorly constructed boots definitely will not look good.
>>
>>12216202
These seem kinda cheap m8, leather boots are something that's going to last for years and look better as they get more worn - IMO save up the extra cash and get at least some kind of Chippewa or Solovair or something
>>
File: del.jpg (42KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
del.jpg
42KB, 650x650px
does anyone have pics of beaten/used boots and can name their brands? After all, the beaten look is what you end up with/what you want.

In terms of selecting boots, I'm looking for something that looks like the dayton service boots, specifically the slim but not too sharp silhouette, which seems to be the most difficult thing to find. Chippewa service boots seem to be sort of close, but I'd like to see what they break down into, and google search gives back a bunch of nice looking boots that I can't be sure are actually the ones I'm looking at

therefore, if anyone owns any cool boots plz post them and name the brand
>>
>>12216279
btw pic related are chippewa
>>
>>12216145
i wish people would stop making stupid threads like this. if you want quality, you have to pay for it. you arent going to get a $350 quality pair of boots for $100, so stop asking.
>>
File: viberg18mo_1.jpg (131KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
viberg18mo_1.jpg
131KB, 1200x800px
>>12216279
Viberg service boots, about 2 or 3 years old and worn daily, without shoe trees, cleaned/conditioned once a season. These belong to AJ Chen from styleforum.

Truman boots also have a very slim toe box, if that's a particular feature you're after
>>
>>12216343
Good stuff thanks anon

btw for anyone else, reddit mfa is actually a good resource if you have a boot in mind but want to find reviews/pictures of them after long amounts of wear.

Now leaning towards chippewa 6" service boots, seem to be a non-bulbous toebox and quality that fits my needs (city sucker)

now I just gotta sell enough shit to afford them
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.