[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ever notice how designers rarely if ever wear their own clothing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

ever notice how designers rarely if ever wear their own clothing? can you think of anyone besides rick? alexander mcqueen, one of the most esteemed artists of the past century, wore dadcore.
>>
christophe lemaire
raf simons
yohji yamamoto
hedi slimane
thom browne
walter van beirendonck
miuccia prada
wales bonner
vivienne westwood
alessandro michele
consuelo castiglioni

theres lots more but thats all i can think of off the top of my head
>>
>>12196982
Alexander Wang wears his own stuff
>>
>>12196985
hes a hack so not included in the list
>>
>>12196988
yet you include hedi
>>
>>12196996
aye ya got me there
>>
>>12196982
90% of those artists wear boring ready to wear that they incidentally designed because the were told to make w black T shirt. Rick wears avantgarde and he makes avant garde.
>>
>>12197012
Stop posting anytime you fucking moron
>>
I think some designers believe it to be egocentric and narcissistic to wear their own designs. Similar to how it's frowned upon for bands to wear their own band merch.
>>
>>12196996
Hedi used to be way more influential than Wang will ever be though
>>
>>12196963
how could you forget the L E G E N D S Jerry FOG Lorenzo and Dean and Dan Caten
>>
>>12197177
Used to be? He still is. Pretty much all of the current trends are his doing.
>>
>>12196963
mcq dressed much wackier leading up to his death
>>
>>12197145
thats completley different m8, its only comparable if the fashion designer only designs tshirts with his name and face splatered all over them
>>
>>12197178
truly the OG legends, yall niggas better recognize the superior dsquared twin twink swag
>>
>>12197203
>Pretty much all of the current trends are his doing
maybe if we only count the effeminate gay community + alex turner
>>
>>12197178
>Jerry Lorenzo
>Legendary
Nice bait anon
>>
>>12197275
what is sarcasm?
>>
File: aliexpress_copycat.png (634KB, 925x754px) Image search: [Google]
aliexpress_copycat.png
634KB, 925x754px
>>12197278
Do you need more examples?
>>
>>12197290
do you need a fucking dictionary definition of sarcasm you fucking moron?
>>
>>12197301
how can I cure my autism?
>>
>>12197306
Ask your bartender for a lemon bleach (on the rocks).
>>
>>12197274
lmao what
>>
>>12197390
Thanks m8, I'm gonna do it tonight
>>
pretty sure Haider wears his own stuff or maybe all South American clothes look the same to me
>>
>>12197012
>rick
>avant garde
oh boy
>>
File: IMG_3049.jpg (706KB, 1959x1306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3049.jpg
706KB, 1959x1306px
most japanese designers wear their own clothes. hiroki, daiki, and pic related (kiro and th hirata of kapital) are just a couple examples.
>>
>>12198441
forgot huyuki and pizduki
>>
>>12198019
pls explain how rick is not avant garde
>>
McQueen didnt give a fuck about menswear because theres nothing in it for a designer as talented as him...lemair and tricky ricky et al are good at what they do but its hardly the same thing, AMcQ is a bad example
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.