[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

w2c a decent pair of black dress shoes that won't run me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: SLP Dylan.jpg (51KB, 722x905px) Image search: [Google]
SLP Dylan.jpg
51KB, 722x905px
w2c a decent pair of black dress shoes that won't run me $700 like pic related?

I'm graduating college and I want a black derby with a slim profile to wear with suits to job interviews. Can't afford anything super nice just yet. Can anyone rec me something a bit cheaper?
>>
You don't need a pair of patent leather like pic related for an interview.

For 300-400 you can find allen edmonds or paul evans with decent/contemporary lasts

For under 300 you can find meermin or jack erwin (which is not that bad but you get what you paid for)
>>
>>12167305
>You don't need a pair of patent leather like pic related for an interview.
That's why I want something cheaper. I just posted an example of what I'm looking for: a classic, slim profile with no studs or broguing or cap toe. Thanks for the recs, I'll check those out
>>
>>12167342
That's not what patent leather means. Patent leather refers to the shiny/glossy finish of the leather, not the quality or price. I think what he meant was, just get a regular pair of black oxfords for your interview because you'll look like an idiot if you show up wearing patent leather shoes.

Anyway, if you want cheap, Johnston & Murphy is decent and in the <$300 range
>>
allen edmonds used on ebay run like 100-200 bux
>>
>>12167423
I honestly didn't even think of checking ebay or grailed for used shoes. I'll give it a look
>>12167377
Yeah I misinterpreted what anon said.
>>
>>12167247
Meermin (meermin.es) makes great shoes for the price. Not sure if it's worth the trouble if you're not in Europe though.
>>
File: jm cartwright.png (283KB, 899x556px) Image search: [Google]
jm cartwright.png
283KB, 899x556px
What do you guys think of these?
http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/cartwright-plain-toe/6273.html?dwvar_6273_color=Black%20Italian%20Calfskin&dwvar_6273_width=M
>>
>>12167512
>http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/cartwright-plain-toe/6273.html?dwvar_6273_color=Black%20Italian%20Calfskin&dwvar_6273_width=M

For the price, you would be expecting something better than cement construction.

Also Oxfords look better with a suit imo.
>>
just pick up a pair of bostonians.
>>
>>12167523
A lot of the shoes I'm finding in the $200-300 price range seem to be derbies for whatever reason.
>>12167524
http://www.clarksusa.com/us/mens-bostonian/mens-bostonian-dress-shoes/narrate-vibe-black-leather/p/26121008
Honestly for $100 it's stitched construction and doesn't have that bad of a silhouette. I might consider these
>>
get cap-toe oxfords for a job interview. Derbies are less formal than oxford. Or get bluchers for a middle ground.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.