[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the name of a fabric, or give me something to look for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: kakihara suit.png (462KB, 473x643px) Image search: [Google]
kakihara suit.png
462KB, 473x643px
What is the name of a fabric, or give me something to look for clothes like that, that changes colors, like that suit seen in the last scene of a movie Ichi the killer.
Or should I spend the rest of my life searching second hand shops for that
>>
File: immg2-stoneislandmarina.jpg (104KB, 1620x700px) Image search: [Google]
immg2-stoneislandmarina.jpg
104KB, 1620x700px
>>12147123
Its called heat reactive clothing but you will not find a lot of garments that have it. Stone Island did a few jackets and a collaboration with Supreme. Most notable problem is that after a while it loses its potency and wont change color anymore.
>>
File: ATWA.png (954KB, 752x745px) Image search: [Google]
ATWA.png
954KB, 752x745px
>>12147127
lol
>>
>>12147134
I dont get the reference but yeah uh 88 and all that I guess.
>>
>>12147127
Don't think so, because it's not changing due to temperature change but to different light/angle w/e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA345GCyErs
check out 2:33 and so on.
That's some kind of oldschool iridescent fucking silk or satin not some supreme 2020 shit
>>
>>12147138
That's just an amused panda, nothing more.
>>
is this not just fucking organza? I mean you might have a hard time finding pre-made suits and shit as it's usually used in dancewear and dresses, but it's hardly a rare fabric. Grab a bolt from a local fabric store and hire a tailor. You might also consider taffeta to complete the look.
>>
>>12147123
God damn, this movie was so fun. Now that I'm thinking of it I already saw like 20 movies from based Miike and they were all enjoyable af.
Read manga by the way, it's even better. One of my favs.
>>
File: 598042782_o.jpg (166KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
598042782_o.jpg
166KB, 800x600px
>>12147123
The word you are looking for is "iridescent"

>>12147154
Not organza since that's usually sheer, but most likely silk taffeta which is quite common as you said.
>>
>>12147143
this movie looks badass
>>
>>12147123
I do believe it's called two tone fabric, also amazing movie
>>
Suit is Dries Van Noten, good luck finding it (I've been searching for years myself).
>>
>>12148642
I always loved the costume design, is it seriously Dries?
>>
>>12148642
I've heard the same but I couldn't finden any sauce in it whatsoever. Do you anything else?
>>
>>12147123
>>12147127
i don't know about the "heat reactive" stuff, but this anon's right: check out Stone Island. They have a bunch of really cool looking weird fabrics. Usually that kind of thing will just look tacky and shitty and cheap, but Stone Island actually 100% avoids that. They do in a really high quality and kind of subtle way, and it honestly does look cool as fuck. i can't recall the exact pieces, but just go look through their website.
>>
There used to be one sold by mens wearhouse but it wasnt as vibrant. same two colors though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.