[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when did you realise high quality, luxurious clothing with well-considered,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: pull-guernesey (1).jpg (562KB, 2160x3186px) Image search: [Google]
pull-guernesey (1).jpg
562KB, 2160x3186px
when did you realise high quality, luxurious clothing with well-considered, understated designs is literally the only way to be effay?
you literally cannot be effay if you are poor
people should be able to walk past you on the street and tell just from the way they look that they are expensive, not by shouting at them "look at me, I am wearing x brand"
that is the true essence of effay, not your shitty streetwear box logo and vetements shite
>>
high quality is a meme
>>
File: op.png (38KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
38KB, 200x200px
>>
>>12130053
>what is thrifting

dickhead
>>
File: _HOW0320.jpg (90KB, 900x1350px)
_HOW0320.jpg
90KB, 900x1350px
>>12130070
literally nothing fedora about it, im not talking about shitty muh heritage american brands and gq magazine menswear shite, talking about high end designer brands ie jil sander, lemaire, celine, the row etc
>>12130073
if you can actually find good clothes then yeah, cheap dad jeans and windbreakers and meme dad hats and shite that seem to be obsessed on here by a certain few that look like complete garbage are not
>>
File: 1478929127299.png (157KB, 525x750px) Image search: [Google]
1478929127299.png
157KB, 525x750px
>vetements
>low quality
>>
>>12130101

i got those boots for like $30. shit is so cash
>>
>>12130053

Then why are the only truly fashionable people almost always working class poor kids who create their own looks that everyone else copies?

Literally every look worth mentioning comes from kids on the streets, not some worthless rich subhuman copycat piece of shit.
>>
>>12130053
>well considered, understated designs
boring "dark minimalist" cuck clothes aren't fashion
>>
>>12130106
im not talking about types of people, I'm talking about the styles they wear
the working class kids spend most of their money on clothes and music and all that type of shit, hence why they can still be fashionable, maybe I worded it wrong by saying poor people cant be effay
Instead I really meant people who buy cheap, ugly, shitty made clothes filled with obnoxious branding and meme designs are not effay ala all those soundcloud rappers and rich instagram asians that are frothed over by the r/streetwear refugees
>>12130110
oh it's this "dark minimalist" autist again who spouts shit that doesn't even make any sense lmao
you seem to be confusing scandinavian meme minimalism with actual interesting minimalism
>>
Yeah but what's the point in wearing fragile expensive clothing that youre afraid to get dirty
Luxury fashion is a stupid concept. The best clothes look good and last long too.
You can stress about the bleach stain on your acne sweater or you can start wearing CCP and MA+, clothing that only looks better the dirtier it gets
Stop playing yourself and buy shit that will last. It's worth it.
>>
File: IMGP1661-1024x576.jpg (193KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1661-1024x576.jpg
193KB, 1024x576px
Either wear full Saint Laurent or just give up on fashion. SLP is the pinnacle of fashion.
>>
File: 1483051855840.png (171KB, 364x336px)
1483051855840.png
171KB, 364x336px
>>12130335
>Stop playing yourself and buy shit that will last. It's worth it
>ccp

lmao deluded

clearly havnt even owned the labels ur toting

carol christian poell is fragile af and his footwear is notorious for falling apart within six months

ur better buying acne
>>
>>12130053

Meh, paying $150 for plain t shirt or $600 for a sweater is not worth it imo, sure they feel really good, but at that price you're getting diminishing returns.

I'd argue the only pieces of clothing worth paying the expensive price tag are footwear, outdoor jackets and leather accesories like belts and wallets.
>>
>you literally cannot be effay if you are poor
Milsurp, smart thrifting (Japanese mags has taught me how to date clothes better and sift through the crap), and eBay are my saviors
I pay MSRP very frequently and try to avoid sales taxes / shipping cuz it adds up to a lot. As an American (reporting!), shopping from certain European shops might net you a humongous discount if you're lucky

I think you should still try and be thrifty even if you're spending a lot
>>
>>12130405
this. Just go for Milsurp. Normies can't tell the difference between GATs and MMMs anyways. Russian Marine Sweaters or Army Parkas are p effay too, without fucking up your bank account. Combine that with some thrifted higher quality clothing or stuff off of Grailed and you'll look good on a budget.
>>
>>12130405
milsurp is fucking trash
shite fabric, ugly designs
might aswell throw a garbage bag over yourself, itll look the same
>>
>>12130405
Care to share this mag stuff?
>>
>>12130053
lmao no
>>
>>12130053
whom tf cares that your jil sanders or lemaire shit is more effay when being decked out in armani lands you puci and status among peers?

also if you're too old for streetwear then what the fuck are you even doing on this board
>>
>>12130707
normies neither recognize nor appreciate gats so why even use that argument
>>
>>12130728
Men's non-no?
>>
OP I sort of agree...the problem is a skinny 6'2 19 year old in h&m skinny jeans and a t-shirt looks infintely better than some of the 40-something celibates on Styleforum with 8k fits...the effay ideal would be a young trust fund baby with height
>>
>>12130728
This pls
>>
>>12130053
you are the person who will rock these things in six months
>>
>>12130173
>12130173
define "poor"

even a poor person could be /fa/ if they shopped well, saved up and invested in quality over quantity
>>
>>12131160
income of less than a dollar a day
>>
>>12131223
I'm sure there is at least ONE /fa/ Sierra Leonean
>>
>>12130053
it's not you fucking idiot

source: my closet is comprised of very expensive, basic clothing from top-notch designers AND extremely cheap clothing I got from thrifting or as cheap gifts from friends and family
>>
>>12131160
>even a poor person could be /fa/ if they shopped well, saved up and invested in quality over quantity
Exactly. I have been a university student for 7 years with barely any income and my wardrobe consists of nothing but high quality pieces and actually is pretty damn big considering that 99% of the stuff in it is part of catwalk collections and were either bought full retail or in sales. People simply are shit at handling their money, blow it on worthless shit, waste 150 bucks every weekend on booze etc.
>>
>>12131310
And you look like shit, lol.
>>
>>12131101
they do appreciate them as good looking shoes, got multiple compliments for mine.
>>
>>12131404
Sure, lol.
>>
>>12131407
I've got like for, that multiple.
>>
>>12131112
Jesus christ, "effay ideal".

Just fucking kill yourself already.
>>
>>12131386
I'm so thankful you have clairvoyance

btw post fit
>>
op is my kind of dude, would have shots of vodka
but whatever floats your boat guys...
>>
I believe I understand OP but worded it in a wrong way.

Also I very much agree with being understated. Unless you want to be a peacock.
>>
File: 1478711044501.jpg (69KB, 640x480px)
1478711044501.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>12130053
>tfw poor /fa/g
>tfw people are surprised to hear that my clothes are inexpensive
>tfw homeless people actually think I have money to spare by the way I look
>>
>>12130335
>that youre afraid to get dirty
I'm not afraid to get my expensive shit 'dirty'
>>
File: 335.jpg (476KB, 1414x1920px)
335.jpg
476KB, 1414x1920px
>>12130728
>responding to my post
I maintain the Pastebin, I've seen hundreds of mags aside from those
Lightning and 2nd are fantastic at teaching you how to age a piece from its labels
>>
>>12130053
this is true but unattainable for most

having your own interesting style can compensate for a lack of funds
>>
>>12130712
not always; I recommend you look through ADS catalogs (there are PDFs on the ADS site) and just like for buzz brands like polartec and primaloft
you can find third party sellers that have basically everything for sale, and the prices kick ass....it's all about sifting through the crap and finding the gems
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.