[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you come to adopt your own style? I've spent the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1477714582201.jpg (110KB, 1500x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1477714582201.jpg
110KB, 1500x1006px
How did you come to adopt your own style?

I've spent the past week trying to get into /fa/ but I feel like everything I wear and buy becomes normcore/dadcore. It's not that I intend to be that way but it's just the only way I know how to put an outfit together.
>>
>>12115964
play video games, watch movies, watch anime, cop styles, adapt

let your imagination run wild
>>
>>12115964
Buy basic boring shit that fits well and is versatile enough to be used in any style at first.
You will eventualy develop an eye: some pieces, patterns, textures, colour schemes, etc. will appeal to you more than others. Make an inspo folder, read fashion magazines, shop everywhere (and buy occasionally), take mental note of that dapper dude you saw on the street and think about what made the fit great.

Your style will sort of fall in place from that, adapting to your lifestyle, the weather and whatnot.
>>
>>12115964
Look at all inspo threads and bands you like and movies and architecture even, do this often and your taste will develop slowly. It's supposed to be a slow thing, it's better that way and more individual and pure. I like watching movies from the 60s and 70s for example, I do it quite often.
I'm pretty poor but I buy a single expensive piece now and then instead of lots of cheap stuff, so I'm pretty selective about what I buy. Two years ago I bought basic stuff that gravitated towards what my vision then was, always in simple colours because then it will last even when my taste changed I knew that, grey cableknit, blue soft dress pants, black margiela replicas, black jeans etc basic stuff. Stuff that was basic but I knew would be versatile even down the road. Now I have so many versatile things of high quality that I bought a long time ago that I only buy things that are very out there now, and can make it work instantly.
As >>12115976 said it's some textures and patterns and cuts that will appeal to you more than others, it's when these small deviances appear in every single piece you own (because you've selected every piece you own carefully) that a pattern appears that is your own style. The sum of all things small.
>>
>>12116694
I agree with this anon, just look for inspo everything and stay with what you like the most
>>
blended 60/70's fascist vibe with Jason statham style and got my own unique "punitive patrol" outfit
>>
First step is always the basics. Then I'd say browse through thrift stores/charity shops and see if anything interesting pops out. Then surround yourself with people who you think are stylish and hang with them (remember they must actually be your friends). I've had great experiences here at uni through swapping garms with people who had a mutual dress sense,I've achieved some fits that I never could if I was buying from stores.
>>
i just dress comfty in comfty colors i like and feel good wearing. then subtly add brands i like to the mix. nothing with big/tile logos; shits obnoxious to me.
adapted my favorite parts from favorite people such as musician/model/actor/artist.
always look approachable in public too. Dont want to be coming off as a raging douchebag because it'll attract the wrong crowd.
just know what you like. it's not a competition.
>>
>>12116862
This is really important, your friends will also know if what your wearing suits you as a person and if it looks out of place or forced.
>>
>>12115976
>>12115969
>>12116694
>>12116701
>>12116862
>>12116896
Thank you, these answers were very helpful. I think right now I'm still in the basics stage so I have a lot of work to do. Hopefully when the time comes, I can contribute here with my own style.
>>
>>12115964
i just buy shit that i like and wear it with confidence, l2 mix and match colors pretty easy man.
>>
>>12115964
Gain clarity on your character and value system, learn to live by them and they will automatically reflect in your clothing choices. Seek out obscure media to find out what you really like, spend time thinking about the people you idolize and how they dress, what is being reflected in their clothing? Best case scenario, you have a personal style before acquiring basics, it should not be an afterthought but the basis of your wardrobe.
>>
Personally I've noticed it's normally ex goths who've grown out of a childish extreme look.
I'd wager it's something to do having pushed your boundaries of taste.
Obviously not all ex goths. I didn't do this and my style is rather basic.
>>
File: 1456233123857.jpg (100KB, 481x620px) Image search: [Google]
1456233123857.jpg
100KB, 481x620px
>>12115964
I latched onto the hipster thing unironically several years ago back in high school, but then I graduated and found myself without any teenage dweebs enabling that whole aesthetic. then I started browsing /fa/ a couple years ago and bought into palewave and some of the other memes at first, and unfortunately just before coming here I resolved to curate my wardrobe with nicer, more permanent pieces. So for a few months I was just buying flavor of the month stuff because I was a retard and let 4chan tell me that Stan Smiths were cool and that vaporwave was worth modeling my look after.
But since then I joined the military and the separation from those shitty habits allowed me to look at my style and look at the big picture instead of shitty fits. Pic unrelated
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.