[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best for quality basics? Shit that won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: bradpittfightclub.jpg (32KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
bradpittfightclub.jpg
32KB, 400x287px
What's the best for quality basics?
Shit that won't warp after a few washes
Is EVERLANE good, UNIQLO is okay but the supima shirts warp after a few washes. High fashion basics are great but super expensive
>>
Got some ascolour 5006 shirts and they v. Comfy
>>
>>12114270
I'm all about banana republic pimas

I don't wear basics I'm afraid to work out in. Same with sneakers.
>>
>>12114805
Yeah but does the neckline get all droopy after a wash? Does the bottom start sagging?
>>
>>12114825
God, I hate this so much. I can't stand clothes that fit well until the first wash. In addition to better quality, is there any way to wash shirts to prevent this?
>>
>>12114835
Word
I hate when crewnecks end up looking like floppy v necks after one wash
>>
>>12114825
Nah, but they do after I run headphones up the collar at the gym. I'd say they would hold up if I didn't ruin them this way.
>>
>>12114835
Gentle cycle, cold water, hang dry.
>>
>>12114270
J.Crew has some of my favorite t-shirts that still look pretty good a year or so later.

Target's basic t-shirts are still damn soft and comfy. (The mossimo ones, although last I heard they made them really boxxy and shit, but mine looks alright)
>>
Don't bother with everlane. It's fucking trash. Everything I have bought from them went to shit instantly. Backpack faded super fast and the buttons fell off really quickly, hoodie shrunk like crazy, was super uncomfortable, and faded after a couple washes, t-shirt shrunk and the collar got all wavey. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>12114270
>>12114980
agreed with anon, everlane is awful. American Apparel has much better basics
>>
File: Bayside 1701.jpg (23KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
Bayside 1701.jpg
23KB, 400x529px
Is there any material that feels as good as 100% cotton but resists fading and warping like a 50/50 cotton-poly?

Who makes a 50/50 shirt that doesn't feel scratchy as fuck?

Who makes one that comes in a medium size but with sleeves that go down closer to the elbows?

Who makes such a shirt without sweatshop labor?

How do you best take care of a basic black blank t-shirt, besides washing inside out on cold with a water softener and line drying?

How well does dying them back to black every few months work? What type and brand of dye should I get?
>>
So 50/50 blends warp less?
>>
John Elliot is amazing but expensive
Same with acne and APC
I have a few shirts and they keep their fit really good
>>
best basics I've ever owned:
http://www.purewaste.org

AA tri blend shirts are comfy af

uniqlo airism shirts are comfy and look gr8
>>
>>12114270
Basic Outfitters
>tees are cheap af
>brushed for extra softness
>durable & fit well (not too tight)
>50% off first purchase
>>
Is ascolor good for blanks?
Also what are the best slim fit chinos?
>>
>>12115059
Yes. Polyester is less fragile, but more rough and thin feeling in comparison to pure cotton. Something like a 60/40 would be perfect but I don't know who makes those on the regular.
>>
>>12114270
try american apparel
>>
Outlier ultrafine merino wool tees are super comfy, don't warp, can be worn for many days in a row without odor, and are great for both hot and cold weather.
They cost nearly $100 USD and they are worth it.
>>
>>12116679
Had never heard of or considered merino wool for a tee. ...or paying over $30 for a blank. Until today. I might get one right now.
>>
Gildan Heavy
>>
I buy the 4 for 10$ Walmart tees

Theyre loose and long and cheap as dick
>>
>>12114270
Ralph Lauren basic tees.
Probably around $15 but are great quality and last a while.
It's a good compromise
>>
Can I screenprint on higher quality shirts?
>>
>>12115045
>Is there any material that feels as good as 100% cotton but resists fading and warping like a 50/50 cotton-poly?
>Who makes a 50/50 shirt that doesn't feel scratchy as fuck?

Uniqlo Heatech tshirt
>>
>>12116679
Fuck yes. I have 2 and they're the best shirts I own. Except I got tiny little holes right round the waistline in them after wearing them frequently. Anyone know why?
>>
>>12117817
Rubbing against your belt buckle or pressing against the edge of the counter when you do the dishes are the two chief causes of this
>>
>>12117905
Ah thanks. Gonna be more careful then.
>>
Is there a difference between a 100$ tee and a 500$ tee?
>>
>>12118608
someone earns 400 bucks more. Quality wise it'll reach a peak at like 200 bucks.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.