[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Doc Marten boots, or maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Doc Marten boots, or maybe just Doc Martens in general. What is the consensus on these? I've never heard anything bad about them, always thought they were considered "classy" or whatever buzzword people are using nowadays.
>>
>>12038962
male or female? 1460s look best on females, get 1461's if male
>>
>>12038962
Unless your feet are small they will look like clown shoes. The reason they're called "classic" is because they're slightly expensive to normies but still attainable; therefore, they're seen as some of the best. Their look is meh, super clunky and during the winter the rubber sole gets extremely slippery. Don't do it senpai. People also buy them because the stitching is well known. Don't buy a brand because it's easily recognized.
>>
>>12038969
I'm a man, so obviously male preferably.

>>12038973
I'm a 5'4 manlet, but just out of curiosity what would you recommend for nice leather boots.
>>
>>12038997
What's the price range, I'm sure fa can find better
>>
File: levis_maine_boots_tan2.jpg (131KB, 1200x1400px) Image search: [Google]
levis_maine_boots_tan2.jpg
131KB, 1200x1400px
get something less edgy
>>
File: LL-BEAN-KATAHADIN.png (165KB, 465x507px) Image search: [Google]
LL-BEAN-KATAHADIN.png
165KB, 465x507px
>>12038962

Somewhat similar, picked these up a few weeks ago. On sale for $190 US, but might have another discount where there's an additional 20% off like when I got.
>>
>>12039014
$100 to $150, and yes I'm aware that's nothing in /fa/ eyes but I'm not really so concerned about my shoes that I'm going to spend $300 or some shit on shoes.

>>12039018
I like black, it's all I wear mostly and I think it looks tasteful. I'm not a big fan of brown or generic looking leather colored shoes. You can use a buzzword like "edgy" but just because I like black shoes/clothing doesn't mean I'm violent or edgy. I've always liked black on a lot of things, cars, clothes, etc.
>>
>>12038969
idk. the "male" docs used to have fucked up toeboxes.

>>12038962
get 146_s but get the mono version. fuck all that yellow shit
>>
>>12039018
i'm sorry but those boots are hot garbage my dude.

also docs aren't "edgy." They're just cheap, black boots. /fa/ just memes em too hard sometimes.
>>
File: mikepence2.png (364KB, 699x502px) Image search: [Google]
mikepence2.png
364KB, 699x502px
>>12039370
Shut your faggotty ass up you fucking sodomite
>>
>>12039384
dude the mens and womens docs look almost identical except the mens toebox used to look like an actual fuckin box.

also keep your stupid pence memes in /pol/
>>
>>1203897My docs don't have that bubble toe a lot of docs have. They see, to be regular 1460s but the toe is flatter and less bulbous. Maybe it's just because I have big feet and just broke them in enough that it reshaped itself but I don't wear clown shoes.
>>
>>12038962
>always thought they were considered "classy" or whatever buzzword people are using nowadays.
wtf OP. also if you're seriously 5'4 i wouldnt get these. boots look weird as fuck on short people
>>
File: cseresznyepiros.jpg (29KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
cseresznyepiros.jpg
29KB, 350x350px
>>12038969
1490 is the best on both males and females.

>>12039014
I got my 2 pairs from an online thrift shop, the black 1490 cost ~34 USD and pic related cost ~40 USD.
>>
>>12038997
>5'4
>>
>>12039018
THATS UGLY
>>
Martens are like Levi's Jeans.
It's THE basic. A pair costs enough to not being cheap shit, but aren't expensive at all.
Martens are good, solid, well made Boots.

They are easy to wear, combine and last long.
>>
>>12038962

Solovair
>>
Docs will always be good my man. Classic look that never goes out of style. Just make sure to get a black and brown pair to cover all your looks. Then just enjoy the world's most comfy boot ever.
>>
>>12040226
Is overpriced shit, NEXT
>>
>>12038962
Get the Lites. They are GOAT. Same classic style but a third of the weight
>>
>>12038962
They're basically the chucks of boots, take that for what it's worth.

>>12038973
>during the winter the rubber sole gets extremely slippery

Also this. Not a good choice for all-purpose outdoor boots. They are comfortable though if you're standing indoors for long periods of time.

If you do get them, I'd recommend spending the extra money for the for-life version, because the regular ones fall apart fast.
>>
File: boots_10_D_black_2.jpg (464KB, 1568x1028px) Image search: [Google]
boots_10_D_black_2.jpg
464KB, 1568x1028px
>>12039078
Thorogoods are probably you're best bet in that price range. Just make sure to get some black laces.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.