[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 36

File: FREDERICMALLE.jpg (206KB, 961x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FREDERICMALLE.jpg
206KB, 961x1200px
LAST THREAD >>11991562

---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1480091168367.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1480091168367.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12028095
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
File: IMG_6589.jpg (107KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6589.jpg
107KB, 300x424px
wtc other than ebay?
>>
>>12027317
If a fragrance is available on fragrancenet or beautyspin I typically buy it there. Even for brands that strongly protect their street pricing such as Dior and Chanel, I buy them online to avoid paying sales tax. With about $6k spent in total between the two sites, I've never been disappointed. The bottles that they sell might be one or two years old, and in the case of a bottle of Chanel Allure Homme Sport that I received, might also be from an overseas market. Also, a few of my Bond bottles have suffered light scuffs during shipment. But the juice is always genuine and in perfect condition.
>>
>>12025252
Oh boy, am I scared of liking this Paco Rabanne fragrance. But I believe I actually do.
Breakdown: first spray notes are somewhat similar to the 1 Million bubblegum vibe. After a minute or so a strong cinnamon appears, overtaking the fragrance and making it lean towards...a little close to Burberry London. Creamy tonka bean is in there, and some very faint tobacco on application compared to what it seemed on the mouillette. Personally, I'm somewhat impressed with how dissimilar this is to 1 Million: I was expecting a 1 Million + Cinnamon frag and got something quite pleasant instead, a nice blend of cinnamon and tobacco. The drydown is quiet-- in fact, the whole fragrance is. Very tame, not loud whatsoever. At the same time, it does smell synthetic and very chemical-like, I can't say this comes close to how you expect real cinnamon or tonka to smell like. The tobacco comes, now, at the drydown, and is complimented by the tonka as the cinnamon fades away. Becomes quite a tobacco dominant frag and, having smelled hookah tobacco before, it does have a similarity to it. Interestingly, the drydown is quite office-scent. Tame and well behaved, not something I'd expect at a club for guys in their early 20s. Sillage is poor since it's overpowered by the citric/soapy smell I have on my other arm right now, having sprayed the same amount. Longevity might be fine but at about an hour of use it's no telling yet.
Overall, I give this a 6.5 on my first on skin test, given that really poor sillage on my skin. The scent is better than I expected, so I won't grade it yet because the surpassed expectations effect may make me score it higher than deserved. I'd say it's a way more mature 1 Million, in a good way. Will try some more throughout the week to make my opinion complete. Not sure if I'd cop it or not, even at a cheap price point, because I have a feeling this is a generic frag, but can't pinpoint why yet.
>>
>>12028043
Having tried this devil, on skin for the male, on mouillette for the female one, I can say only this:
Soapiest most offensive citric frag I've ever smelled. Loud projection, killer longevity, a shame the scent sucks. Or would it be a consequence? Chemically aggressive soapy citric lime and ginger, reminds me of CK One and L'Eau D'Issey in a woefully bad way. As if you picked the synthetic ingredients in them, amplified the syntheticness and made a new frag. The green apple is very feminine in the women's version, and it is equally fake smelling, like an air freshener. Overall, I would stay away from this.
>>
I sampled Valentino Uomo Intense and tried it so far one time and it just smelled like vanilla.

Is my nose fucked?
>>
>>12028782
People say it smells very similar to dior homme intense so smell that
>>
>>12028782
Who knows. I've sampled things on days I guess my nose was slightly congested or fatigued and fallen in love, then tried them again when smelling clearly and smelled no resemblance to what I remembered. Or it could be how the perfume reacts with your skin. Try other things and come back to it sometime
>>
>>12028782
I always get the largest samples I can, a good few ml, for some reason when smelling new frags, I only ever get a single accord the first time, and on subsequent times my nose adjusts and I can smell more and more of the notes
>>
File: 503.jpg (179KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
503.jpg
179KB, 1200x1500px
>be me
>Likes Woody/Fresh fragrances
>Willing to save only up to $75 for fragrance
>Currently using Mont Blanc Individuel
I love Individuel, but I still long for a nice woody scent, and I'm picky about it too.
I'm looking for something that has great performance and silage but also won't kill people with its power. I have no preference of what time of year it be for, as I have Individuel to fall back on.
Any recs?
>>
>>12028974
Obligatory Terre D'Hermes EDP. Bitter orange with vetiver base.
Also many Guerlain frags, for that Guerlinade.
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta for pizzaland woody stuff.
There's a hell of a lot of woody chypres out there. Narrow it down for us with some more ephemera, please? Like age, wardrobe, impressions you want your perfume to cause, specific notes you like...
>>
>>12028782
Always try frags at least three times in different occasions (day vs night then only having that perfume on your skin), for extra certainty do one try or two every week for a month and if not convinced one last try or two some time after. Try to get friendly with the store clerks while at it, works wonders.
>>
Wearing invictus to the club tonight because I want to fuck a girl
Am I doing it right?
>>
>>12029055
No, for two reasons:
1) you can't use a spray to fuck; and
2) you're autistic.
Fuck off.
>>
>>12029055
The only juice with guaranteed results is Cosby pour homme. It has a boozy ghb accord but is quite felonistic so most guys can't pull it off.
>>
>>12029005
Sorry for so little info in the last post.
I usually wear Dark wash jeans and chinos, work and desert boots, flannels and oxfords or other button-ups, etc.
I'm 19 years old
I particularly like most wood scents like cypress, oud, pine, vetiver, etc and then some other notes like bergamot, tonka bean, and cardamom.
I want this to be an "everyday" frag
Like I said, I really want it to have great performance and sileage, but not kill people with the scent
>>
got some samples today
- terre d'hermes
-terre d'hermes parfum
- Tom Ford Tobacco Vanile
- Burberry London
- Dolce Gabanna the one
can't wait to try them on over the week

tested some others, honestly didn't like a lot of the stuff out there. Tried out eaux de baux, it's nice but too much for me, soft but strong.

guess it'll be quite some time before I find a fitting scent.
>>
I had my first encounter with Aventus Guy in the wild today. The culprit was a coworker who had applied it so heavily that you could almost "see" him without looking. Young guy, shaved head with a chin strap beard. Dude recently purchased a bottle because he saw positive reviews online and was shocked that I correctly identified the scent.

We discussed fragrance for a minute and I decided not to show my full power level. Not that I wore Aventus to work frequently, but it is blacklisted from my Monday-Friday rotation now. I'll enjoy it at home and on weekends only.
>>
File: 1.jpg (42KB, 1456x973px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
42KB, 1456x973px
Bought this a couple weeks ago. A little pricy but I really like it. Sickly sweet to start, strong vanilla but the sweetness dries down to a fruity smokey base. Any other anons tried it?
>>
>>12029430
another anon here, I recently tried Occitane Vetyver today, pleasantly surprised. Might be the one you're looking for, or something to throw into rotation
>>
Encre Noire or Encre Noire Sport?

Early 20's white dude, if that helps.
>>
>>12030117
I hear sport is more interesting, and a bit friendlier. I'd definitely test it out, it's on my list too.
>>
>>12028822
>>12028850

>>12028802
>>12029018

Thanks, I'll give it some more tries and compare it with homme intense
>>
Just bought pure havane. What am I in for? Memes?
>>
>>12030410
bretty gud but synthetic cherry tobacco a*men flanker
>>
>>12028782
I own this scent.

It starts off with a huge burst of Iris and then quickly dries down to a vanilla + leather scent. It is quite strong as it is an eau de parfum and 2 sprays to both sides of the neck should give you good performance + projection for 6-8 hours.

100% will recommend.

>>12028802
It does smell similar to DHI but it depends on the formulation. The original DHI has a rich burst of iris that lasts through the whole scent while the newer versions feel more watered down. VUI does have a great Iris opening but after 2 hours the Iris is undetectable.
>>
I need a sterile, synthetic lavender that smells like walking down the cleaning aisle in a grocery store. I get transfixed by this smell for some reason. Would Gris Clair be a good option?
>>
>>12030117
Get Sport.
The original is basically a vetiver soliflower. I really don't think smelling like vetiver alone is interesting. I'm still waiting to find and test EN Sport, but if I were to blind buy, I'd take the risk with sport.
Maybe also try the extreme version.
>>
>>12029430
I'd try a bunch of Guerlain vetivers. The original, the extreme one, L'Homme and L'Homme Eau Boisée, Arsene Lupin Voyou...
Also trying Timbuktu, Wonderwood, He Wood Rocky Mountain wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>12029430
Oh, and Norne. Absolutely try Norne.
No vetiver there, but boy is it forest-y.
>>
I'm looking for a nice scent for night time outings, right now I'm considering sampling D&G The One as well as YSL La Nuit De L'homme. Can somebody give experiences with these scents and recommend others as well? I'm mostly into fresh daytime oriented scents, the sweetest scents I have are Diesel Fuel for Life and Laura Biaggioti Roma Uomo.
>>
>>12031046
La Nuit was GOAT, they had a reformulation a few years ago that watered it down a bit but I still really like it, apparently there was another reformulation in late 2015 that completely ruined it, I couldn't say because I'm still on a bottle from 2014. It's not offensive and douchey like paco rabanne, but it's not overly formal either so it's still fine if you're a casualwear fuckboy in your teens or twenties. I used to be a high school teacher and I had to stop wearing it to school as a daytime scent because the little cunnies kept complimenting me to the point where it got really awkward.
>>
Is Versace good at all? More specfically Versace pour homme Dylan Blue.
>>
>>12030049
>>12030983
>>12030990
Thank you all so much! Gonna cop some samples soon to see which ones I like
>>
anybody have experience with making your own molecule 01 with alcohol and iso e super?
>>
>>12031278
I have acquired three Versace scents over the years (Versace pour Homme, Versace Man, Versace Man Eau Fraiche) and don't wear them anymore. In my mind the house is the definition of unremarkable, low-performance mall scent.

I have no personal experience with Dylan Blue, but I'd spend the $65 asking price on an affordable niche like a L'Artisan Parfumeur scent or a high end designer bottle from Chanel / Dior / Guerlain or even Armani.
>>
>>12030978
Encre Noire's development is plenty interesting on it's own and the Sport was unnecessary meddling with the formula and goes against the whole concept of the original imho. The a L'Extreme is a better option as it's reinvented from the ground up to give a proper twist on the original.
>>
Looking for a new scent. I don't really have a preference but I'll describe my style and see if anyone has a good recommendation.
>male
>22
>6ft
>hairy guy
>short dark brown hair
>green eyes
>currently regrow ingredients beard
> usually dress in sweaters, button down shirts, or suits
>looking for a scent that's not cable but not overpowering
> looking between $75- $100
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Just copped. Love it.
>>
Thoughts on Versace The Dreamer?
>>
Anyone tried Terre d'Hermes Eau Fraiche?
I'm diggin Terre d'hermes.
>>
Looking for scent recs. Lately I've been wearing Roads Past/Presence and La Nuit De L'Homme. Any scents you guys think I would enjoy?
>>
>>12031459
EtF is better than normal TdH. Yeah, I said it. It keeps the bitter orange and wood while being more versatile.
>>
>>12031459
Think more bright and slightly fresh (maybe more astringent). It's a solid scent and performs well for it's lightness. I hate almost anything fresh/aquatic but it's alright. I've only worn it on those hot bright summer days and my tiny decant is running out quickly.
>>
>>12031474
>If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>12031425
I'd recommend a bunch of frags but unfortunately only people over 6ft1 with long black hair and blue eyes can wear those. Oh, and they can't be hairy either.
What is this, your dating app profile?
>>
>>12031444
Nice. Can you break it down for us, anon, please?
>>
>>12031046
Performance on the current La Nuit is terrible. But if it works for you, get that one, it's still a good perfume.
Look up any of the Jeremy Fragrance top 10 perfumes, I really don't understand why to come here and ask for generic frag recommendations. Try a bunch of classics, try a bunch of staples, so you know what kinds of frags you like and can measure things based on them. Do your homework, find the notes you like, etc. Come around once you need specifics. It's boring to write down yet another list with CH Man Prive and Sauvage and Individuel and whatever else and it doesn't contribute to the thread.
>>
>>12031616
>>12031628
awesome thanks guys.
I dont know if it will work with me, despite my liking TDH, apprently my natural oils arent jiving with it that well. Might sample EF and hope for the best.
Any others you could suggest? Maybe alternatives you like and use.
>>
>>12031639
shit sorry

Male, probably sub $100 right now, winter or spring is what i'm looking for, and a casual scent would be really nice. I generally enjoy scents that come off as fresh, or warm. i tend to stay away from very stereotypically "manly" notes like leather, tobacco, and musk but I do love a few woody scents.
>>
Hanging out in Paris / Amsterdam for a few days and thought I'd pick up some frags since they're a bit cheaper here. Ended up copping Byredo Bal D'Afrique for 98 euros and Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme for 120. Did i dun good boys
>>
Alright

Anyone who has tried both Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee and Guerlain Homme Intense please tell me which is better

Which lasts longer, which do you prefer?
>>
>>12032041
You're fine, mate.
Have you ran through the usual suspects? Sauvage, VPH, Allure Homme Sport, Dior Homme Cologne, L'Eau d'Issey, Bleu de Chanel, Invictus Aqua, Acqua Di Gio Profumo...?
>>
>>12032414
yeah, i've sampled most of those in the past, none of them were really my thing. for the most part, i enjoy pretty unusual scents. like my signature in warmer weather is CDG2.
>>
>>12032492
Well, then you'll need to give us what you like other than fresh. Unusual is very nondescript
>>
>>12032497
sure, i enjoy bergamot and other oranges a lot when it comes to fruity notes, and i'm always a sucker for scents that have any aldehydes involved. ink is another note that always interests me, in general a lot of synthetics.
>>
>>12032512
Colonia Assoluta, a bunch of Hermes scents by Ellena... I've no idea what else to suggest. None of these are unusual in any way. Bergamot and oranges are very common in citric stuffs, so I am confused.
>>
>>12032580
Oh! Maybe try some Escentric Molecules scents. That is unusual enough, I think?
>>
>>12032580
thanks! sorry about the confusion, i suppose my best description of my taste is common notes contrasted by something strange. i'm not too good at describing my personal taste.
>>
>>12031046
I really don't recommend buying la nuit unless you can get a 2014 bottle or earlier
>>
>>12031642
I'll give it a shot.
Definitely more a winter than summer scent. I'd recommend African leather also by memo Paris for summer but Irish leather is my absolute favorite right now so also might be biased. There's three or four different levels that I pick up. The first thing you smell is the juniper. Strange but the first whiff reminds me of farenheit by Dior but only for micro second. Next it has a very strong leather smell mixed with green earthy. It sounds stupid but then I get reminded of oud but there isn't any here. The lasting smell is like wearing a brand new leather jacket and standing in the middle of a damp field. This is a very unique and intense smell. The other "leather" smells out there don't come close. You have to try this to really understand it. Worth the money.

Intensity: 9/10
Proximity strength: 5/10
Long lasting: 8/10
>>
I'm actually so excited for Viking, can't wait to see what it smells like
>>
What are your 'go-to' frags?
mines Guerlain l'homme ideal, it's a very safe, pleasant nice scent. It's familiar and non-obtrusive but still interesting.
>>
Recently got 1 million prive
Am I a fuckboy?
>>
>>12028095
Where do you guys go to smell some scents before you buy? I've gone to quite a few stores downtown like Macy's, Sephora, Nordstrom, etc. but none have the scents I'm interested in.

I live in Baltimore btw, so what do I do
>>
>>12033867
For most designer stuff I go either to a chemist or to a department store.
If I can't find it in-store I'll buy samples online.
>>
>>12033867
Which scents / brands are you looking for? Many houses provide lists of authorized retailers on their websites.
>>
have any of you guys tried this? i love linen/clean smells, but ive heard this is like super harsh and synthetic so hoping for some feedback before i cop thanks
>>
>>12033285
If I can't decide, I go with Mulger Cologne. It's safe for anything.
>>
>>12031046
If you can tolerate licorice, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is great for the price.
>>
>>12033867
You don't say what you're after, but if it's niche scents, higher end dept stores like Saks, Barney's, Neiman-Marcus, etc. are your best bets.
>>
Just got ADG profumo
It's a lot different to the original, though the DNA is definitely there especially at the start
I like it a lot so far
>>
>>12031673
Alternatives to TdH or Tres Fraiche? Kind of a hard question given it's one of the most popular frags out there. Depends what kind of direction you want to go in really, either more citrus, wood, vetiver etc.
>>
Can anyone recommend a perfume oil?
>>
>>12034809
I'm not sure what works for me yet. like I like the citrus not it's like something that's almost quintessential to a male fragrance but I do enjoy the idea of smelling like a forest
honestly if they had pinetar cologne I'd wear that
>>
>>12032848
Wonderful, really appreciate it anon. Will get a decant at some point. Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>12034849
They all suck and stain clothes, why you don't want frags?
>>
>>12031673
Vetiver freshness... go for Guerlain L'Homme Eau Boisée. No bitter orange there but... I would say it's somewhat similar?

To the anon wondering between the two Guerlain L'Hommes: haven't sampled both, can't find a decant to easily cop.
>>
>>12034924
I still haven't smelled pine tar so I have little clue, but I've heard it smells smokey and almost burnt like rubber.

For smelling like a forest, look into Slumberhouse Norne (gets mentioned a lot and is expensive, but my absolute favourite). Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles is on my list to try. Commes des Garcons has multiple woodies, maybe something from the Incense series like Avignon would be woody while being smokey or maybe 2 Man. Of course, there's also Encre Noire which is cheap. These are all pretty opposite of TdH, but look into woods/incense/smoke scents for sure if you want to branch out.
>>
>>12034947
I have frags but I prefer oils. I've never seen an oil stain clothes.
>>
>>12035137
Awesome thanks for the recs, haven't heard of a lot of those.
Pinetar smells like a campfire in the woods. Wood, fresh burning smoke, trees. It's wonderful, at least to me haha, but it is quite strong, so hopefully yours recs come close and alot smoother/softer. Will be checking them out for sure.
>>
File: IMG_0045.jpg (164KB, 565x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0045.jpg
164KB, 565x419px
>>12028095

what is the most esoteric, bourgeoisie, nxtlvl fragrance that exists? I want to smell so profoundly that I become uncomfortable, sorry for my English. The closest I can come is Invasion Barbare or Saudi "fragrances" reverse engineered from purchase orders on unsecur'd srvrs. Price is no object.
>>
>>12035265
Ah okay so those above are more woodsy/incense scents, but if you want more smoke/campfire oriented check out:

-Imaginary Authors - A City on Fire
-Comme des Garcons - Black
-CB I Hate Perfume - Burning Leaves (this is just a recommendation for fun, I've seen some heavily divise thoughts)

There's a ton more if you google around for smokey/campfire and read Basenotes & Fragrantica threads, these are mostly just brands I like. I think A City on Fire would be a cool buy, but I still think you should look at Encre Noire because it's cheap and easy to find a sample.
>>
>>12035565
> I think A City on Fire would be a cool buy, but I still think you should look at Encre Noire because it's cheap and easy to find a sample.

defintely will, thanks a ton for the advice and suggestions, appreciate it!
>>
File: nd.3747.jpg (57KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
nd.3747.jpg
57KB, 300x450px
what do people see in this shit? it smells like bubblegum
>>
What are /frag/'s favorite oud fragrances? I know that certain houses (Mancera, Montale) specialize in the style, but are there any best-value type ouds in the $50 range? I'm seeing good prices on 24 Gold Oud editon and Polo Supreme Oud online and am tempted to buy without hunting down tester bottles to try at retail.

Did anyone get a chance to find and sniff some of the fragrances recommended by Arab anon a few threads back?
>>
File: contemplate.gif (498KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
contemplate.gif
498KB, 500x593px
>>12035479
Nautica voyage.
>>
>>12035479
Whale semen
>>
So I'm completely new to fragrance. Thinking the best thing to do to find what I like is buy a couple of samples. http://www.scentsamples.com.au/ willing to spend $60AUD on samples. is this too little too much? how large should the samples be?

What samples should I get?
>>
>>12036905
You should be able to get away with only 1 or 2ml each fragrance, that'll give you a couple wears out of each sample.

Summer is in the full swing of things, so try some typical summer scents but also try some night scents or winter scents just to give your nose something different.
>>
>>12035565
Seriously don't get EN being recommended as a smokey perfume. EN smells like earthy vetiver, nothing like smoke.
>>
>>12036905
Have you gone to dept stores to try the usual designer frags?
>>
>tfw just blind ordered Hanae Mori HM
Is the internet right about it smelling like l'eau d'issey?
>>
>>12030410
Its fuckin delicious bruh
>>
Have you guys tried anyof the Rasasi fragrances? Some of those are supposed to be hidden gems.
>>
>>12036981
EN smells like lots of things to different people. You don't smell the smoke in it, but some other people, myself included, do. Mind you it's not prominent as the earthy vetiver that dominates in it and I only sense it on lower temperatures so mainly when I'm outdoors during the winter, but it's definitely there.

Anyway there's no harm in trying it as a tester can be found in most department stores, though I doubt anon will end up liking it as he asked for a softer scent.
>>
burberry london for men is pretty top tier, one spray is all that's needed for that soft cinnamon and subtle tobacco.
decent silage and projection too. Seems like a nice choice for fall, and hopefully for winter too
>>
>>12037221
Maybe the opening is a bit similar but HM is definitely more of a lemon/vanilla gourmand, definitely nowhere near as fresh as l'eau d'issey, very sweet and more suited for fall/winter
>>
File: 63369m.jpg (29KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
63369m.jpg
29KB, 600x526px
GOAT fresh scent. Creed fans are mad
>>
Im a dude, and I want to smell like a forest.
I love all woods notes, leather, bergamot, and cardamom
Price must be sub-$100
My only other condition is that it be long lasting and project well. Any recs would be absolutely wonderful
>>
>>12038358
That's not VPH.

>>12038368
CDG Wonderwood or Dsquared Rocky Mountain Wood. There's Encre Noire too if you're a turbo poorfag, but that's more green and dirty than woody.
>>
>>12038376
I would've posted VPH as I love it as well but I recently wore it to the gym and some lady told me I smelled like her husband (she said it wasn't a bad thing). I'd rather smell more unique and I've never smelled anybody else wearing Chrome Legend.
>>
>>12038358
tdh tres fraiche for the 30 minutes it lasts
>>
I'm looking for a heavy leathery fragrance that makes me smell like i'm a cool motorcycle riding dude , are there any good ones that smell like that?
>>
>>12038531
ch men prive is all whiskey and leather to me
>>
>>12038538
thank you i will try to find a sample of it
>>
>>12038376
>>12038463
Wonderwood smells a bit like sweat too
>>
>>12034313
If clean is what you're looking for, Prada Infusion d'homme and Prada Amber might be some that you should sample.
>>
>>12036905
Hit up Macy's, the Bay, Nordstrom, Sephora or whatever department store you feel like and ask to sample what they have. Not too hard.
>>
Opinions on Invasion Barbare?
>>
Bel Ami or Bel Ami Vetiver?
>>
>>12034415
I picked this up specifically because I dig licorice, but there's not a hint of it for me. Greenery dominates the first hour on my skin, followed by almond. Don't like either, so now I've got this cute 5ml box/bottle to remind me why I never buy blind.
>>
>>12035826
I like It my brother and a friend of mine wear it and it smells like a nice sweet potato pie. I'd never buy it tho
>>
>>12036905
Assuming you can't make it to a store to try their testers, a good sample size is 2ml. You could get by with 1ml, but 2 is better because one spray is ~0.1ml, enough to get an idea of a frag, but to truly "wear" it, requires an average of 3-4 sprays, and to truly get to know a frag requires multiple wearings. You want to see how it performs on your skin: how long it lasts, how much it projects, how it develops. This is probably a lot to absorb, but like anything, familiarity comes with exposure and time. Read the FAQs in the links in the OP and keep sampling.
>>
>>12038368
Polo, ideally vintage. Also well worth trying are the discontinued Modern Reserve and Crest flankers.
>>
>>12038531
Fahrenheit.
>>
>>12039167
Strange. It's an anise dominant frag for me. Also try Azzaro pH and Body Kouros.
>>
>>12038368
L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake
>>
File: IMG_6597.jpg (120KB, 607x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6597.jpg
120KB, 607x800px
>>
File: IMG_6608.jpg (407KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6608.jpg
407KB, 1240x1754px
Bottle design of the year?
>>
File: IMG_6609.jpg (109KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6609.jpg
109KB, 800x1199px
>>12039454
>>
best/suggestions for spring-summer scent? Or a versatile one at that?

I'm not a fan of VPH, but I do like a hint of citrus, any suggestions?
>>
>>12039455
Fuckin dope but what does it even smell like? Neiman Marcus is the only place that carries it but they don't even have a scent description..
>>
>>12039561
Who knows. Fragrantica had notes, the usual suppliers are offering samples. Just watch the vids and bask in the pretentiousness: www.starckparfums.com
>>
is black fluid by lady gaga any good

also im looking for a fragrance that smells like gasoline and drain cleaner, any recs??
>>
>>12039530
bulgari aqua amara
>>
>>12039674
Use actual gas. Performance beats any perfume. Just don't apply to skin
>>
>>12037304
I own La Yuqawam pour Homme, La Yuqawam Tobacco Blaze, and Al Wisam Day. LYpH is one the best known Tuscan Leather clones, while Al Wisam Day is a Silver Mountain Water alternative. I am not sure what Tobacco Blaze is meant to clone, or whether it is an original creation. To my nose, TB is an impression of apricot hookah tobacco.

The La Yuqawam series are high quality perfumes with strong performance and extreme longevity. I can smell Tobacco Blaze on worn clothing for up to 5 days after use. AWD compares to Creed SMW in terms of performance (I have bottles of both), lasting for 5-6 hours in my experience. Composition-wise, I give Creed edge. AWD features a rose note that is not present in SMW, making the whole perfume feel a bit more middle eastern. I enjoy rose perfumes very much, but in AWD the rose makes the overall blend feel lower rent. Not cheap, just not as deluxe as SMW.

I'm interested in trying other Rasasi perfumes. Based on research and price points, I'll probably order Rumz Al Rasasi Zebra and Crocodile, as well as Daarej. Faqat Lil Rijal looks interesting, but I have too many oud perfumes already.
>>
>>12039530
Terre De Hermes
One of those John Varvatos fragrances with the wicker wrapped bottle (can't remember which one I really liked though)
Versace Eau Fraiche (Like VPH, but a little more "grown up")
Creed Virgin Island Water
Allure Homme Sport

While lacking in citrus notes, I personally find Odeur 53 to be my favorite warm weather fragrance. Everything about it just makes me feel like a breeze of clean air when I'm wearing it with a linen shirt and shorts.
>>
New to fragrances, asking for a recommendation

Male, 22, looking for something i can wear daily, priced around 100$ (more or less), i'm an academic (maths PhD), so i'd like something that feels sophisticated/warm (?)
>>
whats the best douchebag fragrance after 1 million?
>>
>>12040163
a cheeky Axe bodyspray Excite + Creed Aventus combo

though 1 million is deffo #1 by far
>>
>>12040245

is creed aventus any good?
>>
File: 71OIuA7KhgL._SY679_.jpg (21KB, 242x679px) Image search: [Google]
71OIuA7KhgL._SY679_.jpg
21KB, 242x679px
>>12028095
So I have pretty much no knowledge of fragrances.

I'm a male that wants something with a subtle smell that works for a cold winter.

Only cologne I ever used was pic related. I'd prefer something "smoother" or "sweeter", if that makes sense.
>>
>>12039530

look>>12038358
>>
>>12040420
I'd like more ephemera but as much as people may crucify me for this I'll suggest Chanel Egoiste.
>>
Has the meme gone too far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrDkL3LKKr0
>>
File: rasasi shill.png (69KB, 986x483px) Image search: [Google]
rasasi shill.png
69KB, 986x483px
>>12037304
>>12039788
Fuck it, I'll find out about these three soon enough and report back next thread
>>
>>12040792
>Being proud of having full bottles
>Attempts to claim it's about quality not quantity while boasting about the number of bottles he has

Why is this a thing? Who is this faggot anyway?
>>
>>12040804
I have about 100 full bottles now. It's just another way to enjoy this hobby along with your splits and decant trading, sampling, and so forth. I share juice with friends and family, trade with other collectors, and sniff / appreciate the beauty of my bottle collection from time to time.

Jeremy is just a YouTube fragrance douche who popularizes marginal scents through the promise that they will get you laid. He likely gets comped most of those fragrances by his business partners. I don't hate guy for making money out of his hobby though.
>>
Is d&g the one EDP a safe enough blind buy for a Christmas gift?
>>
>>12040163
Drakkar Noir.
>>
>>12040981
Yeah. It's a nice warm and spicy fragrance that's hard to dislike.
>>
>>12041054
This is like the grand daddy of douchebag frags.
>>
>>12040981
its good
>>
>>12040849
His recommendations are fine, though, for those just beginning. He never suggested something completely retarded (aside from, arguably, Dior Sauvage) so he's alright. Saves us the trouble of listing the same designer frags over and over.
>>
>>12040981
For yourself or for someone else?
I'd say frags as a gift is very risky. Thread with caution.
>>
>>12041340
it's for my dad, he mentioned he needed some new cologne
>>
Does anyone here have Narciso Rodriguez for Him and/or for Him Intense?

Which would you recommend?
>>
>>12040060
Doir homme or one of its flankers. They're sophisticated, warm and some of the best frags around
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrDkL3LKKr0

>tfw you will never have this collection
>>
>>12040614
Not the dude you're replying to, but why would people crucify you for suggesting Egoiste? Just curious is all, especially considering Chanel doesn't seem to be mentioned around these parts too much relative to other scents.
>>
how long does it take you to go through a bottle on heavy rotation 75-100ml?
>>
yo, I'm a guy, just want to smell like subtle cinammon without the sweetness, any reccs senpai? price range is anything. preferably higher quality
>>
>>12042511
Atomizers average about 0.1ml/spray. You can do the math from there.
>>
>>12040797
doing gods work
>>
File: 1478831890745.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478831890745.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>12040797
Bless you.
>>
anyone try imaginary authors? thinking about coping Cape Heartache
>>
>>12042477
Cause it's a hate it or love it perfume and I think most of /frag/ hates it.
>>
File: o.18968.jpg (109KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
o.18968.jpg
109KB, 500x376px
Anyone have experience with pic related? It's on super discount at beautyspin ($35) and I'm tempted to cop it as I'm in an Arabic sort of mood this winter.
>>
>>12042477
>why would people crucify you for suggesting Egoiste?
>>12043688
>Cause it's a hate it or love it perfume
It's one of the highest ranked frags on BN. Not seeing much hate for it. It's not an instant love for many, myself included, but once I got to know it, I now consider it one of the greatest ever created.
>>
>>12044015
No clue, just know that in some threads past /frag/ was saying it was a terrible cop.
>>
File: 1449970280021.jpg (973KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1449970280021.jpg
973KB, 1200x1500px
Is Jeremy Fragrance a meme, friend told me about him but I just want to make sure he gives good advice
>>
>>12044456
He's pretty okay and gives good beginner's recommendations, but his audience are mostly horny teens, so most of his videos end up being "Top 10 cheap pantydroppers with ratings by a REAL LIFE GIRL". This means he rarely goes out of that zone to show more interesting stuff, both designer and niche.
>>
>>12031311
I did, and when I first met my girlfriend she said one of the first things she noticed about me was how good I smelled

To her it smells like baby powder on me
>>
File: 61tMfgP6S3L._SL1500_.jpg (125KB, 1500x1157px) Image search: [Google]
61tMfgP6S3L._SL1500_.jpg
125KB, 1500x1157px
>>12044477
Is this one okay? Saw it on his list but the girls reaction seems to contradict what she said.
>>
>>12044456
Nah, you just need to know what he is.

He's got a legitimate passion for the hobby, but people fail to realize at times who he's making vids for. It's not for pomptious, holier-than-thou snobs. It's for teens and young adults who just want to smell good. And there's no overly-analytical, retarded shit to cut it out.

Does this smell good to girls? Does this not smell good to girls? That's the basic gist of his channel and he sticks to it and to critique him on that is unfair.

so whatever
>>
>>12044477
Jeremy only suggests fragrances to get compliments -- he even states this many times.

He will sometimes review niche frags, but it's always with the end goal of which garners the most compliments.
>>
>>12038882

Gorgeous scent with great performance. Wear it during warmer weather. Be cool/confident enough to wear something that may not come off as "masculine" at first whiff to normies who aren't used to fougeres on men (mostly because of its floral notes). Smell it, love it, and if you have the guap, get the bottle with the bust.
>>
>>12044456
If you wear fragrances based solely on how others will react (not that that's a bad thing) then he's your guy.
He literally said in one of his videos that he'd smear shit on himself if everyone else except him liked the smell of it – he rates frags primarily on positive reactions from others (i.e. women).

However it's important to note that, being the particular fellow he is, the sort of women that he typically associates with aren't necessarily the kind of women that you or the average person typically associate with. As such their tastes will vary. Just something to consider. But generally Jeremy's pretty alright.
>>
>>12044456
I check him out and drakdoc
jeremy comes across as a douche sometimes and, I don't always agree with his opinion, some of the girls on his vids are dumb as nails , but hey like the others are saying it's about what those girls like

guy dresses well and goes to parties- idk what his real job is
drak doc is pretty good, detailed, thorough, enjoyable enough. I like him more than jeremy cause of that.
>>
>>12040163
aqua di gio
>>
>>12040279
Yes, it is. A lot of people here hate on it because its a niche frag that has achieved widespread acclaim and publicity. And granted the branding certainly comes off as a bit pretentious (the whole Napoleonic background pushed by Creed). But it's successful for a good reason.

For me, if I were to imagine one fragrance to embody the world of men's fragrances, it would be Aventus or something very much like it. Sounds cheesy, but that's how I feel. When I first smelled it, it smelled familiar, but not in a bad generic sort of way.

Rather, it's what I imagined a great men's fragrance would smell like. Like when you see an appealing dish, and you can imagine how delicious it is, and when you finally do taste it, it meets all of your expectations. That was my experience with Aventus anyway. The notes create something that is about as masculine as a frag can get with being too try-hard.

It smells original and contemporary, while also being classic and timeless at the same time. Buy a sample yourself and see if you like it.
>>
>>12039829
Think that's varvatos artisan. I really like how it smells imo. Smells exactly like the Jason Mark Shoe cleaner.
>>
File: bill-cosby-face.jpg (56KB, 1000x530px) Image search: [Google]
bill-cosby-face.jpg
56KB, 1000x530px
>>12029151
>>
>>12044773
Seconding the love for dracdoc
>>
File: 14291026296137.jpg (143KB, 1084x800px) Image search: [Google]
14291026296137.jpg
143KB, 1084x800px
I wonder what you guys think of Narcisso Rodriguez for him? Some say, it's modern fahrenheit, I have mixed feelins for it.
>>
does anyone know of a scent thats 'cold' ?
Like I want something that reminds of the cold crisp winter air. If that makes sense.
>>
>>12048270
>Demeter - Snow
>Demeter - Frozen Pond
>CB I Hate Perfume - Walking in the Air
>CB I Hate Perfume - Winter 1972
>>
>>12048293
I've tried demeter-mountain air
it's alright? but nothing feels like stepping out of your house and feeling that crispness- it's otherworldly and I know I'm asking a lot, but man if that could be encapsulated into a scent, mercy me, I'd be done.
>>
>>12048270
Odeur 53 smells like a cold server room.
>>
>>12048270
Straight up "snow" scents are ozonic/boring to me so here are some with a "cold air" feel to them:

Frederic Malle - L'Eau d'Hiver
Creed - Silver Mountain Water
Creed - Himalaya
Serge Lutens - L'Eau Froide
CDG - Incense Zagorsk
Sonoma Scent Studio - Winter Woods
and maybe YSL - Body Kouros if you're on a budget and not looking for anything "too out there"
>>
File: nd.6697.jpg (22KB, 300x385px) Image search: [Google]
nd.6697.jpg
22KB, 300x385px
>>12028095
opinions on pic related?
>>
>>12049101
A perfect office scent, basically. You will smell clean.
>>
>>12041452
>>12041340

the one is probably the safest blind buy you can make.

anyone who doesn't like it isn't worth knowing senpai
>>
>>12038655
thankyou!
>>
File: set.png (124KB, 759x328px) Image search: [Google]
set.png
124KB, 759x328px
how are comme des garcons? is this 3 x 9ml set worth it for 20 bucks as a blind buy?
>>
I just bought a bunch of essential oils.
Sandalwood, bergamot, etc. Mostly woods and citrus scents.
Anyone here have experience making DIY cologne?

>>12048270
You'll want something with pine, peppermint, spearmint, aniseed, etc. Maybe bitter lime.
>>
>>12049673
any suggestions of something that has those notes in it?
and DIY fragrance is something I've considered but at a later point
>>
>>12049877
Couldn't say. Most cool colognes aim at being fresh rather than cold.

I guess you could add tarragon to that list. Basically you want a mint-liquorice-pine sap sort of mix.

Fragrantica and basenotes list aromatics, so you can probably just open a hundred tabs and browse. The reviews will clear things up if you're not sure of some of the aromatic names.
>>
File: Thunderstorm-30_grande.jpg (22KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderstorm-30_grande.jpg
22KB, 563x600px
Recommend an aftershave/balm that smells of petrichor
>>
>>12049877
Other people gave you real suggestions and this guy just gave you a vague idea and you respondesm
>>
>>12049949
How is listing explicitly cool aromatics vague?

It's the opposite of vague.

Vague means: something without details.
Not understanding the details doesn't mean they aren't there. Being half blind does not make a crisp photograph "blurry."
>>
tfw bought a bottle of YSL la nuit and it smells completely different then the last one I had

fucking reformulations
>>
>>12049992
>fucking reformulations
this is what's killing me, all these 'classic, iconic' scents that have gotten such high praise are worth not really considering with the same weight due to the reformulations.
Gotta get lucky and hope for the original stuff
>>
>>12049992
Yeah but it's for the better this time.
>>
>>12047110
Did you try it? How was it?
>>
>>12049992
I have a bottle that's spicy as hell, and another that is a lot less spicy,but more soft.
>>
>>12050042
>>12050115
>>12050002
how do I tell what year it was made? I have the bottle with a lot of text on the sticker on the bottom
>>
>>12050245
should have a batch number with the details on the bottom saying the year and the like
>>
>>12050294
there is a bunch of shit but no year
>>
>>12050294
fuck, the old one I had was from 2013 and this one is 2016

it doesn't smell alike at all, and I got talked into paying more for this bottle, too
>>
>>12050322
What time in 2016? Cause there was a 2013 and 2015 reformulation which screwed it up.

Buuuut there is a rumor that they reformulated la nuit again mid-2016 to be better than the 2015 reformulation. Just a rumor though.
>>
>>12050329
march, both bottles
>>
>>12050308
Then it's a batch code somewhere on the bottle and/or the box. You can google exactly where it's located, what it looks like and where to input it to get the age.
>>
>>12050308
shit, maybe it's the box then.
noticed i dont have the years on mine either.
>>
>>12050329
Why even bother with reformulated fragrance? When a scent gets changed, it's time to move on. Every single wear will be a disappointment otherwise.
>>
>>12050334
I think 2016 smells pretty good, mine is from july.
>>
>>12049658
Wonderwood, 2Man, and Odeur 53 are instant nuts for me.
Yet to try any of their other stuff though.
>>
>>12049992
Thanks EU.
>>
>>12049101
The opening and how it smells up close are perfect. Amazing summer scent for daily or office wear. But I find at a distance or after drying down it loses it citrus-vetiver character, becomes very floral, almost feminine to me.
>>
ANYONE HAVE L'EAU BOISEE?

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?
>>
Anyone buy from Notino before? Was it legit?
>>
>>12051623
Bought it months ago. Barely use it. It's got the mojito sweetness of original Guerlain Homme, but overlaid with Vetiver. It strikes me as a dad frag, honestly. I'm in my mid thirties and feel like L'Eau Boisée is too stuffy for me.

>>12051637
Notino / Beautyspin are legit. See >>12028146
>>
who here enjoys D&G the one?
It's pretty nice, idk if it's for me, cause of my oils, but it's definetly good stuff
>>
>>12050105
It's dark man. I get that wet sidewalk refference. Really good on the one hand, on the other I feel like there's more to it then I can smell. I mean, some say it's revolutionary fragrance like Fahrenheit or Kenzo Pour Homme once was but those were really inteligent compositions, and I as for now, I can't agree. It's just dark and "industrial" I'd say, nothing more to it. Grey bottle fits perfectly.
>>
god damn encre noire smells so much better when you dont overspray it

1 spray is enough desu
>>
>>12049937
Demeter sells their scents in body lotions
>>
>>12052411
>>12028146
I was curious about this, because I see both Fragrancenet and Notino/Beutyspin list 6oz bottles of AdG Profumo on their sites. But the largest size I see listed on any of Armani's websites or in stores is the 4oz version. Wondering if I can trust it...
>>
>>12047110
I own a bottle and have worn it at home on numerous occasions. I can tell it's well composed, but I just can't muster up the enthusiasm I see others display, and wear it out of the house. Perhaps it just doesn't get cold enough in LA to make it truly appropriate. I get the petrichor note and oddly some smoky vetiver. It is a great patchouli, however.
>>
Trying to find a everyday scent.
Male, 25 YO, and looking for something dark and moody for the winter season. I wear draping black clothes and really want to bring it together.
Would CDG Blackpepper fulfill it?
>>
File: 416IPIIYzbL._AC_SL230_.jpg (8KB, 229x230px) Image search: [Google]
416IPIIYzbL._AC_SL230_.jpg
8KB, 229x230px
Has anyone tried pic related?
>>
budget spring frags?
not nautica or VPH
>>
>>12035826
it smells like that shitty perfume that old ladies wear
>>
What kind of scents are casual and masculine? Something to go with jeans, shoes, and a flannel.
>>
tips for a more mature scent? nothing super mature I still wear sneakers and shit but I bought versace eros and it seriously smells like axe
>>
>>12054353
montblanc legend, guerlain, l'occitane, D&G, Dior

you've got options, versace is college level
>>
>>12054351
Seven million scents. Burb London if you want to go literal.
>>
>>12054355
I actually have mont blanc legend and its my favorite. Anything similar or a recommended based on?
>>
>>12054369
from what I've read legend is similar to abercrombie &fitch fierce, also chanel egoiste platinum
I'd also recommend dior homme eau and dior homme sport, browse around
>>
File: IMG_0671.jpg (30KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0671.jpg
30KB, 600x358px
Opinions on blv?
>>
>>12054228
Bought a bottle from eBay. Besides the "smoky" birch note, it's not close to Aventus (I've purchased two bottles of the real thing). I find the opening to be very much about lemon, and I never smell any blackcurrant or pineapple at any point throughout the development. Some folks say CDNIM is meant to be like the old, "smoky" batches of Aventus rather than the "fruity" pineapple batches, but I chalk that up to inexperience and naivete. Not recommended.

I am >>12040797 and Rasasi Zebra is supposed to be similar to Aventus. I am optimistic because Rasasi have a decent track record with smart clones and strong performance (the lingering scent of Tobacco Blaze dominates my frag cabinet for a week after use). Will let you know how Zebra works out early next week.
>>
>>12054351
Fresh things normally fit that bill
>>
>>12054846
suggestions?
>>
>>12050366

enter the batch code here

http://www.checkfresh.com/
>>
>>12034849
sultan pasha
>>12034947
you're retarded
>>
>>12045018
people hate it cus it's overpriced and overrated
>>
Alright /fa/ give it to me straight.
What would you recommend a guy for during autumn/winter?

>guy
>20
>about 50 eurobucks maximum, I don't want to dump too much into something I'm not sure I'll like in the first place (considering it's my first frag)

The big chart in the first post is great, but considering I know fuck-all it doesn't really tell me that much.
Anything that you'd recommend?
>>
Recommend ya boi something.
25 y/o male. Young professional.
Fall/winter suitable scent.
<$100 price range
Have access to stores in nyc
Currently using wonderwood. Need something less musky.
Went to acne store recently and fragrance inside was something I liked. I'm bad at describing so can't really describe the smell specifically.

Hope you lads can help your boi out.
>>
looking for a sophisticated amber scent, someone said Chergui, but it was too expensive
>>
>>12055355
when looking at legit sources
>>
>>12055319
L
..O
.....N
........D
...........O
..............N
>>
>>12056291
Is that a recommendation or a /fit/ mating call?

[spoiler]I said give it to me straight, not give it to me gay[/spoiler]
>>
>>12056307
>>
>>12056311
Thanks mate
>>
>>12055337
First of all, you're not our "boi". Cut the douche-baggery and ask for a recommendation as though you're anything but the white trash/nigger filth I know you are

Secondly, try burberry london, lolita l'empicka au masculin, blvgari man in black, lalique encre noire, slumberhouse jeke and dior homme + flankers
>>
Anyone else nauseated by wood notes? I tried Wonderwood and felt sick. Now I'm wearing Parfums de Marly Hamdani and the guaiac wood note is doing the same thing. Seems like a strange thing to make me nauseous.
>>
>>12036604
I just blind bought Nautica Voyage.
It's summer where I live and I need something light and fresh for the coming months.
Will I love it?
>>
>>12028095
is l'eau d'issey a good scent for women? thinking of getting it for my sister
>>
>>12029582
give versace the dreamer a crack if you're into the latter half of that list
>>
>>12057802
yeah its good
>>
>>12057827
okay awesome, thanks anon!
>>
File: kyoto.jpg (36KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
kyoto.jpg
36KB, 300x400px
Anyone have any experience with Incense: Kyoto by CDG parfum? Considering getting it for the gf for christmas but wondering if there's any better alternatives in that spicy/woody realm
>>
File: o.40697.jpg (101KB, 960x1208px) Image search: [Google]
o.40697.jpg
101KB, 960x1208px
just got me this for 20% off i like it
>>
>>12057780
Cant say, but its pretty decent and gets compliments believe it or not
>>
I have a small collection of

Terre D'Hermes
Eau Sauvage
Armani Code Profumo
YSL d'meme
Hugo Boss The Scent

Which should I wear to my work Christmas do?
>>
At the risk of sounding like a 14 year old, what scents do women respond well to?
>>
>>12058173
Profumo
>>
>>12057998
It's very incensey. I wouldn't get it for her unless she definitely would like smelling like incense. I'll try it out again tonight if I remember and give you some better thoughts on it.
>>
>>12058199
Just watch Jeremy Fragrance's videos.
>>
File: 1475463136301.jpg (15KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1475463136301.jpg
15KB, 217x190px
>>12053084
I fucking love The One.
>>
>>12058606
But he is so autistic.
>>12058199
Watch Dracdoc
>>
/fa/ I want your opinion on Dior Homme Parfum
I'm looking at buying it, but wondered what the general concensus of it on this board was.
>>
I'm about to buy Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Should I get the Eau de Parfume, or the cheaper Eau de Toilette version?

What is different between them?
>>
Anybody here tried D.R. Harris & Co. toilet waters (that's right I said it)? Looking to sample some in anticipation of buying a spring/summer fragrance, but unfortunately can't find decants.
>>
>>12058199
From "the thread" on BN...

More recent: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212334-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments/page252?p=3728420&highlight=tally#post3728420

Older but bigger list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vD5WblvIPa1yw3lGJcEC2tQib6JVZupPZVyYyWPBB0s/edit#gid=0
>>
>>12057998
don't blind buy a fragrance, especially not for someone else you fucking retard
>>
>>12059759
Eh, some people are really non-critical. I could buy my sister most things as long as it wasn't too out there and she would just say "it's nice" and proceed to wear it.
>>
>>12059759
I'll have a chance to smell it in a few days - not buying it blind. Was only wondering if people had any recommendations for fragrances that set out to do what Kyoto does but are better/cheaper
>>
What will make me smell like a forest?
>>
File: 62000072cd_14_f.jpg (606KB, 1571x1228px) Image search: [Google]
62000072cd_14_f.jpg
606KB, 1571x1228px
>>12059897
Rocky Mountain Wood, Encre Noire, Wonderwood
>>
>>12059897
Do you want to smell more woody or more green/mossy?
>>
File: 1466841079019.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466841079019.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>12059759
>being so pleb you can't even conceptualize a frag's smell based on descriptions and reviews
>>
>>12059907
Thank you, I'll look into sampling these.

>>12059911
Either one works, may I ask for an example of both? Thank you!
>>
>>12059940
yeah no, you can't do this.
>>
>>12059897
margiela, soul of the forest
>>
>>12059897
L'eau Bleue d'Issey Miyake
>>
>>12059897
What kind of forest?
>>
>>12059440
my man, I'm trying to figure out what I like, and it's definitely impressive.
>>
I've started wearing women's fragrances since I just wanna change it up for summer. Prada d'iris (though I firmly believe this is a unisex fragrance) and Burberry London have been perfect.
>>
>>12059897
norne, cape heartland, winter woods
>>
>>12060520
cape heartache* woops
>>
>>12059480
Anyone?
>>
h,
>>
>>12061892
I do 2-5 sprays, depending on frag, atomizer, occasion, etc. Most frags 3-4 sprays. 1-2 on chest, 1 on back of neck, 1-2 on forearm(s). Avoid proximity to nose, i.e. face/front of neck, to prevent olfactory fatigue. Under clothing mutes projection. On hair/clothing holds on to top notes longer.

Best to test application in more casual situations and best to ask others about projection, rather than rely on your own nose. And always err on the side of caution if unsure in more important occasions.
>>
>>12051623
Guerlain Vetiver + L'Homme. More citric, some more pronounced woods, quite the office frag, but in a bad, stereotypical way. It is a pass.
>>
>>12028095
>>12063717
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.