[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody actually notice or care about the brands you wear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: static1.squarespace.jpg (128KB, 705x515px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
128KB, 705x515px
Does anybody actually notice or care about the brands you wear? I mean, as long as it looks reasonable....

Never had ANYONE comment on a brand, but general comments like "looking good" or "nice shirt" are common.

Maybe my friends aren't materialistic enough
>>
>not being a materialist
Smh idealist
>>
>>12007609
Usually just people on the street asking if my stuff is real or asking to hold it/touch it/examine it.

Usually just strangers
>>
>>12007619
>Letting strangers touch your clothes
>>
>>12007629
Why not, I can buy another jacket... they're.never going to be able to afford that jacket let them live a little

Maybe if more people got to wear some of my shit

You would hear less stupid shit like "doc martens are good quality I'll tel you what"
>>
>>12007609
no because brand recognition is for hypebeasts, normies, and arabs
>>
not often, an old gay coworker would comment when I wore Thom Browne because he was a fan and Thom Browne stuff is pretty obvious
>>
>>12007638
how did your family come to wealth?
>>
>>12007609

The more visible the branding like logos and trademarks and shit, the tackier and more lame and loserish you look.

Like goochie, louie mutton, etc labels pasted on the product

You should be able to tell real fine quality leather shoes from pu or bonded steve maddens or a well tailored wool blazer from a haphazardly put together polyester one just by looking at it

People do notice quality, but price and branding do not exactly correlate with quality
>>
I don't care about brands that much. I care about quality and design.
If I could find a zara/h&m/uniqlo that did Craig Green/Yohji/A1923 ripoffs with good stitching and good materials (basically pay for labor+materials and not the brand or design), I would just buy from them.
Problem is zara/h&m mostly rip off rick, ackerman and slp which I'm not that interested in and in the rare case they come up with something I do like (H&M's DIVIDED collection last year was a shameless ripoff of Ria Dunn), the materials and construction are pretty bad.
>>
>>12007609
I hate the idea of advertising for something i paid for.
>>
>>12007823
>>12007879
This. Unless you full on decide that's your style like nuggets do for their ghetto culture fashion, being a walking bilboard is fucking stupid and looms like shit.

I only buy brands that either don't display a visible logo, or do so in a tasteful way.
>>
>>12008634
yeah i cant tell you how many times i hear dudes talking about different brands in the ghetto streetwear scene. bragging about jordans and their gucci belt.
but they dont really care about people who arent part of that culture and only really rip on each other.
>>
>>12007609
Girls say I have a nice style, but yeah most people don't even care about the brand as long as it looks gud
>>
>>12007619
What is it that you wear that makes people walk up to you and ask to touch it lmao
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.