[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me Modern Streetwear isn't just a glorified retake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1990s-womens-fashion.jpg (38KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1990s-womens-fashion.jpg
38KB, 600x300px
Prove to me Modern Streetwear isn't just a glorified retake on 90's ugly fashion with some homeless chic influence.
>>
>>11998404
why does it matter
/sage
>>
>>11998411
Because the elitism in streetwear is killing fashion.
>>
File: 0072.jpg (420KB, 2552x3600px) Image search: [Google]
0072.jpg
420KB, 2552x3600px
I don't think you really thought out your question too well
>>
>>11998445
That's not streetwear.
>>
File: 0052.jpg (481KB, 2552x3600px) Image search: [Google]
0052.jpg
481KB, 2552x3600px
>>11998449
not everybody conforms to the hypebeast formula, man
>>
>>11998460
this so much
>>
>>11998414
What elitism? It's the most civil scene there is in fashion. It's the people who dislike streetwear who are the elitists.
>>
>>11998478
maybe in your circle of friends, yeah
but it's quite toxic in most places
>>
>>11998460
That's Japanese streetwear. Different from the US.
>>
>>11998445
wtf is that shit? a loose tie with a parka? just add some #menswear and its 2012 again ffs
>>
>>11998483
How? Just because everyone dresses the same doesn't mean it's elitist.

>>11998485
They're both streetwear, you fucking reprobate. Maybe you should have specified in your original post instead of moving the goalposts when someone calls you out.
>>
>>11998489
Thanks for proving my point. Streetwear is Cancer to FASHION.
>>
>>11998404
>prove me that americana isn't just a glorified retake on the early 20th century poor people's clothes
>prove me that skate fashion isn't just a glorified retake on the late 90s baggy clothes
>prove me that SLP isn't just a glorified retake on the 70 and 80's crazy designer and druggie rockstars

We could be like this all day OP, you just have to stop giving a fuck about what it is and what it isnt and start wearing what you fucking want.
>>
>>11998485
honestly dude, what you consider "american streetwear" is just a watered down version of the scenes from China and Japan
if you think back to when streetwear blew up in 08, the big blogs and sites were from China (and the guys who ran Hypebeast DECIDED which brands were worth pushing, not the other way around)
and we just ate it up

that's at least my interpretation
>>
>>11998493
What? How did I prove your point?
>>
>>11998460
This is entirely correct
>>
>>11998404
90s revival you fucking idiot, ofc it's just some 90s shit how stupid are you?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.