[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ is there a difference between a strong jawline and a defined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1476218466478.jpg (20KB, 307x306px) Image search: [Google]
1476218466478.jpg
20KB, 307x306px
/fa/ is there a difference between a strong jawline and a defined jawline

Some people have a small jaw but it looks sharp and defined because of low facial fat. Lots of grils are like this.

Others have a big jaw but it may not look as defined because of more facial fat. Lots of guys are like this

So is there a difference between those terms
>>
>>11970270
you already answered your question
>>
>>11970304
Then why does everyone use the terms interchangeably
>>
>>11970270
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>11970341
Read the post you fucking queer
>>
>tfw decent jaw
>good angle
>my neck is wide as fuck despite being skinny so it looks more narrow than it is

t. hanks
>>
>>11970501
Same

How do we fix this
>>
>>11970517
I have no idea.

>tfw I also have large trapezius muscles which fucks up shirts and pushes the collar of my overcoat up into the back of my head

I'm not buff in the least.
>>
File: 1476290153119.jpg (216KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1476290153119.jpg
216KB, 1024x576px
>>11970534
I do the mewing technique and try to make my jaw look as strong as possible.
>>
>>11970501
Whenever I zip up my coat or wear a hood or something that covers up my wide neck, my jaw looks nice and strong.

But it's not practical to do that all the time.
>>
>>11970517
Turtlenecks help I guess
>>
>>11970545
"Mewing" won't do shit to your mandible. If you're post-puberty with a shit tier gonial angle and a retruded mandible you're better off just getting jaw surgery.

The only thing "mewing" will do to a grown person is to fix slight asymmetries, widen and bring the midface forward and enlarge masseters from all the chewing.

Fuck some people are delusional.
>>
>>11970610
yes, and fixing asymmetries, widening the midface, and enlarging masseters is a great step. You anti Mew people are so stuck on the fact that it doesn't do 100% of what it promises that you don't realize it's still very helpful.
>>
>>11970610
No what I mean is, when you close your mouth and stick your tonge to the roof of your mouth, your jaw literally looks stronger.

Lazy tongue posture makes your jaw look weak.
>>
>>11970618
I never said that it wasn't "a great step". But all I'm saying is that people who are expecting a Pat Tillmanesque jaw from exercising proper oral posture and chewing a lot are in for a disappointment.

"Mewing" is for the maxilla and zygos, nothing else.
>>
>>11970620
Having the tongue pressed up against the roof of your mouth raises your hyoid bone. Raised hyoid bone = Less of a jowly look.

It doesn't widen the mandible, lengthen the ramus or decrease the angle of the gonion.
>>
>>11970634
Fucking this.
Started the mewing meme a few weeks ago and while I'm fully aware it does fuck all for my jawline, it at least stops me from looking like my face is just a extension of my neck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.