[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me about fashion shows? I would think that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: o-RICK-OWENS-570.jpg (81KB, 570x857px) Image search: [Google]
o-RICK-OWENS-570.jpg
81KB, 570x857px
Can someone tell me about fashion shows? I would think that they are meant to show off pieces from a new collection but why are so many of them so crazy and unwearable to the general public? I understand it's considered art but this just all seems like bullshit to me. I listened to Rick explain his A/W 2016 collection on YouTube and none of it made any sense to me. I can appreciate clothes and fits that look good to me, I just don't understand why there needs to be an abstract story behind each thing.

Please explain, genuinely curious and confused.
>>
I'm not too familiar with many other designers and how they operate, but everything you see on the runway for Rick Owens is what you can buy. He doesn't do any "just runway" pieces: you can buy everything he shows.

Granted, some may be made as a one-off, but you can still get it -- somehow.

With regards to the overall question: avant garde isn't for everyone; it's not meant to be -- otherwise it wouldn't be avant garde.

Buy what looks good to you and don't get bogged down in designers elucidating why they did X and Y in such and such a way.
>>
>>11968495
Think of it in the same way car manufacturers show off concept cars. The over-the-top pieces generally take an idea or a specific feature and blow it up to the max.
>>
majority of the pieces are pretty wearable, theyre just styled a bit a creatively to show off the themes/motifs of the collection

really take a look at the individual pieces of the next show you watch and youll realize you can easily incorporate most of em into everyday outfits
>>
>>11968495
my lunch came up by looking at this faggot. thanks
>>
File: 1476299949895.jpg (87KB, 910x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476299949895.jpg
87KB, 910x768px
Don't watch runways of higher class brands. They always turn their shows into the fashion equivalent of concept cars. It's more of an art show where they push the boundaries of clothing.

Do watch runways for middle of the line brands. They actually display regular fucking fits and styles. Like I just saw the Todd Snyder x Champion lineup and it was dope. Just a bunch of guys walking around in affordable 30$ sweaters and fits I might wear.

You can get a ton of real inspiration by watch regular fashion runway shows
>>
>>11970150
Get off this board
>>
>>11968495
They want to be unique.

Most of the clothes you say, like the other replies, sometimes can be wearable. If it's your kinda thing
>>
Shows are used to show off designs, motifs, materials, and inspiration for items from the season. Usually collections are more subdued depending on the designer/house presenting it.
>>
Like everyone else said, shows are meant to present the designer's concept and garner media attention. More outlandish clothing/presentation means more media attention. Think about how much press Rick Owens fall 2015 got- websites that didn't even have anything remotely to do with fashion wrote articles about it. Designers like Galliano/McQueen/Chanel also use their shows to present a fantasy that you want to buy into. Maybe you can't buy that rococo space pirate gown because it costs $25k and have no occasion to wear it, but you can buy the lipstick/perfume/accessories for a fraction and essentially live vicariously through those. Same with Rick, maybe you can't afford the $3k jacket but the $500 sneakers are a far more reasonable way to buy into his concepts.
>>
>>11970150
but that's wrong
most high end brands show clothes meant to be worn and sold
you may get some that are more conceptual a la CDG, Viktor & Rolf, Alexander mcqueen, but there are some who just produce completely wearable clothes such as lemaire, celine etc and then you get everything in between
>>
>>11968860
it's mostly this

designers are just showcasing their concept to the press and buyers
sometimes 80% of the collection on the runway isnt even in the showroom, it's just a matter of presenting an idea
>>
>>11970150
>if it doesn't involve me I'm not interested

Man...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.