[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im searching for a wallet like this. i got this a few years ago,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161116_190641.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161116_190641.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
im searching for a wallet like this. i got this a few years ago, it belonged to my granddad and its realy broken. so i tried to find something like this, a wallet with fine stamping which is slightly painted creating some kind of picture but i couldnt find. i have another relative with a wallet like this but he said he found it on a christmas market which is gone since than.
maybe this is just a german thing, anyway do you know someone making similiar wallets. if so, pls answer.
>>
>>11964062
really cool, i think you can check it out in etsy
>>
>>11964062
bump, that wallet looks choice
>>
>>11964669
in real it looks way better. my phone camera is just bad.
>>
>>11964062
Have you though about repairing it?

Condition it with leather conditioner and the leather will look a lot nicer, while still keeping it's patina

or is the problem with the inside?
>>
>>11964062
>>11964930

So much this. If it's not too bad you can try and find a leatherworker to rework it
>>
>>11964062
Just buy a leather wallet then take pen and draw really hard on it.
>>
Just get it repaired.

Would you rather have the same wallet that's been repaired with a nice design that your grandfather gave you, or a new wallet with a nice design but no sentimental value?
>>
i do a fair amount of leathercraft in my spare time and I would say if you show this to a professional or at least well practiced hobbyist they wouldn't have much trouble completely recreating this. Some of the engraving is pretty fine, but if they have a well equipped tool box (or a laser printer/engraver) I doubt it would be much of a problem.

you could probably get a new one for 50-250 dollars depending on the quality of the materials you want it made of, will last many years
>>
File: sad doge.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px)
sad doge.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
>>11964062

I like that wallet. Try looking on Etsy and eBay.

I found a few sort of similar ones, but I didn't look very long.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/459425196/vintage-leather-souvenir-wallet-colorful?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=hand%20painted%20wallet&ref=sr_gallery_39

https://www.etsy.com/listing/252545855/japanese-pagoda-wallet-wristlet-brass?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=hand%20painted%20wallet&ref=sr_gallery_5

https://www.etsy.com/listing/78755841/wallet-leather-wallet-mens-wallet-mens?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=japanese%20vintage%20wallet&ref=sr_gallery_39

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-40S-EMBOSSED-LEATHERETTE-WITH-JAPANESE-LANDSCAPE-BIFOLD-WALLET-UNUSED-/361827257643?hash=item543e95cd2b:g:NVYAAOSwpLNX-aDi
>>
>>11964062
>>11964930
>>11965084
Cool idea. Maybe the stitching all along the edges could be replaced. I had a pair of boots resoled one time, and the guy did a really fantistic job with this nice, burly thread. I was surprised by how perfect it was, like I don't think it even made any new holes in the leather. So if someone can do that to a pair of boots, they can do it to a wallet, too. Bright white thread would look dope. The leather conditioner idea and patina is a great point, also. Maybe a bookbinder who works in old leather covers could advise you on how to go about it, but I guess there're all kind of leather workers/artisans you could find. Plus, it's your grandpa's, so you'd probably feel good carrying it around.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.