[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to get that sophocles beard look. I have medium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: sophocles.jpg (270KB, 564x876px) Image search: [Google]
sophocles.jpg
270KB, 564x876px
I'm trying to get that sophocles beard look. I have medium long beard like him.

I've been using no poo for my head hair for quite a while, and the hair feels a lot thicker, and does great curls without products, instead of the dry bushy look without a curl pattern.

I want to know if it's possible to get that look with a beard, no poo obviously doesn't work, so I would like to know how to do it.

Like pic related, what I mean is having distinctives curls in my beard I don't know if it's possible
>>
>>11963371
sophocles nice choice

euripides is better though
>>
>>11963371
Not really, no.
I'm a quarter Greek genetically and in appearance I am mostly indistinguishable from your average Greek person, I have an extremely curly, black beard, straightish hair and a chest that could be it's own ecosystem.

Grew out my beard for 10 months and all the curliness just gives it the look of a really thick, pillow-y bush, in addition to making it look a lot shorter since the hairs coil around themselves. It's funny, cuz when you pull on it to straighten it, the length is almost twice than it is in a resting position.
Anyway, curly beards don't form curls like those, unless you heat treat it and use curlers on it, which is pretty retarded.
>>
File: beard.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
beard.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
>>11963410
well this guy seems to have pretty distinctive waves in his beard. Is it just genetics ?
>>
>>11963443
That's a pretty straight-ish beard, not a curly beard, bruh. Beard texture is very different than hair. However yes, that's a case of genetics right there.
I am pretty positive Sophocles' beard looked nothing like that baseball dude, or much like the sculpture for that matter, considering the ancient Greek gene pool.
In my opinion the sculpture's curls are just a shorthand way of conveying a regular curly beards, because that would be night impossible to do in the medium of stone and marble.
>>
>>11963443
>>11963410
100% Greek with a full beard about collarbone length here and i agree, we don't have natural beards like that one, it was probably heavily stylized.
The thing with my beard and most beards is that although it's semi straight and has waves like the statue the hairs are very individually distinct, as in
each hair has different waive patterns and it doesn't form big layers like hair would, it ends up looking bushy, or i guess beardy.

You could probably get this effect with some flat Iron and hold products for curls though, you will have to force groups of hair to take the same patterns by force
with heat and hold products.
>>
File: 1479222071150.png (75KB, 1104x927px) Image search: [Google]
1479222071150.png
75KB, 1104x927px
>>11963410
>im 1/128 european g-guys
fucking americans
>>
>>11964837
I'm not american, I'm European, just not fully Greek you retard.
Lel, being this buttmad
>>
File: waves.jpg (113KB, 970x646px) Image search: [Google]
waves.jpg
113KB, 970x646px
>>11963915
>>11963410
so, there's no conditioning to have this kind of beard ?
my headhair is not curly but kind of straight/wavy with no poo, but like you said, my beard hairs each seem to live an individual life of their own
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.