[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fa/. I need a new jacket for motorcycle riding. I need something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: belstaff.jpg (179KB, 1600x867px) Image search: [Google]
belstaff.jpg
179KB, 1600x867px
Sup /fa/. I need a new jacket for motorcycle riding. I need something really warm, and ideally really soft. I have super sensitive skin, that gets extra dry in the winter so a lot of shit irritates the fuck out of it.

The jacket has to be able to break the wind, too.

I've been looking at Belstaff and The North Face, but I don't know if they're any good.

Didn't see another thread for something like this, so yeah.

Any recs?
>>
>>11937054
Belstaff

ignore north face
>>
>>11937054
Perhaps an actual motorcycle jacket?
>>
File: 7373[1].jpg (97KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
7373[1].jpg
97KB, 800x700px
Embrace the naziboo core
>>
>>11937198
I hate this mindset. Everyone should be wearing unfitted utilitarian originals of whatever given style? Blow off.
>>
File: roadrashpic1.jpg (20KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
roadrashpic1.jpg
20KB, 400x313px
Well, you've got two options. You can either get an actual motorcycle jacket, or get pic related. You're going to crash eventually, and your effay designer shit isn't going to do anything. I don't know about you, but personally I think massive scars and broken bones aren't effay. Fucking squid.
>>
>>11937912
Fucking this. Why wear a jacket at all if you buy one that doesn't offer protection?

Besides there are plenty of places that make gear that doesn't look like shit, and will offer protection when you come unstuck. I like Icon's stuff, offer heaps of different styles, cuts and looks without compromising on protection. I personally still wear my old man's Stagg Leather (Melbourne company that I don't think exists anymore) jacket. There's heaps out there though dude, you'll find one that will fit the function and aesthetic you're going for.

What do you ride? What look are you going for? I'll see what I can find.
>>
File: honda-monkey-1.jpg (202KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
honda-monkey-1.jpg
202KB, 800x533px
>>11937912
This

Unless you're riding pic related
>>
>>11937912
This.

Both my parents are avid motorcyclists and have been for over 20 years. Both have taken a fall more than once because of things out of their control, like black ice. If they hadn't been wearing protective clothing they'd have been fucked up for life. That picture isn't even that bad. You know what road rash can do? Peel the fucking muscles off your bone.

Like >>11937926 said. There's plenty of protective clothing made to look inconspicuous. You don't have to wear a full leather jumpsuit with padding all over to protect yourself.
>>
>>11937934
They're so much fun those bikes
>>
>been riding 2 years in jeans and vans
>initially decided i wouldnt touch the bike without at least gloves but eventually stopped giving a shit
>>
>>11937937
I know

I have one
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
274KB, 1920x1080px
Dainese mike leather jacket, recommend it strongly.
Probably the best looking proper motorcycle jacket out there.
>>
Is wearing women's gear as a smaller dude for a better fit unheard of?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.