[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you pull your tie through the knot without stretching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5881-X2[1].jpg (198KB, 1280x852px)
IMG_5881-X2[1].jpg
198KB, 1280x852px
How the fuck do you pull your tie through the knot without stretching the knot out and ending up with a huge knot? this is by far the hardest part and there is not one fucking tip on the internet to doing it. You either have to release the tie and let it stretch out into a huge knot or rumple the fuck out of the tie and pinch/pull it through which fucks up the front of the tie.

I'm in my 30s and I have been unable to figure this out my entire life. I hate fucking ties so fucking much.
>>
>/fa/
>asking for advice on ties

lol half the people on this board arent old enough to vote Anon
youre better off asking for advice on streetwear or skatercoreinspo
>>
>>11926550
>>11926539
well somebody please help i have a job interview tomorrow and i am agonizing over this i already took my practice tie and ripped it in half in rage over not being able to get the knot right

i hate this so fucking much why do the ymake us do this it literally symbolizes a noose or collar that is the only purpose of wearing it
>>
>>11926539
>How the fuck do you pull your tie through the knot without stretching the knot out and ending up with a huge knot?
What? What the shit, what are you even doing with your tie? This description doesn't match the procedure for tying any tie knot that I've ever seen.

But okay, here's a chart for a simple four in hand, shamelessly stolen from http://www.tie-a-tie.net/fourinhand/ (feel free to go there for a full guide).

I'm guessing your (weird, unnatural) problem is at step 4? Hold the loop open (wide, if you have big trouble with it) with the index and middle finger of one hand while you pull the blade through it with the other.

>this tightens the knot

Great, so now keep pulling the blade until the knot looks good. In the normal world, this makes the knot smaller the tighter you pull it. A looser knot is bigger and has a nicer, softer look, but it's almost impossible to put a good dimple in a tie if the knot's loose. Dimples are probably not something you should care about yet, though.

Now pull the tail to draw it up flush. The tail should be shorter than the blade once the knot's flush under your collar.

>>11926565
>i hate this so fucking much why do they make us do this it literally symbolizes a noose or collar that is the only purpose of wearing it
No, you slappy whore, it symbolizes a scarf. It literally is a scarf that gradually became stylized.
>>
>>11926565
>i already took my practice tie and ripped it in half in rage over not being able to get the knot right
Future workplace shooter, everyone.
>>
>>11926565
Watch Jew tube videos m8, that's the only thing that taught me besides agonizing practice
>>
>>11926638
>It literally is a scarf that gradually became stylized.

why the fuck would we wear a SCARF INSIDE IN A FUCKING 21ST CENTURY AIR CONDITIONED OFFICE

RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i don't need your ismple fucking 4 in hand knot, the problem that i was having that nobody has EVER explained is that in the VERY FIRST STEP you should be choking the tail of the tie with the front of the tie as tightly as possible so the knot stays smaller in general

i hate this fuckin gshit i have to allot myself at least 45 minutes in themorning JUST TO GET THE TIE RIGHT ps its easy to get dimple every time how can that even be an issue for anyone? maybe people with 1 hand or something
>>
File: Hutt Burt.png (15KB, 549x521px) Image search: [Google]
Hutt Burt.png
15KB, 549x521px
>>11926687
You seem a bit assmangled, Anon.

>the problem that i was having that nobody has EVER explained is that in the VERY FIRST STEP you should be choking the tail of the tie with the front of the tie as tightly as possible so the knot stays smaller in general
But... you don't actually have to do that, you mong.

If you prefer to keep the neck loop wide while you tie the knot itself, just leave the tail commensurately shorter when starting out to compensate for that?

You sure don't seem to have spent much time actually thinking about this for how mad you get about it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.