[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sets a 1000 Euro Hugo Boss suit apart from a 350 Euro Massimo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1365812965578.jpg (23KB, 411x292px) Image search: [Google]
1365812965578.jpg
23KB, 411x292px
What sets a 1000 Euro Hugo Boss suit apart from a 350 Euro Massimo Dutti (Zara's higher-end brand) suit?

How do I know what's good and what isn't besides a price tag?
>>
On average, just the quality of the materials.

It's not worth the difference if that's what you mean, apart from brand recognition. If I wanted to spend 1k on a suit I'd find some small tailor to make it exactly to my measurements.
>>
mostly brand
>>
I'm reading that shitty suit jackets are "fused" and better quality ones are "half-canvassed" what does that mean and how do I know which is which?
>>
>>11923057
Build quality and brand recognition. The Hugo Boss suit definitely has a higher build quality than the Zara one, but whether or not that's worth paying 750 euros more for is up to you.

You could even get a decent suit for less than what the Zara costs.
>>
>>11923113.

>You could even get a decent suit for less than what the Zara costs.

where?
>>
>>11923692
Bump
>>
>>11923692
my ass
>>
>>11923692
SuitSupply is better than the 1000 euro Hugo Boss suit but also cheaper than the Zara suit.
>>
>>11923084
A blazer has 3 layers. Outer layer, inner layer (lining) and for example a chest piece for stability. Without going too much into detail here:

-Fused means that the pieces are glued together, which means that its a pain in the ass to wear. Freedom of movement is heavily limited which is probably why most people hate wearing suits. Fused suits are a complete pain in the ass to wear UNLESS they are basically tailored for you, in which case they probably wont be fused.
-Fully canvased means that the entire jacket is connected with horse hair canvas, only stitched together in key position and has a so called floating chest piece, which makes the jacket way more enjoyable to wear because its actually you whos wearing the jacket, not the other way-round. Most important part here are the lapels. The longer you were the jacket, the more it will mold to your body.
-Half canvassed is a mix between the two. Lapel and chest are fully canvassed but the part below the belly button is fused to save money while still providing an enjoyable experience.

Fused shit is the cheapest (fused shit can be found even in like 750 price range), half canvassed is best value for money (usually doesnt really start before 750 a blazer and goes up to 1400, probably even higher because I dont think that SLP shit is fully canvassed) , fully canvassed will hardly be found in off the rag clothing (there are some sold by RLPL that start at like 1600 I think, sure as hell cheaper if you just have it tailored but still not by much I believe)

High fashion stuff (Prada, Paul Smith, Marni, Lanvin etc.) usually is half canvassed. Talking about blazers in the 900-1400 price range here. As for OPs question: Zara shit is guaranteed to be fused. Hell, maybe its even unstructured, then it lack a chest piece all together but shouldnt have lining either. If I had to guess I'd say that Hugo Boss only sells fused shit as well. However, for 1000eur its probably half canvassed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.