[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, /fa/, how do we bring medieval fashion back? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: medieval wears.jpg (165KB, 528x754px) Image search: [Google]
medieval wears.jpg
165KB, 528x754px
Alright, /fa/, how do we bring medieval fashion back? I think a lot of this stuff is pretty great from both an aesthetic and a practical standpoint. I'd love to see a resurgence in this clothing.
>>
It will literally never happen.
>>
Hope some designer thinks the same as you and puts on a show consisting of medieval inspired pieces
>>
>>11896260
Pray to based Antonio Banderas to follow through with bringing capes back
>>
>>11896260
I don't think full medieval inspired clothing will ever return. And I unironically would wear a cape if it wasnt autism tier.
>>
>>11897027
Capes really are underrated as fuck, we'd possibly still have them if not for comic books.

*Full rain coverage.
*Extremely easy to put on and take off.
*Won't wrinkle your clothes.
*Will breathe well.
*More compact than a coat to hang up and store.
*Not labor intensive to make.
*Little variation in size needed.
>>
>>11897037
*can grab one hem and turn really quick in the opposite direction for increased dramatic flair when leaving
>>
>>11897037
you do realize capes were dropped in favor of proper jackets because jackets are just way more functional and better
>>
>>11897118
Why can't we have both? We have multiple variations of every type of clothing. What's wrong with having capes and other cape-like things?
>>
>>11896260
There is a huge diversity to medieval stuff. Era/region/class/etcetera.

Maybe start by bringing bag jewellery and the materials colours and then transition to cuts.
>>
CDG released armour inspo clothing this season. It looks fucking ridiculous too
>>
>>11897378
nothing just wear one if you like them
>>
>>11897118
You realize functional and better isn't quite a one way thing?

For instance, early 20th Century suits fit more like a shirt and give you better ease of movement. But at some point it was decided what makes a good suit is being able to put it on and take it off easily, because people don't want to be wearing the jacket any more than they have to.

You ever go into a mall/office/friend's home today and it's just going to be hot as balls? They set the temperature for year round shorts and tee.

We don't need an overcoat you can change a tire in. I'd argue that the cape could act similarly to the contemporary fitting shirt. A cold weather/rain cover that is easy to put on and take off.
>>
just buy a hooded cape off etsy already (not an insult, i buy mine for costumes that way)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.