[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I come to you in my time of need. I'm a grooms(wo)man in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: bmaidpunishment.png (3MB, 1492x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bmaidpunishment.png
3MB, 1492x1000px
I come to you in my time of need. I'm a grooms(wo)man in a wedding, but once the bride noticed my measurements for a tiny tuxedo, she nixed that. I feel like this is my punishment.

Is this as terrible on me as I think it is? See below for commentary.

"The shirt is something Elvis would bury his daughter in."
"I don't understand. Is the wedding in Eastern Europe at a brothel?"
"It looks like the weird girl who doesn't socialize. Her prom dress. For prom. Alone. In a bad Johnny Depp rom com from the 90s."
>>
>>11896254
its terrible
>>
the top is godawful, the skirt is cute.
>>
>>11896254
what kind of fucking people make those kinds of comments

the top looks a little boxy / i'm not sure all that glitter is suitable for a wedding

maybe ask the bride what kind of dress she wants you to wear?
>>
>>11896271
Oh, this isn't MY choice. This is what the bride wanted me to wear.

Haha those comments were from my best friends, who I agree with wholeheartedly. They weren't bagging on me, I didn't pick this horror show out. My input was "this is worse than the holocaust."

>>11896269
Right, I like the skirt. I think it could be light and romantic with the right top. THIS IS NOT IT. What would you pair with it?

>>11896262
at least I know I'm not crazy for hating it.

For reference, this stuff is from here:
http://www.bhldn.com/bridesmaids-bridesmaid-separates-skirts/petal-skirt-sea/productOptionIDS/0ded5c2c-d13c-440c-a5b9-bcbc15fc89d9

http://www.bhldn.com/sale-dresses/kaity-top-charcoal/productOptionIDS/77d329de-e52b-4304-b214-c16eb3021e3a
>>
>>11896295
a off white or cream top could look nice
>>
u need to find some way to blend the top and bottom together.
>>
>>11896306
she said it'd have to be 'rose gold' or 'antique pink'. I moreso meant a style of top or maybe something to salvage this.

Like...some kind of sheer shit to go underneath? I don't know. Ugh.

I think if I lift my arms the guests will see the underside of my tits. This shirt is the fucking devil.
>>
>>11896254
This is a board for designer fashion not your stupid fucking problems

Kill yourself you worthless whore
>>
>>11896320
Because I'm asking about what career I should choose and not about this hideous Jeny Yoo dress lol. Go fuck yourself bud.
>>
>>11896317
ignore the kid below you, he's just baiting for replies. That style could work if it weren't so glittery and less boxy, what kind of shoes are you wearing?
>>
>>11896254
christ it looks like a piece of cardboard or some shit, burn it and say the dog ate it or fuckin whatever. i wouldn't wear that
>>
File: 38669164_045_b.jpg (279KB, 1625x2440px) Image search: [Google]
38669164_045_b.jpg
279KB, 1625x2440px
>>11896310
what they pair it with on the site itself. Would layering something like the shirt in this pic underneath the sequin horror soften the blow?

I'm praying the bride sees the pics I sent and realizes "I've made a huge mistake."
>>
>>11896329
I was going to wear nude flats. I didn't want to add any more fuel to the fire that is this ensemble.

>>11896347
haha I'm trying to wriggle my way out of wearing this $80.00 cardboard. She said it had to be "antique pink" or "rose gold" so if anyone can offer up some suggestions...
>>
>>11896254
doomed
>>
>>11896254
Its someone else's wedding. Just do what they say dont be a diva (divo)
>>
File: sequingenocide.png (2MB, 1300x1125px) Image search: [Google]
sequingenocide.png
2MB, 1300x1125px
>>11896254
if she wants sequins so desperately bad I did find this in rose gold; still wear it with the skirt. Seems like far too much skin though.

At the very least, any suggestions on what I can wear with the skirt at the reception? Something on the outside like >>11896350 or tucked in?
>>
>>11896411
lisetn man, I'll swallow my pride and wear it if I must.

I was just asking if A) is itt's as terrible as I think it is and
B) would a sheer shirt underneath, or belt or something make it better?

she picked out the stuff but said if there's something else in 'rose gold' or 'antique pink' I was welcome to it.
>>
it looks godawful and it's obvious the bride got memed into the rose gold and separates "trends". I bet the wedding is gonna be 2014 as fuck with like mason jars and succulents all over the place and shit.

HOWEVER, bridesmaids (or groomswomen lol) having to wear garbage dresses is a tale as old as time my nigga. Look at any bridal party from the 70s lol. At the end of the day it's their wedding, and the courteous thing to do is to just wear the thing and try not to bitch about it. Plus if you carry yourself well I'm sure it'll at least look more flattering than in the photos.

also I can't believe that's what bhldn stuff looks like irl; shit looks F21 tier jesus
>>
>>11896505
oh trust me, I'd never say shit to her. Having a wedding is stressful enough without little cunts whining about their dresses.

Sigh I just wanted to see if there was any salvaging. But I suppose it's not- I'll just bite the bullet, slap on some makeup, and rest assured my date won't get too handsy with me.

The skirt is nice, the pic doesn't do it justice. The shirt... well. You see the shirt.
>>
File: tumblr_lg9vwmY4At1qfbxhx.png (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lg9vwmY4At1qfbxhx.png
37KB, 500x500px
maybe you can put darts in the side of the top so it doesn't look so boxy?
>>
>>11896552
actually, that's a great idea! My only concern is that it's a crop-top, so if it's a closer fit, there may be some skin.
>>
Why aren't you allowed to wear a tuxedo?
>>
>>11896565
because vagina?
I dunno, I think It'd be cute if my makeup and hair was on point.

My dreams of a bowtie will never be fulfilled.
>>
File: marni-evening-15.jpg (89KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
marni-evening-15.jpg
89KB, 683x1024px
Op, would this kind of look be a possibility?
>>
>>11896552
This is a good idea, you can maybe add some lace? To the bottom but I don't see the problem in a tiny bit of skin.

>>11896523
Search for some vintage peach blouses that you can tuck in (peach gets more results than rose gold obviously) in sheer materials + feminine detailing (lace, ruffles). This was just one off google but I'm sure you can find some better ones on etsy/ ebay.

>>11896570
Maybe you can wear a pussybow blouse lol
>>
>>11896254
That is a cheap ass Walmart skirt, don't listen to these idiots. Looks like something you would wear for Halloween as a tooth fairy. Get something more normie, because that looks terrible. I'd go with a generic white top and black skirt.
>>
>>11896580
wow, thanks! that's a great idea, some delicate lace, might help it blend with the skirt a little more too. much appreciated!

>>11896574
haha nah, she wouldn't go for it.
>>
>>11896584
It's obviously not her choice, we're just trying to make the best of what she was given.
>>
>>11896611
Shalam famaladingdong, sorry baka manga sushi washabi sen3.14.
>>
>>11896574
Though maybe instead of the pullover you could wear a loose oversize blouse/shirt cinched at the waist a la Haider Ackermann
>>
>>11896618
One more inspo pic of queen tilda for good measure. Luxe, glam, elegance, fierce, etc.

>>11896597
Ur friend has no taste and putting friends through stuff like this is why if I ever get married i'd never have a huge ceremony/reception
>>
>>11896635
I really dig this pic.

But I'm tight with the groom, not her. She's a nice chick, maybe it looked good in theory or on someone with a different body shape (though I'm average in every possible way). Either way, I'll live... and fuck that, if you get married you have to repeat the cycle of abuse
>>
>>11896649
Have you considered getting into a car crash ironically so that you can't attend the wedding? I can shop you into the wedding pictures so you won't feel left out.
>>
>>11896669
lol no, I wouldn't miss it for the world. If me looking fat and boxy is my ticket in, I'll bear down and do it. I'll just make sure to look hot af if I ever have a wedding.
>>
File: image4xxl.jpg (116KB, 870x1110px) Image search: [Google]
image4xxl.jpg
116KB, 870x1110px
>>11896254
Boxy tops can look okay, but honestly, that's pretty bad.
That being said, it's someone else's wedding. If she really wants you to wear it, you're probably just going to have to suck it up.
Is she at least lenient on the colors at all? Given what the site has available, you could at least get them to match a bit more.
>>
>>11896254
id still fuck u if ur face was 6/10 or above
so dont sweat it babe
>>
Yikes
>>
>>11896738
concise. powerful. accurate.
>>
>>11896771
Fine. Fresh. Fierce.
>>
Is it just you wearing this, or are the other bridesmaids wearing it too?
>>
>>11896254
jesus fuck.

well, it's her wedding I suppose, but it's stilla travesty
>>
>>11896363
I really think you should wear a strappy heel like in the stock photos, if all you're showing is your ankles, flats will make them look terrible, even the slightest heel is going to make it look much more elegant.
>>
Why is she doing this to you and her wedding?
Is she uglier than you and wants to punish you for looking better than her?
I have been on some weddings where the insecure brides forced female guests to wear ugly dresses. It's pretty pathetic.
I know hon, it's your day and everything but the least you could do for "your" special day is lose some weight.
Also not the fault of beautiful females that your parents outfitted you with ugly genetics.
>>
>>11896254
that top looks like a soda can.

she is definitely trying to make herself look better by comparison. But you'll probably luck out. Just put on some killer makeup and look like the baddest bitch at the party. definitely do something to hype up the boob game too.

Immediately switch out of the top as soon as the vows are spoken, say something about you being cold or something.

At least you won't be alone in your suffering.
>>
>>11897952
I'm look like Rosario Dawson's less attractive sister. I clean up pretty good with makeup. I think she legit thought it would look better in person.

>>11896951
other bridesmaids are wearing different stuff with the same colors I think. Plus, I'm technically a groomswoman anyway. There is no one else to cling to is a fellow POW.

>>11897979
Haha I was going to combat this by having my makeup done by someone who knows what they're doing. aaaand also swap out for something else after the ceremony. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR WHAT STYLE SHIRT TO WEAR AT THE RECEPTION ARE VERY VERY WELCOME!!

>>11896986
you're right- flats would probably give me insta-cankles.
>>
>>11898039
Have you tried talking with the bride yet? Has she seen the photos? Does she know what she has wrought?
>>
>>11898105
I sent the pics to the groom. Didn't say anything bad.
I was just like "I have the stuff. Is this ok?"

Honestly I don't want to bother her with it, seems like an asshole thing to do. Now if SHE sees the pics and says THIS IS A TRAVESTY I will gladly move mountains for her.
>>
>>11896254
am i the only person who thinks this is a guy or has /fa/ been overrun by /tumblr/?
>>
>>11896254
Did anyone else think this was an image of a muscular barechested guy wearing hakama pants?

I'm disappointed it was just some fagshit
>>
>>11898161
>>11898163
It DOES make me look like I have no waist, no tits, and I'm shaped like a fridge. My boyfriend didn't even think it was me when I sent him the pics.

But nah, I'm a chick, with an average woman-shaped body.
>>
Misinterpreted this thread when it was originally posted. Thought OP was a man and that he was being wrangled into a most absurd situation. It looks like you're wearing a sparkly ballistic vest.
>>
>>11898234
HAHAHAHA

Lonely girl that's Elvis' daughter has her prom at an Eastern European brothel and also someone is trying to assassinate her so she needs to wear protection.
>>
>>11896254
I'd rather skip the wedding than wear that abomination.
>>
That is one ugly dress.
>>
>>11898161
I have a feeling it's one of the fetish crossdressers fishing for comments so he can wank out his little fantasy.
>>
>>11898484
NO ONE would fish for compliments in this abomination. Why would someone do that?

I do have some linebacker ass shoulders though.

They're sharp too. I could cut someone from a good distance.
>>
>>11898508
You could chop wood with those shoulders.
>>
>>11896254

You look like the tin man.
>>
>>11898630
No I don't.

The tin man was matching.
>>
>>11896254

truly hideous. Looks ass cheap and doesn't fit together at all. If the bride doesn`t comply to something different, I´d wear it to the ceremony and that get changed into a tuxedo.
If she asks, tell her you didn't want to look like a clown for the whole night...
>>
my condolences op i genuinely thought you were a man/trans
>>
lol does she hate you or something?

I personally don't think the top is at all salvageable and should be swapped out for something else rose or peach colored. Maybe something flowy or lace like suggested.

If u look up 2 piece bridesmaid dress on google some similar skirts come up with less horrifying tops.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.