[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you feel overwhelmed when you first tried to be /fa/? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: vlcsnap-2016-10-15-13h45m49s188.png (668KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-10-15-13h45m49s188.png
668KB, 1280x720px
Did you feel overwhelmed when you first tried to be /fa/? I'm reading the sticky and holy fucking shit I feel like this is really difficult.

Tim (pic related) is what inspired me to come to this world but it seems like such a task
>>
>read /fa/
these are the three stages

>be overwhelmed by all the different ways to dress like a low-key anime character
>realize you're poor
>cobble together fits from old navy and target plus the 'grail' you found at the thrift store.
>>
>>11863298
for me realize im rich and wear rick and ccp like an edgelord vampire hunter
>>
>>11863328
yeah, finding your own style is the same as trying to blur the lines between gay and mainstream vampire shit
>>
yeah get used to it
you'll make a lot of mistakes
you'll waste a lot of money
but eventually you'll find a look that works for you
it honestly took me a few years to get comfortable, it's all fun though, it's a hobby
>>
>>11863276
It can be a lot to think about if you've never been interested in clothes before, but it gets a lot easier the more you read. Make sure to look at other sources, too so you don't end up with a bunch of /fa/ clothes that you hate.
>>
>>11863342
Recommend me some, senpai.
[spoiler] I'm black so most of what I see people wearing here, like anime stuff, would look outright awful on me[/spoiler]
>>
>>11863276
>Tim
GOAT cartoon
that scarf looks great on him
>>
>>11863351
I follow a lot of blogs on Tumblr (I know, but it's good for inspo) and read the fashion sections of any magazine I can find. Even if most of it is shit, it still exposes me to what other people think about what's going on with fashion. I would also recommend starting an inspo folder on your computer and saving any pics you like, since people delete them all the time.
>>
>>11863351
>>11863364
I would give you some specifics, but I'm a girl, so I don't think it would be too helpful for you.
>>
>>11863276
I'd cook muffins for that guy
>>
>>11863367
Do you know what people dress like in London?
>>
>>11863276
It should be fun, OP. Stumble around for a bit and you will eventually find a style you are confident with.
>>
File: ronnie-coleman-blue-suit.jpg (174KB, 689x799px) Image search: [Google]
ronnie-coleman-blue-suit.jpg
174KB, 689x799px
Did you have someone you looked up to for fashion inspiration /fa/?
>>
lol if youre being serious (which i hope you arent)

that sticky's been outdated for years, just as this site's been dead for years too. legimitately /fa/ posters left to find better grounds or just dont care about fashion anymore. 2016 /fa/ is a terrible place to come for fashion advice.

if youre ok with picking up advice from normie newfags who've been here for less than a year (like you) then go for it but just know theres better resources out there
>>
>>11864545
like where brah
>>
>>11863276
Too real
>>
i didn't change my wardrobe much until lurking for like two years

get a good feel for how good outfits look and understand why they look good, then apply those concepts to your own fits

don't jump in the deep end and splurge on some rick shit, you'll like like an idiot

one step at a time. get some pants that fit. get some better shoes. get some good basic t-shirts that fit well. get a nice looking piece of outerwear. get a feel for how you want to look and what looks good on you; the two aren't necessarily the same, but i want my personality to shine through with what i wear

good luck, don't be afraid to make some mistakes, just make sure you learn from them [and you don't waste too much money on them]
>>
>>11864532
LITERALLY ME
>>
File: davidsylviantop3.jpg (533KB, 1172x1745px) Image search: [Google]
davidsylviantop3.jpg
533KB, 1172x1745px
>>11864532
Absolutely.
>>
>>11863276
yea, i made a lot of mistakes and have a lot of buyer remorse looking back at the stuff i bought.

if i could do it again id stick to simple basics
and buy quality over quantity
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.