[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me /fa/ bros I have a group powerpoint presentation tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Yohji-Yamamoto-01.jpg (262KB, 1848x962px) Image search: [Google]
Yohji-Yamamoto-01.jpg
262KB, 1848x962px
help me /fa/ bros
I have a group powerpoint presentation tomorrow morning and my part is to explain the history and present time of Yohji's y-3 line and compare it to his Y's line and homme/femme in terms of intentions. construction quality and so on.
>>
>>11849457
damn what class is this?
>>
y-3 is just derivative overpriced diffusion line trash why even bother with it
>>
>>11849464
analysis of ready-to-wear and apparel construction
im a fashion merchandising major.
in this group project i have to choose a designer that has 3 price point lines, then compare all 3 of them and blah blah.
>>
you left an assignment for a subject you know nothing about till the night before?
>>
>>11849493
that sounds pretty cool

I can't help though, pretty stupid choice to not do the assignment lmao
>>
well its almost entirely sportswear but also cheaper, leading to an overall lower construction quality but more generally durable garments

also they seem intent on revolutionizing everything sportsweary, theyve p much introduced a lot of trends (like the qasa straps or the entire idea of splitsole sneakers)
>>
>>11849500
i mean i know a good amount. but because the presentation is like 10-15 minutes long. i feel like i have to extent my part of the project meaning i gatta talk alot...
this is long but so far i got..
"y-3 is a diffusion /collaboration line that uses adidas factories and infrastructure which tells us the product quality is not on par as Yohji’s Y’s and homme+femme line but still good overral. occasionally they make compelling pieces, like the qasas which are one of his best selling shoes.
the clothes are often athleisure, which is a big seller currently. many speculate that the y-3 licensing and residuals are what keep yohji's brand funded and alive.
material quality is usually on par to slightly better than adidas. Using common techniques in mass production such as coverstitching on basic garments and overlock techniques."
>>
i think the bonkers mishmash of materials is worth mentioning, on their shoes in particular. its not uncommon to see leather, mesh, neoprene, rubbers, and elastics on the same piece

also the small medium large sizing rather than traditional sizes (due to the shoe being capable of stretching) on some of their splitsole models is super interesting to me, the kohna and the mei 2 come to mind
>>
>>11849550
speak on the innovation used in y-3 products, on behalf of adidas
speak about the mainline's impact on fashion when it first launched
>>
>>11849457
talk about his dog
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.