/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into winter? Is a bomber + hoodie enough for sub-freezing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1981.jpg (155KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1981.jpg
155KB, 730x1095px
How do I into winter?

Is a bomber + hoodie enough for sub-freezing temperatures?
>>
i don't know
>>
can you repeat the question?
>>
i haven't decided yet
>>
is a bomber + hoodie enough for sub-freezing temperatures?
>>
>>11844133
>>11844134
f you
>>
>>11844100
Name of the jacket and wtc?
>>
>>11844100
If you need a jacket in the winter you are literally a faggot.
>>
What does sub-freezing mean? -5c? -15c?
From my personal experience, with champions reverse weave hoodie and a regular AI MA1, -5C is doable, but if it's windy or loads of snow falling, I'll wear an actual winter jacket. Wouldn't really wear a bomber and hoodie to -10C either
>>
>>11844160
It's on the jacket...
>>
>>11844100
I wear sherpa coat and coty sweater. Favorite time of year in terms of comfort.
>>
>>11844160
>doesn't recognize the bomber

kek
>>
>>11844447
>>11844919
Just say the fucking model you fucking
morons
>>
>>11845165
>what is google?
>>
>>11845165
alpha industries bomber
>>
>>11845165
"remove before flight" fall winter 2003

very hard to find piece. Saw one on grailed for $2.1k last month but it was snapped up
>>
>>11845233
Thanks
>>
>>11844226
this is pretty good advice.
most days i do fine with a hoodie under a coat, or a flannel +sweater + jacket
but there will be times you need something warmer. if you are going house - car - work, reverse, you can get by with whatever. if you have to walk there are days you will need more.
i live right outside boston, so keep that in mind for my climate.
>>
>>11845165
just look at the image you fucking moron
>>
>>11844100
bomber hoodie scarf gloves GOOD wool socks
as long as it's a reasonably thick (AI definitely works) bomber and hoodie,
should be enough for basically any american city unless you are trying to walk the length of manhattan or in deep snow
>>
File: chiye.jpg (54KB, 590x407px) Image search: [Google]
chiye.jpg
54KB, 590x407px
>>11844100
In Chicago you would want to be wearing thick socks or more than one pair at time. You will need boots that touch your shin and if you want to wear normal pants (and not ugly baggy snow pants) you will need leggings or long johns of some sort. It's best to spring for the $50 or so it takes to get Outdoor/Sports-wear quality leggings that will keep you warm. You will need to wear a tank top and a shirt for layering. You will need a coat to go over everything else. You will need fingerless cotton gloves (Hot Topic sells really based black ones) to go under a much thicker pair of winter gloves. You will need a scarf or facial mask to protect everything the nose down and finally you will need either a hat or earmuffs, because the main worry will be having chilled ears and specifically earlobes or tips.
>>
>>11844125
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOOOOOOW
>>
File: In Fashion Chicago - with.jpg (131KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
In Fashion Chicago - with.jpg
131KB, 497x750px
>>11845378
>>
File: Screenshot_51.png (56KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_51.png
56KB, 144x144px
>>11845233
>>11845248
>>
>>11844226
Here in the states we just wear a hoodie/bomber even if its -30 C
>>
File: Photo on 10-5-16 at 9.47 PM.jpg (220KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 10-5-16 at 9.47 PM.jpg
220KB, 1080x720px
picked up this for $60
>>
>>11845385
If you're white
>>
>>11845280
>autism the post
>>
Depends whether your hoodie and bomber are thick enough. Mall-tier clothes aren't going to work.
>>
Listen up faggots
mfw I live in quebec
First of all, if you're wearing pants that are at least thicker than a t shirt, you don't need shit under them, except for your silk draws.

Second, unless you're spending more than 15 minutes outside you don't need a

>W I N T E R C O A T
>I
>N
>T
>E
>R
>
>C
>O
>A
>T

Scarves are for pussies
> -30°C is too warm for hodies
>>
nah cause bombers look weird zipped up and not zipping up yours in those temperatures is stupid
>>
>>11845394
same, a few weeks ago
was 70 for me though
>>
>>11844100
fuck no. especially not this winter, since la nina is going to fuck the east coast up
>>
File: How to weather my Bane Jacket.jpg (61KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
How to weather my Bane Jacket.jpg
61KB, 533x800px
>>11846844
>you merely adopted the coldness--I was born in it!
>I didn't feel the warmth until I was already a man
>but by then it was nothing to me but burning!
>>
>>11846905
>la nina
dear god please no...it's already getting windy in upstate NY

last winter was great didn't get actually cold until end of november.
>>
What's /fa/'s opinion on padded vs unpadded sleeves?
>>
carhartt is all you need my nigga
>>
>tfw slav
>tfw dont give shit
>>
>>11846844
you are talking arid cold without any wind rright?

whenever it is very cold there can be no humidity in the air and thats not as bad as just cold with humidity

and cold, moist wind is the worst
>>
>>11844100
i do it all the time and it works very well, although an actual winter jacket is even better
>>
>>11846844
Poland here, there's no way you'll survive the winter in a bomber and hoodie
you need a coat, and then a sweater under that, unless the winter is really mild
also we have a lot of cold wind in the winter, so not covering your neck is not an option
during some winters you will need a down jacket, plain and simple
>>
>>11847498
uciekaj normiku
>>
>>11844100
I had an alpha industries bomber jacket but that fucker was too warm even with a t-shirt in any season outside of winter.
Ditched it since i like to take advantage of the british weather by layering.
>>
>>11846844
Alaskan here

You're fucking retarded
>>
>>11844100
>Is a bomber + hoodie enough for sub-freezing temperatures?
>american """""winter"""""
>>
Depends on the wind, honestly.

I lived in Nebraska for a while, and the winter would get cold as shit, but if there was no wind, A jacket over a sweater/undershirt was fine. If it was windy, I had to wear leather as the outer layer.
Think about it like a survival scenario. To protect your insulated layer (dead air), you need something that blocks moisture and wind.

If you're expecting to be out in the snow or wind, you want leather or goretex.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.