[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else getting tired of the "suicidal" or "depression"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

Anybody else getting tired of the "suicidal" or "depression" trend?Its like all of a sudden being suicidal became the next cool thing to do.
>>
>>11841624
Every 5 years.
5 years ago it was witch house and gothninja
5 years before that it was scene emo
5 years before that it was mallgoth

and each time the new generation is completely unaware of the others that came before.
>>
>>11841624
21 pilots fanboys and fangirls

I'm sure it's literally just that
>>
>>11841624
if only it was a real trend. it wouldn't last.
>>
File: e65f.png (340KB, 848x583px) Image search: [Google]
e65f.png
340KB, 848x583px
You mean this?
>>
>>11841630
no its mostly an aesthatic that exists in hiphop and fashion like suicide boys for example
>>
>>11841635
social anxiety was 2011-2014 dude

>>11841624
>>11841658
>>11841630
General Apathy to life has been a mainstream aesthetic for like 2-3 decades
>>
File: nobirth.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
nobirth.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>11841624
It does piss me off actually. So many people follow this that when somebody is depressed for real, they think it's just attention whoring.

That being said I'm anxious to see the next trend.
>>
>>11841658

Suicideboys is the best, u dont fuck with em BITCH

gang gang
>>
>>11841815
hahaha yaaa what this dude said, fuck you $uicideboy$ is dope as fuck
>>
>>11841815
>>11841854
legendary bait
>>
>>11841624
>Be suicidally depressed from early childhood on
People like inner demons, not depression. It makes you seem cooler if you've got motions in your mind
>>
I think with all the hype surrounding mental illness right now it's easy for the average person to genuinely assume that something if wrong with them when in actuality their discomfort is just made up of normal human emotions.
>>
>>11841795
This
Using it as a trend to make yourself a special snowflake delegitimizes people with actual issues.
>>
Im so mentally ill that i cant go to school or work. I love these trends. All the rest of society thinks I'm worthless. I like that a little subculture exists that thinks what I am going through is effay. It makes me feel better about myself.
>>
>>11841815

they bunch of pretenders
>>
>>11841815
Any band that needs to mention how large their penis is and how they smoke in a song about suicide is a joke
>>
>>11841635
there's this girl on facebook that never stops squawking about her social anxiety and depression and posting shit like this

maybe it's a coping mechanism or something but jesus christ it gets annoying
>>
>>11841680
Apathy fucking ruins your life.
You go to work/school and have a miserable day, then you go home and stare at a fucking wall until you go to sleep, maybe you get invited somewhere but why should you go? You're not happy, you don't care and you don't feel anything.
It's not some mainstream aesthetic.
>>
File: akira.jpg (19KB, 408x454px) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
19KB, 408x454px
>>11841627
Fucking this, fucking this, hit the nail on the head my friend.
>>
>>11842286
I'm not your friend
also watch other anime movies than Akira
watch Ai City
>>
>>11842290
It was sweet whilst it lasted, now I'm back to 0 friends, acquaintance.

And I do watch other anime movies, acquaintance.
>>
>>11842319
Watch everything Kawajiri is involved in
>>
>>11842325
I have been meaning to watch Neo Tokyo for a while now,do you rate it?
>>
>>11842330
10/10
but it's just the tip of the iceberg
>>
>>11842333
I shall endeavor to venture further down this rabbit hole then. If you wish I would appreciate a starter list of your recommendations.
>>
>>11842336
Wicked City
ai city
midnight eye Gokuu
cyber city Oedo 808
A Wind Named Amnesia
genocyber
Angel Cop
AD police
dominion tank police
new dominion
megazone 23
samurai Gold
burn up!
black magic M-66
appleseed (1986)
metal skin panic Madox-01
Twilight of the Dark Master
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Belladonna of Sadness
Bride of Deimos
Vampire Princess Miyu
Blood: the Last Vampire
Hellsing Ultimate
Ninja Scroll
Curse of the Youma
Demon City Shinjuku
Arion
>>
>>11841627
>and each time the new generation is completely unaware of the others that came before.

that's blatantly false and you should know that.
Also maybe you're depressed because you're a total fucking dweeb
>>
>>11842368
>blatantly false
okay maybe they aren't COMPLETELY unaware. Like they vaguely know there's that thing called "goth" and they have a vague idea of what it looks like but that's all.
>>
ya im tired of the depression idolization too
>>
>>11842065
this desu
>>
>>11842348
Belated response but thank you I really do appreciate it man.
>>
>>11842504
no prob
I'm tired of people not sharing my taste in anime and liking boring shit instead (or only very few good things) so I'm spreading it.

You probably won't find all of it good.
And Kawajiri was involved in like a third of it.
>>
>>11842507
I shall get to watching this post haste, quite an extensive collection with a few titles I recognise.
>>
>tfw actually depressed that I don't even like talking about or joke about it
>try my hardest to seem happy around people
>>
>>11842621
Who the fuck does that?
Nobody cares about whether you're happy or not. Seems to me like you're forcing yourself to seem happy just so you can wallow in self-pity even harder afterwards.
>>
File: SUICIDAL_TENDENCIES.jpg (151KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
SUICIDAL_TENDENCIES.jpg
151KB, 750x563px
>>11841624

I am suicidal 4 life!
>>
Accidentally find out I might have Hypomania (bipolar disorder) during psychiatry class. Everyone starts joking about how I perfectly fit the description, I nervously laugh as I notice they are right.

I am uncapable of feeling real emotions, it's either some bursts of energy that all of sudden disappear and switch to very mild stages of negative emotions that fade away easily.
>>
>>11841680
>>11841624
this trend has been going on forever lad, what trend is new and very scary is this new feminist, passive aggressive, aloof, attitude people have today.
>>
>>11842651
ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI
>>
>>11842679

JUST ONE PEPSI!
>>
>>11842683
AND SHE WOULDN'T GIVE IT TO ME!
>>
>>11842368
18+
>>
No, but only because I know it's a fad and kids always get into edgy shit.
>>
>>11842658
Lmao at this 18 year old
>>
>Go on Reddit
>One of the most popular website on the internet
>Full of normies
>Suicide/depressed memes everywhere

wat
>>
>>11841624
I wish i could escape from my depression, my self hatred, my insecurity, etc etc. I wish i was as easy as following trend.
>>
>>11843098
normies can be depressed, too.
>>
It's just a lot easier to talk about now. Less stigma associated with it combined with the spread of the internet and it's associated freedom. Seeing that other people have the same kind of thoughts as you do is always gratifying, whether it's about music or misery
>>
people don't realize what real depression core is

real depressed people don't wear things to look like they stand out, they wear things to disappear
>>
File: 1471024230269.jpg (45KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471024230269.jpg
45KB, 600x375px
>Hurricane was supposed to come by SC
>Friend sends me instagram post of acquaintance from highschool
>Its dude with his shirt off and the flower crown filter
>Says he hopes the hurricane hits and fulfills his biggest wish of dying
>mfw he was nothing like this before
I will never understand this "GOD JUST END ME ALREADY PLEASE" thing going on.
>>
>>11842647
this
>>
I'm gonna make being happy the new trend lol
>>
>>11844000
that'd be a nice trend
>>
>>11844000

jk fuck that bullshit lmao
>>
>>11843587

link, i want to see this picture
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.