[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello fa I have a sort of challenge for you what is a wardrobe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: the+perfect+minimalist+wardrobe.jpg (299KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
the+perfect+minimalist+wardrobe.jpg
299KB, 1000x667px
hello fa
I have a sort of challenge for you

what is a wardrobe that is both minimalist and versatile? Like what are staple items that are good to have given a wide variety of situations, ie casual job interview, exploring the woods, being comfy etc.

I'm planning on dropping my life here in the US and going to EU with my friend. Looking for some idea of what essentials I should throw in a bag and go.

not so much brands as things like "a pair of slim black jeans, x color sweater, x type of jacket, y color oxford etc etc"
>>
>>11840906
Just look at minimalist shit.
Antwerp 6 is your friend.
And look on YoungStalin. Theres infographics for you.
>>
>>11841004
youngstalin looks super outdated
what about Antwerp 6? google yields just its some group of designers?

im looking more for a jack of all trades bag of clothes to put together
>>
>>11840906
Build up a few basics by going thrifting and having those pieces cut by a tailor, then use the saved up cash in addition to what is left over to get newer pieces you like. If you want a minimalist wardrobe then just follow no more than five matching colours throughout your wardrobe. Know the rules of thumb like matching socks to trousers to belt etc.
>>
>>11840906
Honestly, it depends on what you do in your daily life, your hobbies, the climate where you live etc. If you live in the south and work in an informal environment, your ideal capsule wardrobe is going to be entirely different than one for someone in New York who works an office job.

INTO-MIND has been pretty helpful for me, but it is more focused around women's clothing, so it might not be for you. I would still recommend it even if the specifics there aren't applicable since a lot of the guides are more general.
>>
thin black jeans
thin blue jeans
khakis
grey t shirt
white t shirt
long-sleeve t shirt, whatever color
black sneakers
black dress shoes
hoodie
white or light blue button up shirt

i would say those are my absolute staples
>>
>>11840906
White sneakers
Black denim
Lightwash denim
Olive Chinos
White T shirts
Grey oxford shirt
Grey knit
>>
>>11840906
It's just an advise among many other, but as a french guy I would just try to buy step by step good quality clothes, because the thing with minimalism is that the quality is very important, since there is nothing to hide it (aka fancy colors etc.)
Just go for jeans and chinos of good brands, few shirts, tees etc in colors that are easy to match, blue, grey, brown and their shades, then pastel colors or earth tones ...
>>
>>11840906
full rick
>>
>>11841209
Die normie scum
>>
>>11842458
I have what I have now and figured id pick out what would be a good assembly of items. luckily earth tones look good on me so that should work
thanks!
>>
>>11841086
Antwerp 6 are, IIRC, a group of friends from a fashion school that put Belgium on the map. Maison Margiela was frequently involved with them but never officially a part of their group. I'm guessing he told you to look into them because their designs are relevant to what you want. Good luck on your move to EU.
>>
>>11840906
We have enough refugees already
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.