[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I read the sticky about denim because I need new ones. Currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (183KB, 468x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
183KB, 468x410px
So I read the sticky about denim because I need new ones. Currently have H&M's that are 3+ years old.
My questions are:
1. There's nothing about stretch denim. What does /fa/ think about them? I sit a lot at work and could lose a few pounds but really need some new jeans that aren't complete garbage.

2. I never had selvedge+raw jeans before. Sticky says that selvedge or raw isn't always equal quality denim, but I kind of want to try them. I'm on a budget so would the three companies listed in Under $100(Unbranded, Bluer, Gustin) be viable choices for a quality pair or do I have to jump into the higher price-range to feel the difference?

3. For those listing only in USD - do they ship usually to Canada and will there be a tax of some sorts?
>>
Uniqlo has selvedge denim. Check them out.
>>
Stretch is for skeletons and not for guys like you, keep this in mind because women think it's the opposite

If you're Canadian buying from the US you're getting fucked, period. There's nothing you can do, you either suck it up and accept that you you'll end up paying twice as much, or you buy local.
>>
stretch denim is absolutely haram. it will make the fabric droop and lend it an ugly plastic texture.

get levis stfs if you want cheap raws, none of those brands are worth the money.
>>
>>11840821
stretch is awful
raw denim is awful

selvedge doesnt necessarily mean anything
>>
>>11841051
What are you trying to say?
>>
1) Stretch denim is fine in the right cases. I wouldn't buy it if you aren't skinny though. I'm skelly mode and I wanted skinnies that were comfortable; super skinny raws are hard to find and would probably be uncomfortable as fuck. I've gotten more complements on my black H&M stretch skinnies than I have on my APC, Acne, & AllSaints skinnies (probably combined). Honestly depends on the rest of your wardrobe and how attractive you are.

2). Those three companies are fine, but I'd honestly say just wait until you can afford better or buy used. If you want stretch, you're probably looking for something skinny, which is hard to find with those brands. They usually have slim or something, but they tend to look really reddit-core. Just my opinion. I got a pair of APC Petite New Standards from the BST threads for like $70 one time; keep an eye on used sites. Regarding "feeling the difference": raw denim is typically heavier and rougher/starchier feeling -- you're not going to be thinking "oh these jeans are amazing" unless you spend more than you're willing to.

3) idfk
>>
>>11841066
buy regular 100% cotton jeans
>>
>>11840867
this man is right, stretch looks good on me but im 6'2" 138lbs
>>
>>11840821
raw jeans are a meme and they will turn all your stuff blue

do not fall for the meme
>>
>>11842551
This, raw denim is uncomfortable, the sizing is weird and the dye will run off on everything it touches. People wanted them because of 'sick fadez' that only appear if you spend literally years wearing only those jeans. Otherwise its a waste of money
>>
bumping for jeans

How much material is too much to hem w/ jeans? I want to order from uniqlo but their shortest jeans are a few inches longer than my inseam (32, my inseam is 30) and some of their longer pants look nice too.
>>
How is Ksubi fit and quality? Im relatively skinny 5'9 115lbs, want a pair of jeans similar cut to the Dior memes but cant afford for the time being.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.