[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /fa/ have any experience/knowledge with the modelling scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: b11.jpg (143KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
b11.jpg
143KB, 600x450px
Does /fa/ have any experience/knowledge with the modelling scene?

Is it as superficial and horror and tears and etc as it seems? Is it even worse? Is it better? Does it depend? Is it pure luck? Is it for dumb dropout bitches only?

Share and discuss.
>>
male model here

it's not that bad

it'll always be superficial but you get to meet a lot of interesting/nice/cool people and travel a lot (which i think is boring in itself, always bring book/film)

ama if u want. i'm going to sleep now cause its 4:30 here but i'll answer in the morning if the thread is still alive
>>
>>11838403
Did you apply or scouted
>>
>>11838403
>I will ask this anon to post a picture of himself
>he will decline even tho he is a """"""""""""""""model""""""""""""""""""
>I will kek audibly

Anon, do you mind posting a pic of yourself so we can see what you look like?
>>
I got scouted by models1 when I was a teen. It was through my friend who was with them and she was actually pretty successful. Got some decent campaigns. I never got anywhere other than some test shoots. But my friend seemed to make good money, travelled. She still does it. I guess your experience depends on how well you do, how your agency protects you, what sort of work you get and such. There's definitely a lot of sketchy shit.
>>
>>11838593
models have posted here b4 u kno
>>
>>11838123
>/fa/
>knowledge

pick one
>>
>>11838403
How's the pay? Is it high enough? Is it stable?
>>
>>11838587
scouted

>>11838593
i prefer to remain anonymous. kek as much as u want:)

>>11839147
that varies a lot per job and per model. some models have work all the time. I don't, just every now and then. pay can be very good and very mediocre. its great to do on the side of studies
>>
>>11838403
Dope. I did catalog work too anon.
>>
>>11839678
>Dope. I did catalog work too anon.
what?
>>
File: 1473069632627.gif (2MB, 283x313px) Image search: [Google]
1473069632627.gif
2MB, 283x313px
>>11839685
N-nothing nevermind
>>
hello i'm tim i think some people here know me, i can't be bothered to post a picture of myself, i can answer your questions

yes its as superficial as you think it is, but there is also a lot of truth and reality in there, i think the female fashion industry is a lot more fake and has a lot more fake output ie instagram, is it worse or better? depends on what you're doing, it all depends on luck, the only difference in this industry, in few industries, is you can't really capitalise on your luck, you get what you're given, that's that, so your prospects are as capricious as luck itself, and you can't master it. You live paycheck to paycheck, unless you're smart and do something else with your time like studying, guys get paid well, minimal work, as already described as boring, and i might add its boring in that there really is nothing for you to do but sit and read, you can't busy yourself or distract yourself, so it is pretty painful, and then when you are working, the emphasis is all on you working so it's 0-100. girls get paid more, they get exploited a lot more, if you're gonna go into it, go into it knowing you can't control what does or doesn't happen, and i'm sorry to say for many nothing will happen, try as they might
>>
File: 23.jpg (28KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
28KB, 480x359px
If you want to make it as a model, you have to be seen as somewhat fashion forward and desirable. A clever way to make yourself appear more desirable is to pose in front of a 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of /fa/. The transfered sex appeal cannot be underestimated.
>>
I would like to try being a model. but i'm 25 female. Nothing serious just to get some cash on the side.
>>
>>11841085
too old
>>
>>11839676
Remain anonymous? You fucking model
>>
>>11841586
yeah but on this board
>>
My girl wanna model but well i don't want rapists around her. Is it safe or not?

My uncle had a model gf a long time ago and some fashion guys asked for sex, and i don't want my gf to go through that type of shit
>>
>>11844039
Most fashion guys ask the male models for sex
>>
>>11844637
can confirm.

havent had it happen to me, but i feel like 70% of the people I encounter in the industry are gay.
>>
>>11844039
your girlfriend won't be asked to have sex, she will completely change though, she'll stop being your girlfriend, and will be the girlfriend of the fashion industry, ie: everybody's girlfriend, she is public property and will act accordingly

you need enormous self confidence, (that of a male model) to match that, if you think you can handle it, do it, also she might not get any work your girlfriend might not be model-tier at all
>>
>>11841997
why people go on the internet and lie ?
>>
File: RO SS17.png (165KB, 1964x1148px) Image search: [Google]
RO SS17.png
165KB, 1964x1148px
>>11845929
whatever
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.