[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever think that /fa/ is a board full of aspirations but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: Unknown.jpg (8KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8KB, 213x237px
Did you ever think that /fa/ is a board full of aspirations but no one ever achieves any of them?
>>
File: AQV9L.gif (455KB, 357x267px) Image search: [Google]
AQV9L.gif
455KB, 357x267px
>4chan
>achieve
>>
Yeah! Its kind of like the rest of the world if you think about it.
>>
File: 1466720484967.png (29KB, 680x359px) Image search: [Google]
1466720484967.png
29KB, 680x359px
>>11833784
mate I was doomed to a life of failure the moment I found I could relate to people on this site. This board especially is just a collection of outsiders doing their best to hide their insecurities.

Should have known better.
>>
File: hi-im-josh.jpg (295KB, 1134x2048px) Image search: [Google]
hi-im-josh.jpg
295KB, 1134x2048px
>>11833784
yeah exactly that, I've been browsing 4chan for maybe 5 or 6 years, and at first boards are exciting... then you reach a point where you outgrow the humour, and you've acquainted yourself well enough with a few boards to realise they're all the same.
/fa/ at first glance appears to be a cool, underground, apathetic, cutting-edge userbase - and if I hadn't found them I probably wouldn't have such a broad interest in styles, let alone even be interested in clothes. But they're stuck in a rut. They just talk in circles and are relish in the outdated '/fa/ uniform'. I reversed searched your Wojack image their OP and it's from 2013 - still applies today. Their are still users reiterating that shaved sides is the only acceptable haircut, that all-black is a way of life, that if you don't wear full rick you're a plebeian. Rick probably has /fa/ to thank for his ongoing success; seeing as geobaskets made their first appearance in 2005 - that's over a decade ago. So much for cutting-edge.

I think once /fa/ starts to feel stagnant to you, it's time to move on to somewhere better - preferably not a Bosnian-based taxidermy discussion forum obsessed with expressing their subconscious weeb beginnings through overpriced clothes (pic related).
>>
File: couple indian chaps.jpg (659KB, 1280x1747px) Image search: [Google]
couple indian chaps.jpg
659KB, 1280x1747px
>>11833823
Stop orbiting your life with gay-ass tumblr memes like that pic you uploaded and go outside. Go browse fashion sites that don't vilify you for originality and not being addicted to anxiety medication.
>>
>>11833787
Kek
>>
File: 1385472876804.jpg (22KB, 279x284px)
1385472876804.jpg
22KB, 279x284px
>>11833839
I'm still doing that, going outside and smoking/drinking with friends and all. But everything I wanted to do and be when I was younger kind of just fell by the wayside.

That picture was from /hikki/ iirc.

>>11833832
On /fa/, I think I'm just tired of seeing endless hostility everywhere. Maybe I turned into a massive pussy but I like to think that I just grew up a tiny bit.
>>
>>11833784
I've never admitted this but I'm not a great looking guy and I had always dressed like absolute trash.

When I came to fa I just wanted to dress decently well enough to get casual sex.

I attained that goal pretty easily. And there is little else for me here beyond that aspect.

I spent a lot of money thinking brioni and Hermes were the epitome of fucking luxury and that yohji was a lifestyle to attain but it really isn't

Yohji is an idiot parroting tumblr memes with a failing brand with a history of failed brands propped up only by some ugly addidas.

Brioni stuff is just shit sold to old men

Overall fa was a success to me, a successful endeavor overall.

Board culture kept me interesting since ifni didn't troll or do shit like call Shannon ugly or send Spoony's nudes she was spamming here to her parents i would have been disinterested very quickly
>>
>>11833903
>Implying you're not a virgin
>>
>>11833903
elaborate on the point of yohji pls
>>
File: IMG_4642.jpg (30KB, 381x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4642.jpg
30KB, 381x396px
I have many aspirations and I will achieve all of them. I already was able to transfer from community college to a top 20 Us college. I've got a 3.8gpa secured a job after grwduation at a growing tech company. I quit all drugs cold turkey and recovered from a parasite infection that nearly killed me. Stop being weak and put effort into your life. You will be so much happier. Also I'm not even close to being done with my goals.
>>
>>11834056
Every communication have a situation where the collaboration of contamination increases the creation of determination of corporation.
>>
>>11833832
>Rick probably has /fa/ to thank for his ongoing success

That you think so is absolutely hilarious
>>
>>11834072
good for you anon, based
>>
>>11834072
I want to have your motivation.
Assuming this is real, well done anon.
>>
It's a fashion board. If you consider fashion to be a form of art, which many do then the entire point is that there's never ending aspiration or pursuit of something more. It's like a creative outlook on consumerism.

Unless you're talking about IRL shit like friends and jobs and grades. Then yeah you're right.
>>
>>11834293
Thanks man. I hope you are doing ok

>>11834389
You can. I had no motivation but found it in myself once I realized I am the only one in control of my own destiny. Read think and grow rich and how to influence people and win friends. They will help you jump start your progress. Remove everything from your life that is holding you back and don't be afraid of change. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Want to hear the moment I decided to change my life? I worked at an audio tech company setting up speakers for events. It was back breaking and hot as hell. I was going to community college at the time. I did a show at university of Chicago and set up for all of the graduation. The way people looked at me like I was shit made me feel horrible. I went into the bathroom and cried because I felt like nothing. That was the day I decided to try as hard as I could to become someone. You can do it if I can.
>>
>>11834539
I had a similar revelation since a relationship I was in broke down, I've basically written a manifesto (just a list of my interests and ways to improve my knowledge, skills and image) and I plan to implement them in my life before next summer when I'll move country and start my life again.
>>
File: 1474141204320.jpg (43KB, 900x600px)
1474141204320.jpg
43KB, 900x600px
>>11834539
>I went into the bathroom and cried because I felt like nothing.

We are nothing, anon. Also, basing your success off how people look at you seems pretty fucking stupid in my opinion. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. But then again, this is a fashion board so I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>11834209
4chan has always trickled down onto the rest of the internet. I recognise that Rick is one of the most successful designers currently, but what I'm saying is he owes a lot of that to the internet fashion culture - Yohji certainly does.
>>
>>11834072

Can't wait to work 9 to 7 producing mediocre tech to make money for people who don't care about your product or your tech.

Can't wait to reach the exact same mediocre goals that everyone else has, buy the same things, live the same experiences.

Can't wait to brag that having the willpower to endure all this is someone a choice you can make, a choice to stop being "weak".
>>
>>11833832
>But they're stuck in a rut. They just talk in circles and are relish in the outdated '/fa/ uniform'.

lol no its not this board is 90% kanye fans who ask for "skateinspo" and ask if they daily aspects of their life are effay or not. this board is very /reddit/ now and it makes complete sense too.
>>
>>11834606
What have you done today to get yourself closer to those goals?
>>
>>11834689

no they owe it to stylezeitgeist, ultimately. 4chan received rick and yohji as the trickle-down from sz
>>
>>11834106
this is not rap genius nigga
>>
File: 1399934785125.gif (920KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1399934785125.gif
920KB, 250x250px
>>11833784
Proverb of the day: "It's about the journey, not the destination!"
>>
Besides all the shitposting, I have not a single friend, so this board somewhat compensates for it. It's pathetic to admit, but I've just come to accept that people distance themselves from me after a few conversations. It's happened plenty of times before. Everything I do, I do alone. Concerts, art galleries, whatever. I may meet people, speak to them a few times, and then just get thrown away like garbage
>>
>>11837114
no one has to love you, you don't deserve any love
love is a gift & its given to those deserving. But I don't want to say deserving, because you might go off and create some shit resume & then expect people to love you. You're a shitty person and they only love you'll ever get is love through grace

give people that grace & you'll get it back eventually
>>
>>11833839
do you think a 6'1 140 lbs white guy could pull this off? they look great.
>>
>>11837156
no
>>
>>11837156
>they look great

come on now
>>
>>11834718
Then keep being sad and bitter on the internet you loser
>>
There's a split between clothing and one's appearance on /fa/

I've never entered a thread that wasnt about clothes but from the little snippets I've seen, most of them are deeply insecure. This leaks into clothing threads when they always ask for help on a fit that makes up for a certain area of their body.

I've only ever come here for inspo and help with ID's but most of the time, I get what I need from here, buy it, and wear it. I think that's how it should be.

Then again, Im probably in the minority when it comes to talking about one's appearance because I've never had any problems with my own appearance outside of highschool

Unless you're horrendously ugly, you can make most things work just by having confidence in your fits. I was deeply insecure for the first half of highschool but when I changed how I viewed myself, other people saw me differently too.
>>
>>11837252
I think the boards culture needs to change to actually helping eachother, this is 4chan so i know there is shitposting all the time but no one seems to actually share any information here like they do on other boards. Like whats the best skin cream or a list of cool brands.

>>11837114
I have no friends either its okay
>>
>>11837252
>Unless you're horrendously ugly, you can make most things work just by having confidence in your fits. I was deeply insecure for the first half of highschool but when I changed how I viewed myself, other people saw me differently too.

This is what the people we make fun of behind their back think about the way they dress.

Wew lad.
>>
>>11837563
we're awful people
>>
File: wank4u.jpg (16KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
wank4u.jpg
16KB, 600x400px
>>11837525

> I think the boards culture needs to change to actually helping eachother...

If /fa/ or 4chan changes, then it wouldn't be 4chan.

4chan is a cesspool of faggotry, circlejerk, and dogma. However, out of that cesspool of garbage comes a median amalgam of some decently strange, progressive shit. A lot of it eventually trickling down to and emulated by - the mainstream eventually. Whether that be good or bad is debatable.

Is it perfect, no.
Does it have its place, maybe.
Should it change, who knows.

Fuck you.
>>
>>11833903
>"I've never admitted this but I'm not a great looking guy and I had always dressed like absolute trash"

>implying everybody here hasn't already known this for years
>>
>>11837128
I don't really expect love anymore tbf, it's just any kind of companionship would be nice.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.