[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post everything/wp/2016/09/08

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 181985015.jpg (65KB, 395x594px) Image search: [Google]
181985015.jpg
65KB, 395x594px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/09/08/tim-gunn-designers-refuse-to-make-clothes-to-fit-american-women-its-a-disgrace/?utm_term=.a8a8580c632a#comments

This guy thinks fashion is excluding fat women.

The comments are full of "You go, Tim. Make more avant garde bedsheets for me to wear" comments.

What do you think? I don't even think this is about weight. Fashion fashion isn't for fat normie suburban women. You can find regular clothes for them. If they want fashion, they aren't complaining about sizing because they already starved themselves to fit in.
>>
>>11817625
A pig wearing lipstick is still a pig.

I don't understand why I get so bothered by fat women, but not much by fat men. I think it may be because many men can acknowledge their fatness, while many women make excuses.
>>
This is how capitalism works; the best rise to the top. The highest paid athletes are the genetic anomalies with bodies most suited toward their particular sport, so it should not be a problem that the highest paid models are the most thin and beautiful.

That is not to say that our country does not have major problems with how we treat women and what traits in them we value most highly, but professionals should not be curbed in their work because what they do is unachievable to the average person.
>>
>>11817992
Because men are supposed to be big. With the excess fat probably comes some more muscle, so fat men at least demonstrate some masculine traits.

There is no reason for women to be fat. None. Women do not need to be strong or big. It is actually counter to their health to be big because that makes it harder to pass children.

If you're a woman, you have one job: don't be fat. If you can't do that, you're worthless literally.
>>
>>11818300
t. Barren skelington
>>
>>11818241
>This is how capitalism works
>implying seeing a market in fat people isn't the same capitalism

>what they do is unachievable to the average person.
lol delusional burger thinking fat is the natural state
>>
>>11818356
He was saying what models do is unachievable for the average person you dip.
>>
File: IMG_003.jpg (349KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_003.jpg
349KB, 1920x1280px
>>11818307
Believe whatcha want. I used to be skelly but not anymore.
>>
>>11818391
how long did it take you?
>>
>>11818402
11 month still improving
>>
>>11818391
where are your lats bro
>>
>>11818300
you sound like a barrel of laughs
>>
>>11818391
Fuark not bad keep it up bro
I'm still skinnyfat but not really too bad so I still look fine in clothes but I need to get fit
>>
>>11818391
I was implying that you're a skinny barren bitch that can't ovulate
Skinny bitches aren't fertile
>>
>>11818391
please teach me how you did this
>>
>>11818514
I'd rather be skinny and have problems because I'm thin than be so fat I litteraly crush a baby in my womb.

There's plus size fashion already, no designer who caters to model women should have to change for a fat bitch when there's already a niche for that.
Fat bitches don't belong on the walk with real models. Plain and simple.
There's NO reason so be a fats in this day and age when there's a diet plan on every corner aND no one forces you to eat unhealthy.
I can't stand when fat women act like they deserve somthing for being fat, you made youself that way and if it's a medical reason, fucking fix it and eat how your doctor tells you. Jesus christ.
I used to be big, then I realized what a fat cow I was and how people litteraly treat you different. And they do that because it's not NORMAL to be so heavy your love handles jiggle with every step.
Lost weight and honestly my life have improved ten fold. I don't know why anyone would be proud of being fat.
>>
>>11817625
>who is rick
>who is rei
>who is yohji
literally just three designers on top of my mind and there are obviously more. all three have sent fat models down the runway. to dismiss the whole of fashion as excluding fat people is just factually wrong whether you agree with their politics or not. not to mention that i can say for certain that the latter two of the three dont even do it with political motives (not to bash rick but im just not as familiar with his work as the other two)
>>
File: 1450222436497.jpg (84KB, 960x915px) Image search: [Google]
1450222436497.jpg
84KB, 960x915px
Insurance companies should be allowed absolute freedom to deal with fat people as they see fit.

America's healthcare issues would disappear in a week.
>>
>>11818543
Because a shitload of people would die from preventable illnesses
>>
>>11818557
Sorry they'd choose death over eating less? What do you want me to do about it?
>>
>>11818560
Do you know about hypothyroidism
People don't have a choice but to take thyroid replacement pills, and those make them fat
Or autoimmune diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis? Steroids are prescribed to millions of people, and a very common side effect is weight gain
>>
File: 1468541195882.gif (857KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468541195882.gif
857KB, 200x200px
>>11818569
None of those things actually CAUSE obesity, when you get down to the science of it. At worst they make it easier to gain weight.

Being a pig is the one and only way to get there.
>>
>>11818574
I've been a nurse for six years and have met plenty of normal people who got fat because of the meds they need to take to survive
Bird appetites, fat as fuck, it's not an easy lifestyle
>>
>>11818582
>Bird appetites, fat as fuck

Bullshit. They're chugging twinkies on the side. Calories in/calories out is not 100% of the story, but it's enough of it that one can definitively say that you're not going to GAIN weight on a sustained caloric deficit.

Again, it's pure gluttony and nothing else. Insurance companies have a right to make them pay for that sin, and only the government is stopping them right now.
>>
>>11818588
I was initially critical as well; I grew up in a place with a big obesity problem (border town) and assumed the first person was just lying
but I paid very close attention...she never ate, ever

then a good friend of mine had his wife gain a lot of weight when she started getting treated for thyroid problems
and like with diabetics, type 1 diabetics know that they can not take their insulin and lose a lot of weight (since sugar only gets metabolized if it's actually in the blood cells, not if it's just in the serum) but that can throw someone into DKA, cause kidney failure, and is generally unsafe; thus diabetics have weight issues too
>>
>>11818597
>but I paid very close attention...she never ate, ever

you're not with them 24/7 you goober

fat people generally do not feel comfortable gorging themselves in front of people they know. they'll do it when they're alone
>>
>>11818612
k
>>
>>11818432
damn, I'm just over a year in and I don't look this good. Probably because I had to lose weight to begin with, but w/e, good work mate
>>
>>11818625
Where are all the hyperthyroid sufferers of the 1930s?
>>
>>11818829
they were probably undiagnosed
>>
>>11818829
stop being edgy kid
>>
>>11818829
>>11818612
>>11818588
>>11818574
>>11818560
>>11818543
master edgelord
king of 0 empathy
im not even fat but youre a huge fucking faggot if you think "lol why cant they just have the willpower to eat less when theyre on medication i can do this why cant they i am the best"
its not so black and white anon
>>
File: 1460232890170.jpg (97KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1460232890170.jpg
97KB, 872x685px
Fat people should be excluded and marginalized. It's gluttonous, unhealthy, and disgusting.

My coworker is having serious neurological issues because she is such a fat fuck. Literally her leg went limp in rush hour because the fat is causing her spine to impact nerves. She always complains about how her doctor tells her to lose weight and that she doesn't schedule appointments "to see Jenny-fucking-Craig". As if the fucking doctor is just telling you to lose weight for no good reason. Fat people have no self control and no self-worth and should be treated accordingly.
>>
>>11819086
>implying the majority of obese cunts on healthcare are fatfucks because medical conditions previous to their obesity
>>
being fat is a mental disorder called I cant stop eating because I have no self control
>>
>>11819223
type 2 diabetes is hereditary and you dont have to be obese to get thyroid problems
im not saying obesity is okay in any shape or form but youre literally retarded
underage edgelord please leave
>>
File: 1455126815672.gif (546KB, 255x255px)
1455126815672.gif
546KB, 255x255px
>>11819269
>youre literally retarded
>underage edgelord please leave
but I'm exactly in the right place
>>
>>11818391
hnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>11818391
very nice senpai
>>
>>11818557
Being fat is a preventable ilness.
>>
>>11818391
wow that's amazing inspo
can you describe your workout process?
>>
>>11819269
DMII is not strictly hereditary. Learn some cellular micro and you'd figure how excessive levels of adipokines and chronic glucotoxicity can screw with cell signaling
>>
>>11818569
Not to hop on this wagon but hypothyroidism pills actually make you lose weight.
Unchecked hypothyroidism makes it really hard not to gain weight though. Your overall metabolism slows down to maddening levels.
(I have hypothyroidism and an ~18bmi. Also spent some time in grad school studying the disease)
>>
>>11819223
Now you're just moving the goal posts. Your initial point was "I don't care about your circumstances medical or otherwise just stop eating lol". Own up to your stupid position faggot.
>>
>>11819412
He said he did it in 11 months. Not possible without roids.
>>
>>11818829
In freakshows
>>
>>11819833
Its possible to get that in 11 months without roids. fuck it all depends on genetics though.
>>
>>11819728
You might be confusing the terms
Hypothyroidism is a common medical problem treated with a supplemental thyroid hormone called synthroid in most cases. Hyperthyroidism makes you feel speedy and look skinny (and actually pretty /fa/) but it's bad for your heart and a common course of action is partial thyroidectomy, thus forcing you to take thyroid supplements
>>
Fat people are disgusting and should be excluded from society.
>>
>>11819269
lmao it's entirely preventable even if hereditary. I had a 75% chance of getting it due to family history and worked my ass off to be as healthy as I am.
>>
>>11819806
It's not the same guy retard
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.