[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fall is coming. Thinking of getting a leather jacket anyone know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Fall is coming. Thinking of getting a leather jacket anyone know a place to buy some? I'm looking for a moto leather jacket.

such as the pic.
>>
What's your budget? If it's less than 600-700 go second-hand.
>>
>>11759117
go to the thift store for brown leather, sub $1k leather looks terrible until it is heavy worn in
>>
File: 500full-christian-hogue.jpg (96KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
500full-christian-hogue.jpg
96KB, 500x750px
>>
>>11759117
DO NOT buy a cheap leather jacket.

I know it sounds like an elitist ass, but trust me, buying a sub 1000€ jacket will not make you happy. Think of it as an investment that you can potentially wear for the rest of your life.

Don't look for a 'place' to buy. Find a specific jacket that you like first, and then look where you can get it for the best price. There are great deals for Italian designer jackets if you buy directly from Italy. But do research first if the store is legit.
>>
Anybody recomend some greaser type jackets?
>>
Schott
>>
>>11762523
This is good advice.

With that in mind however, do you really see yourself wearing a leather jacket for the rest of your life? Just ten years ago a completely different kind of leather jacket was in style, and today it's ridiculed to hell and back.

Obviously you shouldn't shy away from buying quality goods, but you really should ask yourself (when it comes to buying stuff that will last you a lifetime) "will I really end up wearing this item of clothing THAT much?"

More often than not, the answer is no.
>>
As people have said,if you cant afford new high quality lether jacket,check the trift stores and Craigslist (or similar site).I got myself a jacket of my dreams.Also a biker jacket.Sure it's almost 30 years old,but it suits me perfectly,has everything I wanted from a moto leather jacket.And apart from skin being a bit dried out,its in mint condition.Payed 100$ for it(second world country here so that money is fairly lot for a leather jacket)and didnt regret a dime
>>
Got a nice one at Roots for 8 a few weeks ago
>>
>>11759117
if you aren't cuffing your sleeves and pant legs and tucking in your white t-shirt every day, you're not going to be happy with spending so much on a piece of clothing you'll wear so little.

It's easy to spot fake leather from a mile away, which is why everyone recommends that you invest in a quality jacket which can and should last for longer than you'd probably ever wear it.
>>
>>11763628
>wearing so little

I would never cuff my pant legs or tuck in a t shirt and I wear mine all the time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.