[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright so i want to work at American apparel. Has anyone here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (86KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 980x490px
Alright so i want to work at American apparel. Has anyone here worked there? How was your experience?

Also i know they are very fond of their image so they only hire attractive people, I am pretty good looking so I don't worry about that.
>>
doesn't matter if you're good looking, really, they just want people who look *different* in their kind of way.

but yea, send in an application. iirc you have to submit pics of yourself
>>
>>11658117
you just gotta fit their 'look'

had a friend who worked there, usual retail job, be prepared to see a ton of underage high school girls
>>
>>11658283
Highschool girls are the reason why I'm applying.
>>
>>11658302
pedo
>>
>>11658123
lol that's illegal; considered discrimination to not hire someone based on physical appearance
>>
>>11659862
how will you prove that though?

it happens at all stores, but it's their discretion for hiring so as long as they don't put it in writing "we didnt hire you cuz u ugly" you can't do anything about it

i work at best buy and only the attractive people are moved from other departments to "sales floor". it's the same shit everywhere
>>
Don't bother OP, the company is going under fast and they are trying to save face by 'rebranding'. The aesthetic isn't quite the same and they basically don't give a fuck anymore who they hire from the looks of things. Worst job I ever had desu and I worked there during the heyday. The stores were all run by fucking kids so it really doesn't surprise me at all that things went south.
>>
I love how few or the girls that work at these stores wear Bras.
>>
>>11658302
fuck off degenerate
>>
>>11659876
If you can prove it as a systematic discrimination then that would end in a class action lawsuit
Unless best buy has a mandatory arbitration clause then you're fucked lol
>>
>>11659896
This, you also have to be on brand and season so you can't wear clothes they don't make anymore
>>
>>11659896
They seem to be doing okay overseas, if OP isn't in the U.S. he might be fine.

But yah, I see fewer and fewer of them. I've read some accounts of people who worked there in the mid to late '00s, seemed like a cool fuck-it job as long as Dov didn't pay a visit.
>>
>>11659959
My family owns a popular restaurant. All the waitresses are technically employed as 'models' so that we are allowed to discriminate based on appearance.
>>
>>11659959
there's literally no way to prove this don't be retarted
>>
>>11661408
That's interesting and not terribly surprising
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.