[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion is a lie. When you buy and wear a garb to impress, you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 151215_GABE_750.jpg (43KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
151215_GABE_750.jpg
43KB, 750x750px
Fashion is a lie. When you buy and wear a garb to impress, you're lying in a very elaborate way about who and what you are. A fashion item you didn't make could not possibly be an expression of the self as advertisers will pay heaps of money to have you think. The pursuit of fashion is vain, and therefor reserved for the spiritually and morally weak.

Discuss.

pic unrelated
>>
>>11589644
>>11589379

Read the board before you steal my content, fag.
>>
>>11589653
i stole it from /b/
>>
>>11589657

me*

just delete the thread because I don't want to get banned because of you buddeh.
>>
>>11589644
>20xx
>believing in "morals"

well spook'd
>>
>>11589660
wait, so did you post it first on /b/ or /fa/?
>>
>>11589671

/fa/, then /b/, but this thread you copied from my /b/ thread is the same as a thread that already exists here:

>>11589379
>>
>>11589677
thanks for clearing things up
sorry for stealing your post didn't know it was posted here.
>>
>>11589681

Sorry for calling you a fag that wasn't nice and I apologize.
>>
Everyday fashion is a lie, but the pursuit of fashion is the effort to transcend that lie of everyday fashion. Everyday fashion is dressing for others, to achieve a goal, for example to impress business associates or attract a mate. The pursuit of fashion is to dress for oneself, to rise above the lie of fashion and find a deeper purpose. You are exactly wrong, fashion is only for the morally and spiritually strong.
>>
>says the midget dog that was specifically bred as a fashion accessory
>>
>>11589704
This is correct more or less. Thinking too hard about fashion defeats the point, really, it should follow your lifestyle and habits. There's a problem of authenticity, for sure, eg the difference between dressing punk bc you're a homeless high school drop out who plays guitar in a band and dressing "punk" bc you like Hedi. One's true style comes about from living your life in the most quintessentially "you" way, the clothes should follow. If you decide to take up smoking and guitar to fit your clothes, you're doing it all wrong and everyone can tell.
>>
>>11589694
>>11589681
yall so fucking cute how about you get married
>>
I dont think it's that important. I just like dressing nice and dressing the way I (emphasis on I) want to dress. Weak people.just wear whatever society tells them to wear or what they can where without thinking. At least people here are (generally) thinking for themselves.
>>
>>11589644
>Fashion is a lie.

Yeah it can be a lie but it all depends on the person.

>When you buy and wear a garb to impress, you're lying in a very elaborate way about who and what you are

True but its conditional, if you are buying clothing only to show off and impress other people then you are correct or even if someone who is buying certain clothing because of the appeal of the designer brand or the circle jerk lure behind trends opposed to actually wearing somthing that is compatible with your personality and compliments your self identity.

>The pursuit of fashion is vain, and therefor reserved for the spiritually and morally weak.

It can be vain and for the most part on /fa/ it is very vain. Despite that, morals and spirituality is meaningless to me and that seems to be shared by most people so fuck your morals.
>>
It's really not that deep m8
>>
>>11589644
wow bro ur so fuckin smart, man. like *boooom* on my head. did you think of that all by urself?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.