[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would you guys consider the most cancerous fashion subculture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: bieber-tour-merch-11.jpg (71KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
bieber-tour-merch-11.jpg
71KB, 1024x682px
what would you guys consider the most cancerous fashion subculture?

for me its the streetwear/hypebeast subculture.
mostly because a lot of brands like fear of god and kanye's yeezy line get hyped up and eventually get copied making it more annoying because now you have to deal with fuckbois on both ends of the taxbracket.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 500x750px
Welcome to the future, old man
>>
the one kanye tries to ripoff or is part of
>>
>>11554406
its obvious that streetwear is the most cancerous. almost to the point where theres no reason for you to even ask the question.

that being said, its no big deal. there will always be people doing things you dont necessarily agree with. im sure you dress in a way that isnt accepted by all perspectives of fashion, so whats the difference?

live and let live anon. the fact that people are so quick to attack only shows their own insecurity and need to be above other people
>>
i think there's a spectrum for streetwear though.

Supreme is the epitome of corny, along with certain other names (palace, CDG play, bape) that are mostly worn as a kind of threshold buy, signifying that you're part of some kind of imaginary conversation about contemporary youth culture. It's status anxiety embodied.

Others primarily just experiment with different looks and shapes, and often still use it to express their status (under cover, number (n)ine, raf, etc) but don't seem to be engaged in a pretentious hype cycle
>>
File: 1465733910524.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1465733910524.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>11555009
i personally would not consider those brands streetwear. MAYBE n(n) but not raf or undercover.

while they design with the principle of streetwear in mind, this does not make their lines exclusively streetwear. whereas supreme and bape are more blatantly playing off of the streetwear culture.
>>
>>11555009
>primarily just experiment with different looks and shapes
Exactly how new are you? Seriously man, learn to lurk before posting.
>>
>>11554896
>wears supreme
>becomes the new OBEY meme by 2018
>>
File: Arnold.jpg (13KB, 264x368px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold.jpg
13KB, 264x368px
reminds me of this
>>
>sophisticated beard subculture
>>
File: RW7gk.jpg (552KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
RW7gk.jpg
552KB, 2448x3264px
>>11556957
Also the suspenders and bow tie shit. Someone explain the appeal of this
>>
>>11556957
I absolutely hate it when guys with huge tattoos dress professionally.
>>
File: tumblr_mjintp8BAQ1ru6dsho1_1280.jpg (144KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjintp8BAQ1ru6dsho1_1280.jpg
144KB, 683x1024px
>>11555009
>but don't seem to be engaged in a pretentious hype cycle

youre blinded by the fact that you actually like the clothes, but theyre very much a part of the internet status-flexing economy

see: new money asians on instagram decked out in paul harnden and guidi. you can usually find a picture or two on their pages with them and rick/at the rick store
>>
>>11556966
Cant tell if sarcasm but i low (high) key agree.
>>
>>11556975
Not sarcasm. It reeks of "little boy playing dress up"
>>
All trends are garbage
>>
>>11556961
Aw man this. My friend wants me to dress in suspenders and a bow tie for her wedding and I am dreading that shit. It's weird because she's actually one of the best dressed people I know, but her taste in men's fashion is a little cringey sometimes.
>>
the "ironically dressing like a beta" subculture that dominates /fa/ is pure cancer.
>>
>>11557038
this
big sweaters and white tennis shoes needs to die off asap
>>
>>11557038
>>11557050
lmao lurk more pls
>>
>>11555009
A lot of supreme stuff can be corny but a lot of it is pretty decent too. Bape kills me inside. I just really hate the way it looks like it's made for little kids. Palace is primarily a skate brand so it's hard to expect a more fashion aspect to their clothing, but I dig the triferg design honestly.
>>
>>11557095
nice counterargument
off yourself
>>
>>11557095
t. ironic beta
>>
File: 8026436.jpg (130KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8026436.jpg
130KB, 1200x1200px
>>11554406
Instagram or internet based young people who use rare or significant pieces in their outfits, such as Mike the Ruler or Luka Sabbat. I have trouble enjoying a brand as much as I did before when they infect it, fortunately my favorite brand has managed to mostly dodge their influence.

>>11555026
Bape has plenty of nice items such as pic related that are not all branding. I want to say the same for Supreme, but I dislike the way the majority of Supreme's releases are things you would find in a 90s thrift store with 'Supreme' somewhere on them.
>>
>>11557038
>>11557050
what these two said
>>
>>11555009
this is right, although I wouldn't even place the two on the same spectrum because of how different they are conceptually and their purpose in fashion.
honestly there needs to be another term for raf, uc, etc to distinguish from the hypebeast culture that most associate the term """streetwear""" with
>>
>>11557298
nah mikes alright
>>
>>11557330
Kys
>>
>>11554406
Whatever Bieber wears.
>>
>>11555026
She's too fluffy
>>
File: Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg (35KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg
35KB, 316x316px
>>11557038
>ironically
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.