[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be real, do you guys like this watch (Timex Weekender)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 49

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
Let's be real, do you guys like this watch (Timex Weekender)? Some hate it and others love it. It seems to easily border on le Reddit core or frat bro core depending on the strap but I really dig the Olive strap with the white face.

Also, any recommendations on a cheap simple watch that is similar?
>>
Seiko 5 maybe ?
>>
>>11537089

I have that exact watch, family. If you don't dress like a reddit memer, you won't look like one.
>>
It's a cheap, plain, and unoffensive watch. Don't worry so much about it.
>>
>>11537089
I have it. Unironically wear it on weekends or when hiking. During the week I wear a raymond weil, a SK007 and a certina. But I fucking love my weekender. Reliable and cheap, just like I like my women
>>
>>11537089
I like the design/style. And Indiglo is nice, too, beats lume hands down in my opinion. The only reason I wouldn't get a Weekender is that I want to at least have a date window. Just my personal preference is all.
>>
seagull 1963 is objectively the best sub $1000 watch
>>
File: freestyle predator green nylon.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
freestyle predator green nylon.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Dude, the only watch with a green nylon strap worth buying is a freestyle predator.
>>
If you're a poorfag get a Seiko 5/ Seiko SKX/ Orient Mako diver/ Seiko SARB. If you can't afford that just stick to using your phone. No watch on the wrist is better than shit watch
>>
>>11537089
any watch that ticks too loudly should be destroyed imo. no matter how good it is otherwise.

same goes for most swatches.

what are they all thinking?
>>
I have one, it's nice, I've gotten a couple compliments on it. Being able to switch out watch bands easily is nice.
>>
File: Timex_1.jpg (86KB, 530x447px) Image search: [Google]
Timex_1.jpg
86KB, 530x447px
Is the easy reader reddit?
>>
>>11537089
I have one, and also a Timex Easy Reader. Nicely designed, simple, cheap. The Uniqlo of watches, basically.
>>
>>11539139
>See this shit
>Think it's hot fire
>Sold out

Fucking ree
>>
File: 1469096367602.jpg (136KB, 1114x984px) Image search: [Google]
1469096367602.jpg
136KB, 1114x984px
>>
opinions on junghans ?
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 867x651px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 867x651px
>>11537360
This. The eco drive is a good alternative if you're looking for weekender style but nicer packaging
>>
>>11537089
Where can I get a black leather band for this?
>>
>>11539537
Nice. Though I would not get the chrono unless you actually would use it
>>
hmu with some nice weekender straps pals
>>
>>11539557
Anon, I mean... ANON. This looks good.
>>
>>11539596
amazon
>>
>>11539491
That Pyramid is absolutely the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen. I hope people don't actually listen to this.

1. Hublot and Longines are questionable at that price.
2. How the fuck is Mido so low? it's a great cheaper Swiss watch. Why is Stowa and Constant at the bottom too? Bulova is a watch you should NEVER buy? You should arbitrarily put Citizen on the same tier as Bulova if you will pull that shit, as the materials, quality, and finishing are almost identical since Citizen purchased Bulova. You can dislike some of the lower end quartz Bulovas selling for $200, and maybe some of their designs, but they have done fantastic things in the watch community, and still put out fantastic watches.
3. If someone here gets a Invicta 8926 Diver, it comes with a 24 jewel Seiko NH35A movement, which has been used in Seiko 5's. Given the general quality of the bracelet and dial, and overall finishing of the Invicta, it is a huge bargain for it's price, given you can get it around $70 USD. You may not like the Invicta marketing or other corporate BS, but they do have great value watches.
I will also say the same about SeaGull, they are fantastic movements for the price, and the SeaGull brand watches are also fantastic, it is like getting a $1200 watch for $250. The movements are durable, and relatively accurate and beautiful, on higher end seagull movements the finishing is absolutely amazing considering that cheap Chinese price.

Wow. And Fucking Tudor is up there in the top Tier, that is fucking hilarious. Not to mention Swatch is up there with group 3, that's fucking stupid. Breitling is also wayyyyyyyyy to high in this chart, absolutely terrible, realistically it should be in group 3, only if people find a 50% off sale on it.

I got to be completely honest, those tier 5 watches, such as Invicta, Stuhrling, and Seagull, are fantastic watches given their price, this is really just a terrible pyramid. Lol Hublot in the second tier.
>>
>>11539491
There is literally nothing wrong with that chart and I 100% agree with it. the 1. triangle are the only watches I'd ever wear.
>>
>>11540287
Not at all. Maybe 70% of the chart is accurate. And as with my original post pointing out why it is so off base, you can easily research each of the watches I point out are misplaced. I just don't want people to think that certain watch brands are shit because some uneducated autist who thinks he is a watch expert made a shitty pyramid. I am not even arguing with the top tier, a lot of those brands are fantastic with great craftsmanship, but I think you also have a misunderstanding of watches if you are elitist enough to say that you would only wear those tier 1 brands, but hey, if you like those watches only, I won't bash them, they certainly are good watches up there, but I sure as hell would take Tudor off.
>>
>>11539557
Please anon what is the model and how much does it sell for? It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I want one. Maybe would go for a leather strap, but god, its like Weekender, but with a day/date. It's perfect. Where do I get one?
>>
>>11540381
>some $100 citizen eco-drive garbage
>"it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL"

lmao thanks for reminding me to never take advice from /fa/
>>
>>11540394
Tastes differ mate
>>
>>11539557
This thing is fucking hideous.
>>
>>11540402
No, that's not how this works "mate".

You just don't know enough. Try on an F.P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu, then your Macys trash, and tell me it' a "difference in taste"

You're lying through your fucking teeth because you don't know anything and if you'd only admit that, you wouldn't say stupid things like that.
>>
>Reddit
>Actually having an internet site in mind when picking clothing

Are you literally fucking retarded you 16 year old mongoloid? I'm not saying you should just 'wear what you like', because your fashion sense is probably horendous, but don't base what you wear off some imaginary feud between '4chan' and 'reddit'. If anything, I'd rather dress like 'reddit' than like '4chan' because people on 4chan are generally autistic no life retards, you know, like you.
>>
File: IMG_0251.jpg (533KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0251.jpg
533KB, 1000x1000px
>>11540412
cont.

Pic related is a F.P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu. They go for about $15,000. Your "beautiful" watch looks like a piece of shit in comparison
>>
File: PatekPhilippe5970-4.jpg (647KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
PatekPhilippe5970-4.jpg
647KB, 1000x667px
>>11540412
>>11540431
cont.

Pic related is a Patek Philippe 5970. I wouldn't let your shit ass watch be in the same room with this fucking masterpiece.
>>
File: 7457657.png (3MB, 1690x821px) Image search: [Google]
7457657.png
3MB, 1690x821px
>>11540412
>>11540431
>>11540440
cont.

You may go "Hey, those are very expensive anon. Of course they look great." and that's if you're even intelligent enough to see the beauty in them, which you probably aren't being a fucking twat you are calling some shitty junk behind a Macys counter "BEAUTIFUL"

Pic related is a Stowa Flieger. They go for maybe $800. It looks fucking great, it's built fucking great, it has a lot of fucking history behind it, and it shits all over your garbage """watch""".

Spend a penny less than $700 on a watch, get the fuck out of my face.
>>
>>115404
When you're rich and haven't told anyone in 10 minutes
>>
>>11540431
>>11540440
>>11540504
found the underage
>>
>>11540440

Lol as if you own that 5970, nice mid-range luxury F.P though kiddo
>>
File: Jh41Q.jpg (139KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Jh41Q.jpg
139KB, 1000x667px
>>11540412
>>11540431
>>11540440
>>11540504
cont.

I'm sick of seeing these people praise and recommend these GARBAGE watches.

You don't NEED to wear a watch. Why wear a cheap watch that you are specifically wearing for fashion? Buying a cheap watch for utilitarian purposes, there is no problem, but buying a cheap watch to be some fake, wannabe, you deserve all of the scrutiny I am throwing.

You wear cheap trash and criticize me, you have your head up your ass and throw your money away with a smile on your face like a fool. Keep buying $600 shoes and then a $100 watch made in china you fucking backwards retards.

This is such simple shit in life. Quality over quantity. Delayed rewards by saving are more satisfying than taking the quick, cheap reward, you slow fucks.

>>11540570
I'm not saying I own anything. I'm explaining why stupid shit like >>11540402 is so stupid.

To disagree with me would be nonsensical. Twats like >>11540547 >>11540555 couldn't help themselves revealing their stupidity ASAP.
>>
>>11540582

You must be going through some shit in your life, this is not a normal reaction
>>
File: ParnisGMT.jpg (151KB, 1000x1000px)
ParnisGMT.jpg
151KB, 1000x1000px
>>11540504
Yeah dude, you really need to tone it down, you are sounding kind of desperate, I don't think anyone is disputing the fact those watches are beautiful, it is just a shame people like you are representing them.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with the Eco-Drive. It has a great movement, energy stored for around 5-6 months in the capacitor on a full charge, no need for a battery. Not to mention the longevity of the Eco-Drives, fantastic. The dial is a standard military style dial, again nothing is wrong with that, looks aesthetically pleasing, similar to certain Timex's and Seiko 5's, works well, keeps time accurately, no need to get your panties in a bunch, starting to think you have an inferiority complex. Many watch collectors can appreciate these watches for exactly what they are, a good watch that does its job for a good price. Jesus, whats with people today.

Pic related, bought last week on eBay for $40usd, great price for a decent Chinese watch. Show me some hate.
>>
>>11540605
I am a different anon
I do not recommend Parnis. I hope yours lasts longer than mine did (8 months). not even worth repairing. Wasted 92usd imo

I don't get how you speak like you know what you're doing then buy chinese crap
>>
>>11540609
I never said that this was a fantastic watch, but actually, yeah it is, for $40 from the seller I bought from, its amazing.

Here is the thing, and you'll soon see the irony in your post. Parnis is NOT a watch brand. They are Chinese watches that just use the 'Parnis' label to recognize it as a Chinese made homage. There are plenty of different Chinese companies that create 'Parnis'', and some of them use cheaper movements and materials, others use better materials and higher end movements. Now, the funny thing, as with most Chinese watches, if you do your research and find a reputable seller that has sold Parnis' to other watch enthusiasts and collectors, and you listen to their advice, you can find yourself a great Chinese watch, or a great 'Parnis'.

I hope you understand that I did not arbitrarily post a picture of a watch I ordered thinking it was fucking gold, and surprisingly I do my own research. Now, I suggest you research this too, and you can understand what Parnis watches really are. Looks like you got yourself a dud, with my research, I hope to avoid that.
>>
>>11540602
see
>>11539334
it's the same guy, kek
>>
File: IMG_5480.jpg (348KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5480.jpg
348KB, 1600x1200px
>>11540602
>>11540605
I'm just sperging out, truly. I hate cheap watches and the reddit-tier acceptance and praise of them. If I see one more faggot recommend an Orient Mako or a Timex Weekender I'm going to shit into their mouth.

That watch you posted is fucking garbage. A Parnis, some chinese frankenstein POS, come the fuck on. Am I supposed to be impressed?

I'm serious. What reaction do you expect?

If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who don't know about watches, they'll just go "it looks nice, yeah." or "it's cool" because that's the neutral, I-don't-know-anything-about-this-so-i'll-just-say-it's-nice, kind of response you'd expect.

If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who know about watches they're going to say it's a piece of junk, why are you wearing it, are you serious, etc etc.

Why bother? You're either getting something totally neutral and empty, or a big critical opinion of your watch by anyone you'd care to impress.

The logic is just absent. Anyone that gives a single fuck will just think you're a twat for wearing some trash on your wrist.

>A Parnis, are you fucking kidding me?
That's what I thought immediately seeing your picture at first glance. That's how it will be IRL with anyone that gives a fuck about what watch you're wearing. Do you want that? I'm seriously asking you.

If you don't want to save your money for something special, something that is truly great, just don't wear anything. You'll save your money and won't be automatically considered a twat by anyone that gives a shit.

>>11540649
tfw
>>
>>11540657
Bro, chill out, I never posted a $40 Parnis to impress you, holy shit, see my other post about how the quality of Parnis' differ.
>>11540642
There is a lot to respect in the ones that are made well.

But seriously dude, what do you have to gain from doing this? And why the fuck are you going back and forth between two watch threads, kek, and bashing reasonably priced, affordable, watches with great functions?

>If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who don't know about watches, they'll just go "it looks nice, yeah." or "it's cool" because that's the neutral, I-don't-know-anything-about-this-so-i'll-just-say-it's-nice, kind of response you'd expect.

Yeah, that's true.

.If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who know about watches they're going to say it's a piece of junk, why are you wearing it, are you serious, etc etc.

And no, not necessarily, again, many watch collectors own lower priced timepieces either for their functionality, sentimental value, or maybe it is just a good quality watch for the money? Fuck you are jaded,
still on with that inferiority complex, can't handle that people are appreciating the great watches they can afford at the price range they set.

Btw I wouldn't recommend a Timex, there are plenty of watches in that price range that offer more value for the money, like a Seiko 5 SNK809.

You are so goddam retarded, you know why people recommend these 'cheap' watches? Because they are the watches that people can afford, doesn't matter what point in life they are in. These are the watches people can afford that have a good build quality, good finishing, pleasing aesthetics, and best movements for the price. If you are still retarded enough to argue about buying higher end watches, then don't fucking post your autistic bullshit in a thread about buying affordable watches.
>>
File: zQ9gWze.jpg (724KB, 2320x2112px) Image search: [Google]
zQ9gWze.jpg
724KB, 2320x2112px
>>11540693
Calm down with your bro's and your chill outs dumb fuck. I don't care if it's what people can "afford". It's trash because you're too stupid to save your money. Wear trash like some wannabe shit and you'll be criticized. Deal with it. Your Parnis isn't getting any prizes, don't worry.

You don't buy cheap luxury items. You buy quality or shut the fuck up, because you clearly don't know shit.

I'll go on all day about this. Be my guest and keep replying with your bullshit if you want to turn this into some argument.
>>
>>11540657
>a Parnis, are you fucking kidding me?
You're too cucked too say out that irl
>>
>>11540726
I'm sorry that you are, but I'm not. Why would you be scared to say something like that? You think someone is going to attack you over saying their shitty watch is shitty? Fuck off, stop trying to project your pussy shit onto other people.
>>
>>11540720
You are probably the only one of these 'Watch Experts' that would criticize someone for wearing a quality Seiko or Orient lol. You should spew your bullshit somewhere online where the experts and knowledgeable enthusiasts are, y'know the ones that have plenty of 'better' watches than you, I'm sure any real watch expert would fucking despise you, bro.

Again, you fundementally misunderstand watches. You are the watch owner that every legitimate watch owner despises. You give a terrible name to so many watch enthusiasts, you are quite literally the scum of the watch world. Go to any other forum and you'll be put in your place.
>>
>>11540793
You buy $40 chinese watches. You don't know what quality is, you don't know any experts, and you don't own any watches significant enough to call you a "watch owner".
>>
>>11540720
Again, you are a grade A fucking moron. The owner of a Maserati or Rolls royce, can still appreciate the features and speciality of a Ford f150 or a chevy. How are you so stupid?

But then again, you either go for that Maserati or don't own a car at all
Kek, get a load of this faggot
>>
>>11540800
I own $40 watches because i can appreciate finer luxury watches and cheaper watches... I don't get your point?
>>
>>11540286
>Likes fake Rolex shit like invicta 8926 and chinese garbage that is Seagull and Sthuhurling
>Bashes perfect combinations of price/quality/resale value that are Tudor and Breitling.

I hope you don't listen to this degenerate. Pathetic attempt at justifying being a poor and unmotivated little shitkicker. If you buy any of that cheap bullshit you'll lose money and look like a fucking loser to anyone you're attempting to impress.
>>
>>11540813
Do you have any substance to your arguments about watches? Can you try and dispute my points instead of being like
"Hurrdurr my dad owns a Rolex, expensive watches are better cause they are expensive!"
Or
"someone told me that invictas are crap, so it must be true!!"
People can make up their own mind, come back when you have a basic understanding of watches or movements.
>>
>>11539491
>rolex in tier 1
>seagull not in tier 3
>>
File: 45764576.jpg (178KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
45764576.jpg
178KB, 1280x847px
>>11540801
Cars are not watches. You can admire the engineering of any vehicle as they are marvels of engineering ingenuity, to make something so complicated affordable and mass-produced. Watches are not admired in the way vehicles are. Cheap watches are not admirable. Quality watches are a marvel through their amount of detail, design, and craftsmanship; you see more the deeper you look. You appreciate how purposeful everything is. It's a pleasure to stare at this beautifully crafted timepiece that is with you at all times, possibly for the rest of your life. Vehicles are such complicated machines that they naturally convey a deepness and complexity to their creation that is marveling to delve into.

Comparing a vehicle to a watch, you're an idiot. The constituents of an inexpensive vehicle far outweigh them of an inexpensive watch. Get the fuck out.

>>11540813
Holy shit, someone else other than me that isn't a retarded, excuse making loser ITT? I was losing hope for a second. Thank you anon. I appreciate the fact that you exist.
>>
>>11540813
Again, you do know that people collect watches of every price range? From Seagulls to JLC and PP.

You are quite literally the biggest idiot I have ever seen commenting on watches that you will never be able to afford. Good luck with your literal mentally impaired comments about high end watches in a budget watch thread. Wrong place dude.
>>
>>11540868
It's not that far off, I think you're too stupid to see the principle. Nice fluff to make you try and look smart though
>>
>>11540657
May I ask you what watch you wear?
>>
>>11540813
>>11540868
Kek same insecure poster
>>
>>11540839
You don't really have any points there though, just desperate and insecure attempts to justify being unemployed/working at Walmart. A modern wristwatch is a status symbol, it's completely unnecessary given the fact every fucker out there has got an IPhone.

>Hublot and Longines are questionable at that price.
Yes they are hence them not being in group 1.

>How the fuck is Mido so low?
Mido is so low because it's extremely generic partially chinese bullshit. You lose at least 50% of the money the moment you walk out of the store with them because no one wants that garbage.

>Stowa & Constant
Same reasons as MIDO + with constant you also get pathetic attempts to rip off the JLC, Cartier, Patek designs. Pure shit.

>Invicta8926 diver so great durrr
Yeah m8, a Rolex Submariner copy with a cheap shit Seiko movement inside is a definition of greatness.

>Seagull
"CHINA MADE" at 6 o'clock position. Great if you're applying for a role of a circus clown I suppose.

>Tudor and Breitling are shit durr
...Really just shut the fuck up.
>>
File: sorry cuck.png (37KB, 508x753px) Image search: [Google]
sorry cuck.png
37KB, 508x753px
>>11540874
Nice fluff to make me look smart? Who says shit like this? It's not that far off? Wow, thanks Einstein. You didn't think so a second ago because you were the one to bring it up. Are you implying that you don't mean what you say or are you admitting to me that you're wrong?

What's it going to be? What game do you want to play now?

>>11540890
no
>>
>>11540868
Gotta educate the plebs anon, can't let people who buy shit because they can't afford good stuff convince others to buy shit as well in order to make themselves feel adequate
>>
File: 3465346.png (2MB, 1075x821px) Image search: [Google]
3465346.png
2MB, 1075x821px
>>11540895
>Yeah m8, a Rolex Submariner copy with a cheap shit Seiko movement inside is a definition of greatness.
I love this guy.
>>11540927
I agree with you, 100%.
>>
File: Milgauss_6541_smalllogo.jpg (315KB, 1500x1780px) Image search: [Google]
Milgauss_6541_smalllogo.jpg
315KB, 1500x1780px
>>11540936
>>11540936
Horology feels intensify
>>
>>11540868
Oh wow.
I'm sorry I must have tripped you here. >>11540402
Why, each one of us has a pet peeve, cheap watches may be yours for all it's worth.

Only I think you've misinterpreted my initial message a little. You see, you seem to be making a point of cheap watches being despicable to people who know about watches, and neutral to those who don't. And that may as well be true in the social surrounding you're in.

Well, I can only be sorry for not being there, You see, I am a college student from a not-so-well-off Eastern European country. One's average salary is somewhere around 550 euros/month. That, and the fact that I am a college student gives you the surrounding where most of the watches people I socialize with wear are Skagens/Seikos/Lorus/Fossil/G-Shocks, and also Guess/Emporio Armani/Michael Kors if we take females into account.

You will find little watch aficionados around there do despise me for this hypothetical Eco-Drive I don't even have, so the only points I think are right to consider are style (and I like that watch in how understated and no-frills it is, which would make it easier for me to incorporate into most of my outfits), reliability and price. Which is pretty much the reason I like that Eco-Drive watch.

So yeah. Not to say your metrics are wrong, they're just not very applicable to the situation I'm in.
>>
>>11540895
I'm starting to really believe that you have issues. They're in different classes of watches, generally you don't compare Mido to Pateks... Again, you going on about God knows what, fundementally misunderstanding watches. You might as well write off Rolex for their despicable copying of Blancpains original diver watch. Good logic. And nobody is arguing about the resale value of cheaper watches.... Holy fuck, cheap Japanese watches SHOULDN'T BE compared to high end Swiss watches. What don't you fucking get?

And you're going to defend Tudor and Breitling as the cream of the crop lol whatta idiot
>>
>>11540960
You're talking to two different people. You also don't seem to read what you reply to. You should start doing that. It's called "listening" IRL.
>>
>>11540905
>>11540927
>>11540936
>>11540948
Same poster, nice! Don't suggest high end watches in a low end watch thread, what's so hard, spread this shit in your own thread somewhere else. Let people discuss cheaper watches if they like.
>>
File: no it's not.png (7KB, 878x113px) Image search: [Google]
no it's not.png
7KB, 878x113px
>>11540970
Here you are. Deal with the fact that you are wrong.
>>
>>11540974
Wrong about being able to appreciate both higher and lower end watches?
>>
>>11540960
>Rolex and Blancpain
Both came out in 1953 and the only similar parts they share are rotating bezels. Nice attempt though, not desperate at all.

>Comparing Midos to Pateks

No one compares Mido to a Patek you fucking moron. Spending money on a Mido is a fucking waste because for twice the budget you can get a pre-owned Tudor.

>Cheap jap watches
I wasn't even saying anything about those however wearing a $200 Orient and sitting next to a bum who reeks of his own piss on public transport go hand in hand. Work harder fucker.

>Breitling and Tudor cream of the crop

No one said that moron. Breitling and Tudor (maybe Oris as well) are the least expensive options a man can strap to his wrist without losing dignity.
>>
>>11540974
And to put this all into perspective for you, every post about a certain grade of watch should be based on their value for the money. Not their value compared to one of a higher value. This isn't a criticism about any watches or an appraisal of any right now, it's just relativity, a simple concept for most to grasp.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.png (162KB, 510x492px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.png
162KB, 510x492px
>>11540936
>REEEEEEE POORFAGS GET OUT OF MY THRE...YOUR THREAD!!!11
>>
>>11540990
I love that you're quick to Google, clicking on the first link that came up when you type 'Rolex Blancpain'
Again, nice attempt to make it seem like you know about watches. You almost quote word for word one of the comments on the first Google result lol
It is alright to be called out once in a while
>>
>>11541010
>I love that you're quick to Google, clicking on the first link that came up when you type 'Rolex Blancpain'

That's pretty specific of you. It's almost as if you didn't know and googled it yourself.
>>
>>11541015
Of course, how the fuck would i have known it was the first Google result if i didn't check lol
It doesn't take much to fool people, i know you can use Google anytime to make people think you know stuff kek
>>
>>11541015
Jeez dude your posts are worse than melania trumps speech
>>
>>11541010
>what is the capital of france?
Paris
>hurrrr durrr you're 2 quick 2 google

you're so desperate to keep credibility lol it's not working though
>>
>>11541019
>>11541028
hi
>>
>>11540882
>no answer
really makes you think
>>
>>11540657
>>11540657
>>11540657
>>11540657
>>11540657

Truth.

>All bodies are beautiful
No
>Everybody deserves happines
No
>All watches are great :)
No

Fucking leftist scum
>>
File: image.jpg (719KB, 1957x2342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
719KB, 1957x2342px
Snagged this vintage piece of Ebay for $230. Is it effay?
>>
>>11541211
>>11541211
Yes If it keeps good time (+- 20sec/day)

Note to others: If you dont want have much money but still want to wear a big boy watch get a cool vintage
>>
>>11539537

Really beautiful

Max Bill is a truly gifted designer
>>
>>11541221
don't have*
>>
>>11540431
>>11540440
>>11540504

WIS detected

You'd know that these kind of watches are pricey and revered because of their movement, not their design. Aesthetically in terms of design and pure design they aren't especially stand out, because they are designed by watchmakers and not designers. They are pretty, but if any of those had a quartz movement and said 'Tissot' on them then you'd be trashing them.

While the guy that commented on that ugly Citizen has no taste, you are still presenting expensive watches in the wrong light, look at a Braun Aw10 or Nomos Metro for an idea on how aestheticism can rule over watchmaking tradition and heritage in watch design.
>>
>>11541042
I've already slipped in what I'm wearing in a very nice picture of it >>11540582. I wear this on a daily basis because it is durable, beautiful, but inexpensive enough to where if it was stolen and I couldn't retrieve it, I wouldn't be as sad as my following piece. I've owned several Stowa watches, an Omega Seamaster, Nomos Orion, a couple of JLC's that I quickly sold soon after realizing I only bought them for the wow factor of JLC and didn't truly love them. I still own my Speedmaster Pro, but only because it was a special gift from my grandfather and I don't wear it, ever. It has taken testing the waters, but I've come to only keep the really special watches.

My most favorite watch by far is my F.P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu that I bought in Manhatten several months ago . I took me one year to buy it and I will never part with it. I love it. >>11540431 pic related is not mine, though. I almost never wear it. I've worn it on a date one single time and I wish I didn't. I'll keep it until I die. I fucking love F. P. Journe.

I'm not a snob inside practicality. I don't wear fancy watches that cost in the four digits when I'm going to the grocery store. I have the money to wear my Flieger or my white face Marine for anything, though. Anyone that gives a shit, does. You can admire a Stowa, IMO, to an extent. I have a soft spot for German watches.

>>11541211
It's fine if it works, but I don't like Bumpers at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 480x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 480x367px
>>11541221
Just got it today so I haven't had a chance to check its accuracy. Seller had it serviced and everything appears to be original except for the crystal.

>>11541265
Bumpers definitely have a different feel. I was surprised I got it for what I paid. I think it slipped under most people's noses because it is an "unmarked" Seamaster.
>>
>>11541289
Hope it's not a lemon anon, wear it in good health
>>
>>11541221
>>11541265
how long will a vintage mint condition watch hold that goes for ~$500
>>
>>11541289
For what you paid, it's great if it's all there. The cost doesn't matter if it's a good watch and that is a good watch. $230 gets you garbage in unused prices.
>>11541221
this 100%. I've messed with some vintage watches that I was surprised to get for what I paid and subsequently sold.
>>
>>11541310
If you don't treat it like shit and service it once every two years it'll last a while
>>
>>11541310
Depends on the brand. Omega is probably your best bet because of their vintage database and the fact that any competent watchmaker can service them.
>>
File: 464654.jpg (97KB, 580x756px) Image search: [Google]
464654.jpg
97KB, 580x756px
>tfw we've liberated this thread of shitty ass watches

It feels good to conquer and destroy degeneracy.
>>
File: 20160721_073306.jpg (3MB, 2120x2991px)
20160721_073306.jpg
3MB, 2120x2991px
>>11541356
Hellyeah anon
>>
File: 1458812639177.jpg (104KB, 1065x800px)
1458812639177.jpg
104KB, 1065x800px
>>11541364
I dislike explorer 2s, look like something Fossil would make.
>>
File: 20140222_170923_zpsef3bongv.jpg (75KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20140222_170923_zpsef3bongv.jpg
75KB, 1024x576px
>>11541373
Have you ever seen it in real lfie? It wasn't my first choice, it looked extremely bland on the pictures. The plan was to buy pic related at first, however upon seeing e2 for the first time in real life and trying it on the wrist I was sold. It's much better looking in person and everything about it makes sense once it's on the wrist. It's perfectly in balance. Newest gen is a nono though
>>
>>11541373
They look much better IRL, especially that one.

pic related is what I consider to be the ugly one.
>>
>>11541405
>>11541405
>>11541405

They fucked up the proportions on 216. A 42mm that wears like a 45mm with fat woman fingers for hands. Nicer bracelet though
>>
ITT: /g/ crossposters that need to fuck back off to their own board. Also, let this post serve as your daily reminder that quartz watches are categorically superior to mechanical wrist fedoras, especially ones made by nips and commies.

Regards,

G-shock wearer
>>
>>11541415
Fuck off retard with your ugly ass toy watch.
>>
>>11541415
>g-shock
well done youve invalidated everything you just said
>>
>wearing a gshock
>ever
>>
File: they're_laughing_at_you.jpg (722KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
they're_laughing_at_you.jpg
722KB, 1200x902px
>>11541415
>G-shock wearer
>>
File: 557456756.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
557456756.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>11541415
>G-shock
>>
>>11541415
>>11541415
>>11541415

>owning a gshock
>being autistic

pick both
>>
I am high functioning autistic and there are people in this thread who make me look normal.
>>
File: download.png (11KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11KB, 240x200px
>>11541418
Oh how wrong you are my friend. You see, form follows function, and not only does my watch have the accuracy that only quartz can provide, it also can withstand being submerged in water and shit. Furthermore, it's shock resistant, so I can whang it off shit with impunity and it won't crack or stop working. Kind of a useful feature should you ever find yourself outside. It has a timer, stopwatch, and alarm built in. The fucking thing even lights up! how fuckin' crazy is that? Lume is for luddites stuck in the dark ages. Just accept if /fa/ and /g/ (see what I did there?) The Casio brand g shock is the absolute pinnacle of horology.
>>
File: image.jpg (900KB, 2712x1946px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
900KB, 2712x1946px
I own a DW-6900 though I don't usually wear it. A 16710 GMT with a Tritium dial is on my list.
>>
>>11541444
nice trips dude
>>
Lmfao fucking spergs.
So what you'd want college students to not any watches at all?
Fucking fags lmao.
>>
File: rolex-milgauss-116400-12.jpg (262KB, 1023x677px) Image search: [Google]
rolex-milgauss-116400-12.jpg
262KB, 1023x677px
>tfw you don't yet own perfection that is a non-green sapphire milgauss
>>
>>11537089
>>11538153
>>11539139
>>11539557
>>11541418

Friendly reminder that if you've let yourself get trolled into thinking that these are acceptable purchases (unless you're younger than 14 or live in downtown vietnam) an hero is the only way
>>
>>11541557
lol the last one was making fun of the g-shocks
>>
File: 1388016020203.jpg (20KB, 403x395px) Image search: [Google]
1388016020203.jpg
20KB, 403x395px
>>11541446
>mfw what you said was so gay that nobody bothered to reply
>>
>>11541570

The reminder referred to pics only!
>>
>>11541557
>downtown vietnam
>downtown
>vietnam
>>
>>11540286
>>11540286

>im poor so none of the shitty watches i own are in group one so that pyramid is absolutely the biggest pile of shit i have ever seen

Any reasons other than you not being able to afford the top tier?
>>
>>11541574
KEKEKEKE
>>
>>11537089
Put a black leather strap on it and most people will think it looks nice, at least from the distance.

Do it until you want to splurge on something better and your grandpa didn't hand you down any old watches.
>>
Can't decide if I should get this watch (maybe in some other color) or...
>>
File: orientceu07005wx_s.jpg (119KB, 460x577px) Image search: [Google]
orientceu07005wx_s.jpg
119KB, 460x577px
>>11542519
Forgot the pic, what a blunder
>>
File: orient_et0t001w_9.jpg (121KB, 750x682px) Image search: [Google]
orient_et0t001w_9.jpg
121KB, 750x682px
>>11542519
>>11542521
Or this one.

I also have a smaller wrist and usually wear earth tones, if that helps
>>
>>11542523
This one. The other is just too busy cluttered.
>>
>>11542534
See, thanks
>>
>>11542521
Is a far superior option than
>>11542523
The first one is unique and original. The second one is trying hard to look like a swiss haute big boy which it will never be. Pretentious shit isn't cool.
>>
>>11540286
Poorfag redditor pls go
>>11540394
Also what this guy said
>>
File: IMG_20160722_124815.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160722_124815.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
How /fa/ am I?
>>
>>11542855
not at all sorry m8
>>
>>11542855
Highschool nerd trying to look like the popular pothead core
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I think Sieko makes some nice entry level watches.

Wearing an Anonimo today.
>>
>>11542932
I'm 25 and don't smoke, and pothead core?, What makes me look like I'm being 'Pothead core', the watch?, Bracelet?
>>
>>11542910
Not even semi /fa/?, Girls seem to like it
>>
>>11542952
I like the simplicity and the big face, but gold generally looks cheap unless it is on a very specific watch.

Just because they are girls, doesn't mean that have taste.
>>
File: $_27 (7).jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_27 (7).jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>11542952
Not at all. It looks extremely cheap. Walmart $3.99 sale mode. Spend $330 on a sarb035 and up your game by light years
>>
>>11539537
This is my grail. Saw it in Paris and couldn't forget.
>>
>>11542960
Ah I see, not really gold, guess its lighting, but its rose gold.

You're right, that's true
>>
>>11542973

It was £40 so around $60 dollars, so cheap compared to other watches in thread but it also looks better than the one you posted, $350 for that, haha no thanks, it doesn't even look good.
>>
>wearing anything that has Casio, Timex or Seiko in giant bold letters

It's like you want everyone to think you are a poor 12 year old math nerd
>>
>>11537089
I love mine but god it's a loud fucker. I wear it when I'm just out and about normally. I don't wear it to class or anything because it's loud.
>>
>>11542521
This one loses a good deal of ita appeal when you realize the calendar is not automatic, just a glorified version of those multi-year calendars bundled in with kids magazines, and one button just cycles through the years
>>
>>11543349
lol wat? those are all good inexpensive brands
>>
>>11543516
They are well known for being inexpensive brands. Quality doesnt matter in this case
>>
File: 1345951648067.jpg (33KB, 400x675px) Image search: [Google]
1345951648067.jpg
33KB, 400x675px
>>11543516
>inexpensive
>something to represent yourself with as a grown man
>>
File: 1346133658672.jpg (5KB, 252x158px)
1346133658672.jpg
5KB, 252x158px
>>11537089
>>11538153
>>11539139
>>11539557
>>11540605
>>11542523
>>11542855

Honestly, what are your excuses for wearing these? I want to know
>>
>>11539537
If I ever get to own the white faced one, I'll fucking frame it.
>>
>>11539139
The straight squared-off hands don't seem to go well with the serif font of the numbers.
>>
File: IMG20160723220520.jpg (2MB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20160723220520.jpg
2MB, 2400x3200px
Since a watch thread was up
I'm clueless about watches and I want to start wearing one for fashion and work convenience.
I wanna keep it affordable since I think buying something expensive right off the bat is bad.
So what's a good watch that's functional and effay?
(Pic related is my skinny ass wrist)
>>
>>11546571
I would not exceed 38mm diameter. 40mm max.
>>
File: _img.jpg (181KB, 1160x945px) Image search: [Google]
_img.jpg
181KB, 1160x945px
>>11546571
Pre owned omega Seamaster but if you really want to go full pleb Orient Mako Usa 2
>>
>>11546580
Thanks for the tip
>>11546647
Does this kind of watch look good with my wrist? Or does wrist size not matter in picking a watch?
>>
>>11546664
Keep it 40mm and below it'll be fine. The lugs should never go beyond your wrist.
>>
>>11544201

I wear Daniel Wellington because it looks good, sure it's poor mans watch, but /fa/ isn't about expensive brands, it's about what looks good, whether it's $1 or $1000, if it looks good then it's /fal

All the negative comments I've gotten are because it's not a $1000 Seiko, Orient or whatever else, as if because its $1000+ it automatically makes it good and look effay.

/Fa/ has lost its way, someone could go to a thrift shop spend $50 on a new outfit and look better than you guys in your $1000 dollar outfits.

All you guys care about now is the brand, if its rick Owens, then it's /fa/ no matter what, if Kanye is wearing it then its /fa/

Stop making up for being beta tier by spending thousand of dollars on expensive brands to make you feel better about yourself and start actually looking better no matter what price or brand.
>>
>>11546664
Yes. I myself was worried but 41 is a perfect size. Curved lugs are the key
>>
File: ayylienwrist.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
ayylienwrist.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>11546571
your wrist isn't that skinny
>>
>>11546681
Desperate excuse for not being able to afford things that aren't shit
>>
>>11546681
>>I wear Daniel Wellington because it looks good, sure it's poor mans watch, but /fa/ isn't about expensive brands, it's about what looks good, whether it's $1 or $1000, if it looks good then it's /fal
it's ok everyone laughs behind your back
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 194x259px)
images (2).jpg
8KB, 194x259px
>>11546681
>>
>>11546717

>Everyone laughs behind your back

You mean on /fa/? Cause I got a secret for you, there's a world outside of /fa/ where people really don't give a shit

Nor do I wear anything to impress others as you obviously do with that silly reply, if I think something looks good I will buy it, simple as.

Feel sorry for you really

>>11546714

Not an excuse, can I afford a $1000+ watch? not really, unless I starve for 1 month to save up for it. But all the watches above look shit except 2, only reason they are posted because of the price tag/brand, not because they are effay
>>
File: 1351588246281.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1351588246281.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
Friendly reminder that if you work a little harder and quit making excuses for yourself you won't have to be stuck with garbage like this on your wrists:

>>11537089 (OP)
>>11538153
>>11539139
>>11539557
>>11540605
>>11542523
>>11542855

Nor be as insecure and butthurt as dis boy

>>11546681
>>11546756

Work harder fucker.
>>
>>11546812

>Insecure

I don't think you understand what that word means.

I don't care what people think, yet I'm insecure?

>Work harder fucker

Umm nah its okay, life is pretty easy and chill for me right now, I'd prefer not to work harder to afford a $1000 watch just so I can be assured 'no one is laughing at me behind my back' lol
>>
>>11539491
>tier 1 credor, grand seiko, breitling
>tier 2 hamilton, rado, richard mille
>tier 3 JDM seikos, seiko divers, citizen, casio

would you like fedora with that?
>>
>>11546668
>>11546704
>>11546711
Thanks, guys I will be looking into watches with your tipa in mind.
Last thing should I avoid leather straps? Someone in the thread mentioned that leather isn't great for an everyday effay watch
>>
>>11540431
>>11540440
>>11540504
>>11540582
man this would be funny if it were real
>>
>>11547108
Bracelet is more practical but you can purchase a leather strap and put in on occasionally
>>
>>11546838
>doesn't care what peoplethink
>so defensive and butthurt

Would you like a top kek with that
>>
>>11540657
>I hate cheap watches
>anyone you'd care to impress.

You're not going to impress anyone if you wear an expensive watch and drive a car that costs less than $80,000. They'll just see you as a poser. What cars do you own?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Thoughts?
>>
>>11547603
To give a clearer image since my camera is pretty bad

>Left
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/121638646799-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

>Middle
http://www.mcbroom.biz/PMWF/BFTP/Marina-Militare-KJ-HW-01L.jpg

>Right
http://www.timestore24.org/media/image/thumbnail/dbsea2blbla_720x600.jpg
>>
>>11547603
Panerai is cool dump the other two in favour of a pre owned omega
>>
>>11546917
>not even understanding the tiers
>>
>>11546664
There are midsize Omega Seamaster 300s. I think they're 38mm. You can get them for a good price second hand because most people want the 42mm ones.
>>
I'm not from a monied family, so it would be pretentious to wear anything other than wearing something ironically
>>
>>11540793
>legitimate watch owner
>bragging about orient and seagull
lol

why do people bother with cheap mech watches anyway? before I got my milgauss I had a timex and it did the job just fine

spending $400 on a piece of shit is kind of just sad. like putting expensive rims on your dodge neon because you think it's "better" than just the dodge neon
>>
anyone have any recommendations for a watch under $300?
>>
File: HIRSCHforest.jpg-original.jpg (251KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HIRSCHforest.jpg-original.jpg
251KB, 800x600px
>>11550065
No. add 30 and get this
>>
>>11550092
>>11550092
Seiko sarb033. The white version is sarb035
>>
File: citizenchonograph.jpg (145KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
citizenchonograph.jpg
145KB, 800x514px
>>11539557
I got this one with the chronograph, daily beater. Really love it.
>>
File: watch.jpg (32KB, 374x469px) Image search: [Google]
watch.jpg
32KB, 374x469px
any good?
>>
>>11537089
it ticks so fucking goddamn loud i have to throw it in the hall every night just so i can sleep
>>
What's your dream watch, /fa/? Tag Monaco for me
>>
>>11551702
calatrava. beautiful, simple, functional, not too expensive (as patek goes)
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.