[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I order a pair of non counterfeit black Mali's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Where can I order a pair of non counterfeit black Mali's? Are they an okay fall/winter boot?
>>
>>11501225
the sole is shit
>>
>>11501225
bought mine on amazon for cheap, they are cool, the sole is ok, leather is very thin.
But size down, they run big.
>>
They're more of a spring/summer boot, as they're unlined and not water resistant at all.
>>
>>11504450
I'm trying to make a monochrome black/white fit, what would you recommend as a good black winter boot?
>>
>>11504741
The first thing that comes to mind is black Timberlands, since they're in the same price range, monochromatic, and are (I believe) waterproof.
What's your budget?
>>
>>11504450
More importantly, they have a crepe sole, which translates to you going ice skating if it rains, snows, or you step in a loose patch of dirt.

>>11504741
Chelsea boots look nice, but really just get something with any sort of traction on the sole. You can proof most leather boots to make them somewhat weather resistant, and unless you live in the arctic, your feet won't freeze if you wear warm socks.
>>
>>11504769
sub 300, ive been looking at black timberlands, i really like them.

>>11504770
ive also been looking at chelsea, ill start considering these two over the clarks, thanks guys.
>>
>>11504770
I don't understand this meme about crepe soles; my experience with them has been good to decent traction in most conditions, a major exception being grease and oil. Ice is a bit slippery in them (it's fucking ice), but in my experience they do fine in dirt, rain, and snow. Maybe just don't drag your feet so much?
>>
Nothing fucks up leather quite like ice, snow, and salt. If you get a lot if snow in your area, you might want to shy away from black and go for brown unless you're good about wiping them down so you don't get salt stains.

That being said, I wear a leather boot in the winter. You just gotta get a good waterproofing oil, wipe em down with a water and vinegar mix every so often, and condition afterwards. I wipe mine down once or twice a month or so and I walk through heavy snow and slush.

As for tthe Mali, I'll repeat what others have said, it's not a good winter boot. It's designed around hot and dry climates, water will leak in through the sole and stitching, and the leather is rather thin. The crepe soul isn't terrible in winter, but it's also not great.

Depending on what you're going for, you'd do better getting Doc Marten's, Solovairs, a combat, jump, or service boot, Redwings, Timberlands, or heavier duty riding boot (like a chelsea).
>>
>>11504947
I live in vancouver so not much snow, but a lot of rain. I was actually leaning towards the chelsea boots prior to the malis so i think i'll just grab a pair this spring.
>>
>>11504741
>monochrome
>2016
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.