[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to /fa/ here. So I'm looking for a nice pair of shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
New to /fa/ here. So I'm looking for a nice pair of shoes that can be worn with khakis, maybe some suits, as well as dark jeans occasionally.

What would be the best all purpose shoe for these configurations. I was thinking some kind of darkish brown leather, not shiny. Maybe wingtip? And up to about $250 or so
>>
>wingtip
probably not a great idea, if you don't want to look like you're wearing the same pair of shoes every day, which you will be

I would honestly just get a couple of slightly different pairs of $100 florsheims, $250 is kind of in a no mans land, too expensive for cheap, too cheap for actual nice shoes. and any leather shoes worn every day are going to get ruined in less than a year

get a dark brown pair of cap toe oxfords, which are going to be better with the suit, and a pair of bluchers in whatever color you want, maybe black

the reason I say to get the captoe in brown is that those shoes in black will only really look ok with a suit, whereas brown will go with most of the rest. and black bluchers will look alright with anything other than the suit.
>>
>>11393145
oh and as for those oxfords, plain cap toe please. don't get perfs, too conspicuous. you don't want to draw attention to cheap shoes.
>>
>>11393145
btw just to clarify this:
>$250 is kind of in a no mans land, too expensive for cheap, too cheap for actual nice shoes
There are actually some alright shoes in that price range if you really know what you're doing, specifically some of the european microbrands (Meermin, Carlos Santos, Bow Tie, Loding, and so on). But those invariably mean mail order if you're American, and that's a recipe for problems for someone who doesn't know what he's doing.

And I definitely wouldn't get one pair of one of those brands, and just wear the shit out of it every day, they're going to rot and crumble if you abuse them like that
>>
>>11393145
Thanks bro. If it's not asking too much, would you mind showing me a picture of the tone of brown your talking about? Would you say dark brown goes well with most suits, except blackish ones?
>>
>>11393210
That's yet another thing. Brown is very difficult to correctly portray in pictures, partly because all colors have that issue, and partly because leather is a natural material and comes off different in various lighting, not to mention the dyes and treatment and how those behave after wear. I can't tell you how many times I've ordered brown leather shoes and it wasn't quite what I thought I saw in the pictures. But I'm a male version of imelda Marcos so it's ok

You want a brown that is just light enough not to be confused with black under artificial light. But pictures on a website can't show you that reliably

Just go to a store to see the shoes and ask the staff if you're unsure
>>
Spend a little more money and get a pair of Common Projects archiles low in black/grey or Raf Simons Stan Smith, quality is much better. Or just two pairs of the normal Stans.

Otherwise, get a pair of Dr. Martens.
>>
>>11393252
hilarious
this is a joke right?
>>
>>11393210

Medium brown is actually a little more versatile than dark brown. Same goes for burgundy brown.

Dark brown also doesn't really work with charcoal, while medium brown tends to give enough contrast.
>>
>>11393126
nice brown loafers, ideally tasseled, is a solid and well slept on move
>>
clark's meme boots are cheap and versatile, and they can look cool when they're beat up
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.