[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting a job tomorrow that requires me to wear a suit..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1463828072505.jpg (77KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1463828072505.jpg
77KB, 600x798px
I'm starting a job tomorrow that requires me to wear a suit.. but its retail and the work is selling suits and tuxes. I feel like getting too dressy for it would be lame, given how comfortable my regular style is.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for acceptable styles, but ones look more relaxed with stuff like cotton and linen in them.

I can go with or without a jacket and friday/saturday are casual days.
>>
On your first day go in with a jacket. See other employees and take note how they dress.
>>
>>11389314
Ah i dont have a suit right now. Im waiting to be on the payroll so i can get discounts. So the dresscode til then is a dress shirt and pants.

I see how they dress, I dislike it. Vests and wide ties. When i get the suit I was thinking black or charcoal in linen with white shirt and 2 inch tie.
>>
>>11389330
If you see them dressing as you described, it's best to just follow. They're more experienced then you and it's best to follow. Maybe just having a tucked-in button down will do in some occasions
>>
>>11389475

I'm not him but I can't see why him wearing his own personal tastes that are well within the dress code specifications is at all a bad thing. The "it's best to follow" attitude is why we have fucking /cpg/ and terrible tier discussion nowadays.

>>11389305
I'd prolly wear prep on casual days and a relatively casual suit other days, maybe navy?
>>
>>11389706
It's a job that requires you to wear a suit. Why would you wear anything entirely different?
>>
>>11389806
>It's a job that requires you to wear a suit. Why would you wear anything entirely different?
This. What kind of a faggot takes a job that requires him to wear a suit and then whines about having to wear a suit and tries to weasel out of it?

Bait tier t b h
>>
>>11389806
Its a bit lower end, the highest priced suits are just calvin klein at $700ish. Some of the suits do look quite casual and they sell rough linen shirts themselves.

But the employees tend to go for the highest end there which i find unappealing. Obviously i can simply dress myself in what i like there but all I know of for style is a slim tailored black with the thin tie.

Without a jacket i'd like to wear something comfortable with chinos but it may be going to far from dressy.
>>
>>11389806
What's wrong with wearing a linen suit which is what he was saying if all the requirements are "wear a suit"
>>
>>11390315
Why'd you come here for advice if you were gonna just do whatever you wanted anyway
>>
>>11389305
>selling suits
>don't even own a suit
Uhh, I mean I guess you don't HAVE to, but isn't this a little like working at a bar but not drinking?
>>
>>11389867
Like it was said before, you should just walk in with a suit, which is something you should own and should feel ashamed that you don't. Find one that's comfortable, no one is telling you to dress in a monkey suit.
>>11390315
You don't want to play ring around the rosy with your employer on the first day. When someone asks for a suit, you expect a suit. Not saying he can't wear one that's composed of linen, just not when you start this job.
>>
Why don't you ask your boss?
>>
Get a cheapo suit from combatant gent or whatever the fuck it is. They're decent for everyday wear. Be sure to get a breathable suit, preferably cotton. Linen will wrinkle too easily.
>>
>>11389305

You'll have to get a real suit.

Maybe get a black one with a black shirt and wear it without a tie if you really refuse to go for a "corporate look".

I feel like black suits are acceptable if you're in retail type jobs.

As a plus you'll have something to wear on a funeral.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.