[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My normie friends always complain that I spend too much money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1375642381295.jpg (148KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1375642381295.jpg
148KB, 500x738px
My normie friends always complain that I spend too much money on things.

Every time I buy somehting new they without fail ask how much it costs, when I bought some CPs I told them the price when asked and they acted like I was being ridiculous.

Help me out here, I can't tell if I'm the dumb one or not
>>
they're the dumb ones for not paying €80 for a t-shirt with a logo on it
>>
>>11331645
Explain to them why fashion is worth spending momey on. In my experience, one explanation that normies get is showing them that items' worth are proportional to how much you use them. Like, you wear clothes everyday. Additionally, it isn't a superflous purchase, clothing is a necessity. It's not like you're splurging on video games, collectibles, or drugs. Clothing is something that you need.

One other thing, in the case of CPs specifically, you can point out how durable they are. One pair of CPs can last for the time of several cheap pairs, at the end of the day, it's roughly the same amount of money spent.
>>
Dude, its totally fine if you buy ridicoulus expensive clothes if you have the money, everybody here does it, but don't act like the price is justified
>>
>>11331663
so you wear your clothes 4 times everyday while normies only wear them 1 time each day?
>>
>>11331666
>everybody here does it
no
>don't act like it's justified
this
>>
>>11331675
I'd argue that a lot of people here spend more money on clothes than regular people. maybe not 400€ shoes, but more than normal for sure
>>
when I started to get into fashion my old friends did the same thing:

"so how much did that jacket cost?"
"$1500"
"LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS HAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT LMAO"

so I dropped them and got new friends who are into fashion, now no one talks about price or money, which I think is tacky anyway
>>
>>11331680
>dropping friends because they dont spend 1500 on a jacket
what the fuck
>>
>>11331645
>when I bought some CPs I told them the price when asked and they acted like I was being ridiculous

why don't you just make up some story about how you found them in a goodwill donations bin, got them off a corpse, paid $20 because your dad''s friend works for the CIA...
>>
>>11331670
No (unless playing dress-up when planning fits counts). What I mean is that you spend enough time wearing clothes that it's worth getting something nice. Something that you like and is made well.
>>
>>11331680
Couldn't handle the bants
>>
>>11331678
I exclusively thrift all of my clothes
I think there's a /poverty/ subset here that just doesn't speak up because elitism.
>>
>>11331680
just sad
Your new friends must be amazing.
>>
>>11331680

Dude wtf??
Why not use money like For investments. That will last for years

I wouldn't want to be you're friend.

Sounds like you are irresponsible..unless you're a millionaire
>>
>>11331680
>HE
>COULDN'T
>HANDLE
>THE
>BANTER
>>
>>11331663
But if you took this advice you would be lying

Just ignore them if they ask how much you spent
>>
i really need rich friends tho
tired of being the only one with a stable income and not spending it on clothes or parties cause my broke friends will judge me while they smoke weed all day everyday
>>
>>11331678
>>11331695
Yeah there's definitely both - but I think people on here spend more money proportional to their budget than average. I know I spend a lot more than I should teebz
>>
>>11331732

Oh that's fucking sick make don't hang out with pot heads.
>They are a waste of space and waste of time
I can't stand those stagnant niggers
>>
>>11331732
>hanging out with people who judge you for not being a complete loser

Why do you do this to yourself?
>>
>>11331645
i have same problem, when ever i have something new they ask how much it costs. i often lie that i got it from sale. they think i wear it only to look rich and stuff that i usually buy doesn't even have logos so ppl can't really tell what designer it is unless they know the item
>>
My dad fucking flipped his shit the first time I told him I was spending like $110 on a polo shirt for work. I fucking worked for that money m8
>>
>>11331741
The only thing worst than a pot head in my experience are pseudo hippies
>>
File: cirnodunnolol.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cirnodunnolol.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>11331645
Explain them that you're a rich fashionista in a humble manner.
>>
>>11331645
I get shit for my willingness to spend more than 30 AUD on a t-shirt (thats like what, 20-25 dollars US?). Their main argument is uniqlo, which isn't necessarily bad although i'm moving away from it since their airisms and heattech tees are poly and wrinkle like crazy. Can't iron either and hang drying does shitall.
>>
>>11331692
>>11331711
This. I have friends that chirp me for my expensive clothing. I chirp them for their shit taste in music/fat gf/stupid moustache/whatever the fuck. It's what friends do. No one's feelings are getting hurt. At least not much.

Quit being a pussy and stop giving a shit.
>>
>>11331692
>Couldn't handle the bants
(not him), I find dealing with criticism to be very part of /fa/ because it can be something that you will come across.
regardless, if his friends are like this and he feels the need to run it's probably the best thing for him to do; find autistic manbabies that spend a lot of money on clothing (not the problem) and have a protective bubble of friends that encourage every purchase and decision (problem)
>>
>>11331685
are you literally retarded? kill yourself dude. He said he dropped them because they bitched like little girls, not because they don't spend that much.
>>
>>11331698
fuck off this board, normie scum. have fun never splurging money or expressing yourself through fashion because "hurr durr im better than u, im gun invest it xDDD"
>>
>>11331663
>It's not like you're splurging on video games, collectibles, or drugs.

Drugs aren't a splurge. They are more of a necessity than clothes provided you already have one outfit :^)
>>
>>11331645
I think you know the answer yourself.

You have an expensive lifestyle, which you obviously choose yourself. Whether your friends like it or not, you choose spending a lot of money because that's who you are. It doesn't make you an idiot if this certain lifestyle fits you. Maybe it's time for you to find some folks that you have more in common with.

Also, what kind of people ask about the price of a purchase? You truly have plebeian friends.
>>
>>11331732
I know this feel. i left my entire friend group behind for this reason. tfw alone.
>>
>>11331645
I think its all about what you want to spend your money on
clothes is pretty much one of the only things I buy
then I get on my laptop to play a video game and meet people with 4000$ pcs who like to scream about their pc parts its all about what you are into I guess
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.