[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you reckon /fa/? does he have a point about sizing in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1462687132694.jpg (330KB, 1159x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462687132694.jpg
330KB, 1159x960px
what do you reckon /fa/?

does he have a point about sizing in the fashion industry?
>>
>>11260599
nah, that bitch is big.
>>
God that My Chemical Romance poster
>>
>>11260599
Just get rid of gendered sizing altogether.
There's cool "women's" shoes that I would like to buy, but they don't make them in my size. Also things like t-shirts don't really need to be gendered either.
>>
wghat
>>
>>11260599
JUST
>>
>>11260606
i can tell you've never actually handled any clothing of the opposite gender

things are cut differently to accentuate or accommodate different parts or proportions depending on the gender

to get rid of gendered clothing is to make everything fit for males and have them in female sizing or have things fit relatively loose for both
>>
>>11260606
That's idiotic. Why would they make an item in sizes 1 - 10 knowing it will be predominately purchased between the 1-4 target market?
>>
>>11260599
They may fit him but they don't seem to fit her to begin with
>>
>>11260606
Well men and women generally like their clothes to fit differently and have far different proportions. I'm sure pants made for women aren't generally going to be flattering on men and vice versa. Unless they make the clothes unisex in style and are meant to conceal sexual dimorphism.
>>
File: polo bond.jpg (55KB, 384x619px) Image search: [Google]
polo bond.jpg
55KB, 384x619px
>>11260599
That girl is not exceptionally tall or muscular. She is exceptionally fat. My own gf is thick as hell, 5'9" with broad shoulders and still doesn't wear XL sizes. Nobody goes a little hard in the cake one week and ends up wearing XL because they developed some love handles.
>>
>>11260615
make more of the 1-4? I am not that dude and don't agree with him but it wouldn't be that hard to calculate demand for larger sizes in shoes for example and then make a smaller amount of them according to that number.

There's some cool women's sneakers out there that they don't have in my size
>>
>reading his post
He has a point.
>sees him wear those clothes
Yeah, shits definitely fucked up man. This is an issue.
>sees that pic of his gf
HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN THE HARPOONS JESUS CHRIST

SHE IS DEFINITELY A FUCKING XL
>>
>>11260668
OK thanks for this post really appreciate it
>>
>>11260599
those things look like they're thin and are supposed to stretch to accentuate the body. too bad at xl it's accentuating fat.
>>
>>11260663
I get you and wear oversized/'boyfriend fit' women's any chance I get but what you're demanding they do is absurd. You're thinking politically when they're thinking commercially. Until consumers stop shopping gendered there's no reason for them to expect there to be any significant demand for any women's item in men's sizes. Many shoes are released unisex fyi, docs 1460s for example.

and as the other anon pointed out, besides estimating demand for production numbers, men and women's body's are different and a lot of clothing is designed to accentuate that (just as there are many designed to hide it).
>>
>>11260683
As you suggest I think making more unisex shoes would be a good way to do what I am saying at a relatively low cost, and release colorways for both genders (assuming grill shoes have more girly colors).

Regarding your second point I agree with what you are saying, but I never agreed with OPs argument. unisex clothing is a horrible idea, anyone who says this has not tried on the opposite gender's clothes before.
>>
>>11260694
It's not really that trivial. for one thing, shoe's are usually designed with on base size in mind, I think it's US9 for men, they start looking disproportionate at higher and low sizes.

It's also generally expensive for each additional variable in production, ie colorways and sizes. They'd also have to develop separate marketing campaigns.

the costs just add up the more groups you target.
>>
>>11260599
lmfao no. She's fucking huge.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.